Jase

Man of the Match  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats true. But just think of it this way : what would this team be if we also throw the physicality of Luiz out?

This is why we lost, power. Pure power. I havent seen the first 40 minutes but: last game as well against them, the match against Juve.... Big games.... You see a lack of presence sometimes.

I dont want Mata or Hazard to be more powerfull IN their role. I do want to see that from the FUcking pivot.

Also: I feel sorry to say it, but Torres is fighting ......

We have enough strength just not enough football intelligence/skills in our pivot (positioning, tackling, interceptions are to low)

Simply not good enough. city are the only team in England we simply do not have a chance against. Their pace and strength is impossible to break down for our slow midgets. Our spine, no matter age or form is simply a massive downgrade on te Lampard-Drogba partnership that made us the best team in England only 3 years ago. U can say "transition" or shit. This might apply for Oscar or Hazard who still can improve, esp mentally but Mata simply is not the player we want himto be. He simply has not the tools to carry us against opponents of this calibre. Mata has failed us any big game this and last season once he faced some decent defenders. Barca, Bayern, Juve, City, Atletico all got them in their pockets all day long. He so slow and one footed, they only have to cover his left boot and block him when he wants to "run" past defenders. We lack class all over the pitch. This, not only rafa or the refs, are the problem.

Yeh with our midfield we will never win against such teams if they are playing well, our AMs do their jobs already tho and next year with hopefully another coach they will even be better.

FUCK YOU AGUERO AND FOY!!!

Can't get over how bad that Aguero challenge was. Hope the FA throw the book at him. Preferably a really large book, like a dictionary.

! :)

I got this pict from a post in this thread:

komp_ft_zps678b5bfe.jpg

Yes that is an armbar that Kompany is using. Perfect technique if this was a cage fight, but this was a footie match <_<

Well you cant really blame him there, he wouldnt have cared getting a red card (final could be won without him) + prolly knew foy wouldn't do much so he could pretty much do whatever he wanted without exxagerating (nasty fouls n stuff), he also gave Hazard in 75-80th minute a manhandling iirc when he was trying to dribble him, it was quite obvious he was doing everything to prevent us having any good chances final 15 minutes.

We gain nothing from a ban on Aguero but if he isn't banned, then he's available for City vs Spurs. Top 4 more important. Don't ban Aguero

Exactly. We need him to play at Spurs.

Chelsea are the slowest top team when in possesion. How do we expect to create chances when we are so freaking slow in our buildups.

The first half was like mancity were young men and we were old ladies, so freaking slow.

We are a better team than manutd so why do the keep on beating teams since all they do is cross the ball?? Answer - because they play FAST. They don't play like they are retired, speeding up the game confuses defenders.... when will we learn this???

Magic Lamps said something someone quoted above and I agree. I don't like how mata's weakness on the ball gets the better of him in big matches, especially against top possesion teams (bayern, juve, mancity, barca) he plays horrible because he can't hold the ball under slight pressure. Against big teams like those, I think he should be playing in the wings to accomodate an AM to put in a proper defensive shift. If he was the one marking pirlo at the bridge instead of oscar, we would have been raped there.

A perfect example is how bayern use kroos as the AM against big teams to put in a defensive shift and not just stay up there and be bullied off the ball.

Gone are those days when we bully teams on our way to victory, now we have pple like mikel who never put in a slide challenge to win the ball at all. I miss those days when arsenal complain how we bully them and now we've turned to them rather.

Oscar can't play in the wings, especially now he is fatigued. Playing there is worse off now, anywhere in the center is good for oscar than wings.

Sorry but he put in the most tackles for us(8) and had an 85% pass completion. He was our highest rated player in whoscored.com(7.7/10) especially in the 2nd half.

City deserved to win, yaya reminded me of essien. Power and speed.

All this talk about bulking up is a little bit silly in my opinion. People seem to be confusing size with workrate and physicality.

Mikel is 6'2" but he plays like a midget because he has no heart.

The Dortmund and Madrid teams that Man City were eliminated from the CL by weren't physical giants, but simply worked harder and had a player in the team who could stop City - we need a Khedira who can put in a shift and then release the ball to his attackers with the minimum of fuss.

I'd be interested to see if Oscar gets more starts in the pivot going forward though, because he worked his bollocks off in that position yesterday and he's a much more tenacious player then one might think.

The whole team took their time to start and it was a poor 1st half from the whole team. Cech suddenly cant pick players out, Oscar and Hazard lost the balls in the double figures, Mikel gave Yaya a run although had a misplaced pass, cant fault him for the 1st goal, taken off for a more attacking approach which brought the best out of Oscar. I don't see who Lampard or JT would have come in for and cant fault the spirit of the team in the 2nd half. We lost to a more physically strong team that dwarfed our midfield and took their chance when in control of the game. Only opinion on Rafa is Torres should have come in a little earlier but he was vindicated on leaving Oscar on the pitch (Lampard and Moses can never track back the way Oscar did).

Lost to to a fitter better team whose keeper had a good game.

Aguero escapes action over two footed lunge on Luiz.

Fucking pathetic spineless toss bags they are, bottled it again the oxygen thieves.

You do this in the street and you are arrested, you steel a coppers hat and you are arrested..........unreal.