Luiz Gustavo

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we have been in need of a REAL good DM for several seasons now. Ramires is more box-to-box runner and not a natural DM. Lampard is an attacking midfielder. Essien didnt look sharp at all after his return from injury, will be interesting to see how he does now under Mourinho and after half a season at Madrid. Mikel has never been consistently good enough unfortunately. Romeu out on loan.

Selling Mikel for say 10M euro and bringing in LG for 20 would be a twiffic bit of business.

Are there any English DMs on the market?

well we have been in need of a REAL good DM for several seasons now. Ramires is more box-to-box runner and not a natural DM. Lampard is an attacking midfielder. Essien didnt look sharp at all after his return from injury, will be interesting to see how he does now under Mourinho and after half a season at Madrid. Mikel has never been consistently good enough unfortunately. Romeu out on loan.

Selling Mikel for say 10M euro and bringing in LG for 20 would be a twiffic bit of business.

Are there any English DMs on the market?

maybe pub team level players like barry and parker

I believe Gustavo is as good as Mikel supporters claim Mikel is at defending, and as good as Mikel actually is at attacking.

In other words, not sure we'd be able to use him well in the current system with the 2 mids.

I think he's better in both defending and attacking.

I think he's better in both defending and attacking.

like I wrote, no doubts about the defending part, but not sure about attacking; haven't seen him doing much attacking wise.

I have not been following him at B. Munich though, so it might very well be Scolari instructed him to play almost as a holding mid for Brazil.

like I wrote, no doubts about the defending part, but not sure about attacking; haven't seen him doing much attacking wise.

I have not been following him at B. Munich though, so it might very well be Scolari instructed him to play almost as a holding mid for Brazil.

Yes, he was the most commited to defense between him and Paulinho. But Gustavo has some great deal of passing skills, which helps building attacks tremendously. Just watch some of his games for Bayern before they signed Martinez or even look at his passing stats, he's a beast - not only defensively sound, but also has an eye for a pass.

He was the player I wanted to see the most in our NT when they changed coaches, Felipão gladly answered my prayers.

unfortunately you're prolly right wadepain.png

I just think it's good to have an english spine in the team but f it this is about having a world class side challenging for all trophies

Liverpool tried that when they signed Downing, Henderson and the lot.

Moussa Sissoko would be an outstanding back up option if either of these do not come through. Young, powerful, and probably could get for about 12 mil.

Moussa Sissoko would be an outstanding back up option if either of these do not come through. Young, powerful, and probably could get for about 12 mil.

ive wanted him for years. cant believe ncastle got him for around 2m

According to Sky Italy Bayern Munich is currently meeting Wolfsburg for the transfer out of Luiz Gustavo.

God we got to make a go at him, if he's available as it seems he would be a hugh signing for us. Sell Mikel and bring him.

Gianluca Di Marzio, very reliable, is also on it. http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/wolfsburg-incontro-in-corso-per-luiz-gustavo/

According to Sky Italy Bayern Munich is currently meeting Wolfsburg for the transfer out of Luiz Gustavo.

God we got to make a go at him, if he's available as it seems he would be a hugh signing for us. Sell Mikel and bring him.

Gianluca Di Marzio, very reliable, is also on it. http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/wolfsburg-incontro-in-corso-per-luiz-gustavo/

Haven't watched Gustavo closely, but if he's that good why is Bayern letting him go? I remember reading two or three weeks ago that Gustavo will be leaving Bayern this summer, so clubs knew since then he'll be available for a transfer. And again I'm wondering, if he's so good, why is Wolfsburg the only team interested in him?

Haven't watched Gustavo closely, but if he's that good why is Bayern letting him go? I remember reading two or three weeks ago that Gustavo will be leaving Bayern this summer, so clubs knew since then he'll be available for a transfer. And again I'm wondering, if he's so good, why is Wolfsburg the only team interested in him?

Im not sure why Wolfsburg are the only club, becuase he's easily one of the best DM's in the world. Just watch him in the final against Spain in the Conf Cup or against Real in the SF in 2012. maybe Wolfsburg arent realy the only club, and maybe Bayern werent sure about him leaving and it was in a discussion with Pep and the board until now (and with Thiago's signing)

If you look at their performances in the last two seasons, he's better than De Rossi.

Why would Bayern let him go? they have Martinez who is more suitable to their game, and with Pep as a manager and with Thiago's arrival it seems Gustavo wont get a big part in the team.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You