Jase

Man of the Match  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost to the best team in England and gave them a proper fight which doesn't make me angry or frustrated. It's FA Cup, we can afford this. Fulham loss would hurt way more. And that's something we need to bear in mind when travelling to Craven Cottage.

Man of the match has got to be Chris Foy, he just single-handedly won Manchester City the FA Cup.

Proud of our players today, they showed balls in the second half but Foy robbed us. First half was shocking though, Benitez got his tactics completely wrong and mixed things up a bit too late.

Atleast two scandalous decisions by the ref. Agüero should have been sent off and it was a penalty, clumsy by Kompany. Clear as daylight. Having said that we barely deserved more from this game. Drawing 2-2 would be flattering for us if you look at the first half performance, we weren't even close to as good as City in that period. Second half was better but again, City had the edge. We couldn't control neither Toure or Tevez. Our midfield is leaking, players are tired. I'm proud of them not to give up at 2-0 down, well done. Torres made instant impact and was lively thoughout, what a goal by Ba yet again, but other than that he was quite invisible or ineffective. Stupid time to drop out, would have rather dropped out a few rounds back then, would have saved two replays and now this, but that's football. Europa League and top4, focus on those two... KTBFFH

+1

One of the worst and definitely the pasionless performance from a Chelsea team at Wembley.

Fuck it hurts so bad when I remember how we played this time last year against Spuds and Vermin. Two tactical master-pieces by Robbie, I miss the man.

This season seems like a never-ending disaster, probably the worst in many many years.

I agree with you right up till Torres came on and Ba scored that wonder goal. We were unlucky not to equalize, but credit to city's keeper as he was fantastic today.

It was just a classic case of "too little, too late".

am I the only bitter about the lack of tactical changes by FSW? In the first half anyone w/ half a brain could tell that Man City were bossing in the midfield. What does FSW do? Absolutely nothing <_< Enjoy the rest of the season. I won't :angry:

No point blaming the ref, imo. We started the game looking to park the bus just like we did at the Ettihad. When we finally started playing and taking the game to City it was too late. That said, City we very lucky to hold on and we were unlucky to concede in the 47th minute. Just wasn't our day.

Mata, Ba and Bertrand were our best players today, imo. Iva was probably our worst. He made 2-3 huge mistakes in the first half that we got away with but eventually Aguero punished us.

Was it just me or was azpilicueta in shocking form today? This may come off as a knee jerk reaction but his crossing is just as shit as bosingwa.

His crossing has always been average/bad, about his form, I don't blame him for the slightest considering how many matches he has played and how he kept sprinting like a marathon athlete.

I agree with you right up till Torres came on and Ba scored that wonder goal. We were unlucky not to equalize, but credit to city's keeper as he was fantastic today.

It was just a classic case of "too little, too late".

Exactly...we only seemed to play better when it was 2-0 which was a mountain in itself to climb...cant blame the non ref decsion for the ref..all that would've done would given us extra time or nothing had we missed.Shouldnt have to rely on a penatly to win/draw a game...

I thought Hazard had his worst game in Chelsea shirt and he could not have chosen a better place to do that. May be i expect a lot from him but he kept loosing balls and never looked like making a correct decision whenever he had the ball.
Azpi was below par as well but i ll give him a by for this match considering he has been playing non stop for the past 2 weeks.

Although , looking at the way our team played without the iconic figures of Lampard, Terry , Drogba, i am quite pleased with the way we performed after going down 2 goals. That showed that these young ones have balls and they just need a better manager and experience. I certainly sense a very bright future looking at the way we played the last 35 mins. I'm just satisfied all of them played for shirt and gave everything, thats enough for me.

We will get better next season, let's have patience.

Despite the fact that we lost, the game was pretty fantastic to watch from the first whistle to the last, even if the refereeing was fucking awful. Stonewall pen at the end and I don't even think that I have to get started on Künt. However, as we saw, we suffered from the same problems that we have suffered from the entire season. We looked awful in defense today, Luiz' positioning was torrid in the first half (which is why they scored) and Ramires and Mikel (especially) don't offer enough protection to the back four. What the fuck was Mikel doing? Utterly shambolic from him. His afternoon was summed up when he was in possession in the centre of the park with loads of space and a few players open... then he just lazily toepokes it and then it gets intercepted. I lost count of how many times Tevez or Aguero had miles of space to work with right in front of our back four (the zone that Mikel is supposed to be protecting). I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this summer we need to get our hands on a holding player who actually has an ounce of positional sense.

Overall, it was kind of expected that we'd get outclassed (first half), so while I'm quite disappointed with the result, it was a very good attempt from the lads.