Reading v Chelsea

Jase

please Rafa, just TRY Ba and Torres from the start... we cant play with one central strker anymore... let them be creative and run wild... please oh please...

but knowing Rafa's stubborn ass, he wont... let them battle it out... it will get the best out of both of them, creating and scoring...

Edited by tmessy

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would start Ba and Torres up front here. No better time to try this. if we lead and need to consolidate, move Torres to the left wing. Can't do worse than Marin can he?

Cech

Azpilicueta Ivanovic Terry Cole

Ramires

Oscar Mata

Lampard

Ba Torres

I would start Ba and Torres up front here. No better time to try this. if we lead and need to consolidate, move Torres to the left wing. Can't do worse than Marin can he?

Cech

Ramires

Oscar Mata

Lampard

Ba Torres

Same here, and yes it can't be worse than playing Marin atm.

However, if the two are going together play at any stage, Rafa'll most likely place Ba on the wing, instead of second striker, where I feel he should be. The Spaniard seem to come alive when Ba came on last weekend, and I'm curious to know if it can happen again.

Same here, and yes it can't be worse than playing Marin atm.

However, if the two are going together play at any stage, Rafa'll most likely place Ba on the wing, instead of second striker, where I feel he should be. The Spaniard seem to come alive when Ba came on last weekend, and I'm curious to know if it can happen again.

it may offset our system but in essence, what it does is that the opposition defenders will have to deal with both Ba and Torres. Ofcourse, for this to work, the supply from midfield must be good and we should have a certain degree of control over the game

Cech

Ramires

Oscar Mata

Lampard

Ba Torres

With the distinct lack of choices we have it could be worth a go, i would probably change the midfield a little bit though

Lampard

Oscar Ramires

Mata

I think Ramires is best in his 4-3-3 position to which this is similar and lampards better long range passing would benefit more from deeper. Yes he isn't a holding player, and doesn't like to defend that much but then neither does ramires who can still drop back to support because he will run forever. And Mata plays in his best position and can try to supply to strikers as opposed to one.

With the distinct lack of choices we have it could be worth a go, i would probably change the midfield a little bit though

Lampard

Oscar Ramires

Mata

I think Ramires is best in his 4-3-3 position to which this is similar and lampards better long range passing would benefit more from deeper. Yes he isn't a holding player, and doesn't like to defend that much but then neither does ramires who can still drop back to support because he will run forever. And Mata plays in his best position and can try to supply to strikers as opposed to one.

but Lampard at DM alone means we could get caught out often. Ramires more mobile

but Lampard at DM alone means we could get caught out often. Ramires more mobile

i think we have seen that with lampard and ramires we get caught out, so whichever way we go we are gonna have to rely a lot on pur back 4 and the fact we can outscore them. Unless we do something like putting Cahill in there to just sit in, and then let oscar ramires mata, ba and torres try and get the goals with the help of our fullbacks, whilst ensuring we don't get too ripped apart on the counter.

fa45d5f1877248620da7b3c3789b843d.png

Thanks for always posting theses stats! Gr8 contribution to the forum..... we gave QPR their first win at the Bridge in ages so stats and head to head won't really matter!

Play like men! Don't waste chances! Defend well!

KEEP THESE 3 POINTS IN MIND AND WE WILL GET 3 POINTS!

Benitez has confirmed that Cech and Luiz won't be available for this game.

FUCK!

Worse, I thought you were going to say: "Benitez has confirmed he will leave Chelsea forever"... :lol:

Benitez:

• "We are playing more games than anyone. In some positions we have only two or three players, that's the reality."
  • "After the Africa Cup of Nations, and when we get Eden Hazard back, we'll be able to manager a bit better."
  • "Ryan Bertrand played as a winger on Sunday, we know he's not a winger but he did a great job for the team."
  • ''Benitez: "I'm really focused on my job. We know we are training well and preparing properly, and that's my job."
  • ''Both Petr Cech and David Luiz will miss tomorrow's match.
  • "I was really pleased with John Terry against Brentford after not playing for such a long time."
  • "The players are happy in terms of what we are doing. Against Arsenal we were fantastic. We have to win together."
  • "The positive is that we are still scoring goals and conceding less than in the past, but we still need to improve."
  • "My focus is to improve the team and keep the players believing that we can win. I like managing top sides and this is one."