Jase

Man of the Match  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, and I know this is an unpopular opinion around here, but PVA simply has a higher ceiling than Bertrand.

He should stay where he will get consistent playing time, but I cant be the only one who sees this even before the display today.

Unfortunately I don't think Bertrand is or will be Chelsea material, don't know about PVA though.

Did the players decided that the Europa League was an hindrance for the chase to the CL spot ? Or did they merely decreed that they were to good to play in it ?

And is there anyone at the helm ? A manager, a leader ?

Chelsea interim manager Rafa Benitez: "It was a difficult game, you could see the atmosphere and the pitch was not the best. We are disappointed because we conceded a goal with a soft penalty and had one or two chances to score. Our keeper was not making any saves and we could have scored so we have to do everything at Stamford Bridge.

"It was a soft penalty to give in this situation with so many officials. We cannot change that now. The referee gave the penalty but no red card? Strange.

"You saw the reaction in the second half. We were pushing and were on top. They were dangerous on the counter-attack. This result means we have to win at home and we have to push together."

Everyone was awful and I know the majority of the blame will go to Benitez, the board and Torres but there was a distinct lack of leadership on the pitch today and that falls on Terry and Lampard.

We'll probably beat them in the next round, but it's hard to muster much excitement for that.

You don't mind losing if your team puts in the effort, shows some passion, a little heart, play for the shirt......The only people associated to our club who put themselves out were our fans who travelled - poor sods!

Will give Steaua credit as they defended well, deep & in numbers but we sure made it easy for them.

seems only the fans have passion

True.

If the club had any feelings at all for the supporters they'd issue an apology to all those who took the time, and spent the money, to be out there tonight.

Rafael Benitez is the worst manager of all time. Either that, or this joke of a club is cursed, or something. I don't know, but it's very depressing. The team's performances have gotten shit to the point that I think I'm not even enjoying football anymore, and it's becoming worse each day.

So, kudos to the board for putting this club in the "right direction".