xPetrCechx

Missed out on Neymar what do you mean? No body knows where he will go after Santos, there have been rumour's that he's off to Barcelona but nothing concrete.

Some years ago we were the only genuine ones linked with neymar and santos demanded 30mil and we didn't pay. Now neymar is 60-70mil and is worth it with his obvious quality.

Isco is one of the best in his age group, so in a few years (at 24, matas age) he would be worth much more than this. Buy him cheap loan him back, and monitor his development in malaga. If he becomes a top player, then we have a big bonus at a cheap price.

Marin barely plays anyway, is slightly above average and will probably leave IMO. So we need Isco.

People who are thinking we're going overkill with AM's. I say, not really. We need depth. Look at ManUre. They have 4 fucking Strikers and were still linked to Lewandowski. So I ask you. What's the difference between that and our situation with AM's?

I'll tell you the difference. United/City have 4 strikers when they play 2 in every game. That means they have another 2 on the bench. If one of the starting players is injured that means there is 1 left on the bench.

When we have 6 AM's and we play 3, you can rest a player more because there are 3 players who arent playing regulary. Its very simple.

I think what you suggested with "Hazard/Isco" is bizzar, you dont need so much quality on one position. You got to have at least some hierarchy in the team. i dont know about overkill, but 5 AM's is enough depth. Bayern have 5, Real have Modric, Kaka and Callejón but they arent playing so much (especially Kaka). All the teams have 3 players who are the regular starters.

I'll tell you the difference. United/City have 4 strikers when they play 2 in every game. That means they have another 2 on the bench. If one of the starting players is injured that means there is 1 left on the bench.

When we have 6 AM's and we play 3, you can rest a player more because there are 3 players who arent playing regulary. Its very simple.

I think what you suggested with "Hazard/Isco" is bizzar, you dont need so much quality on one position. You got to have at least some hierarchy in the team. i dont know about overkill, but 5 AM's is enough depth. Bayern have 5, Real have Modric, Kaka and Callejón but they arent playing so much (especially Kaka). All the teams have 3 players who are the regular starters.

We would only have 4 AM's. If Isco comes marin should go. So only 4, not 5.

Moses and KDB? they are playing on the same positions as you already wrote.

Moses is a Winger and KDB can play so many positions he's not an AM. For us he'd play on the wings and in central midfield. Actually you can even say Hazard is better suited out wide so that's only 3 AM's.

Wouldnt hold your breath mate.

I can't express how quickly i think we should snap their fingers off at £15 for this lad.

I know this is a typo but it reminded me of when Mallorca gave one of their players (Castro) a release clause of €18,000 by mistake :doh:

People saying "No" to Isco because we have Marin, Moses, Piazon (lol), whoever - they genuinely make me question how much they know about football. This post will make me sound so cocky, big headed, or just like a dickhead - but seriously... you need your head checked if you don't want the best Spanish player of his generation to join this team.

It's honestly sickening how so many of you want to settle for mediocrity like we're Arsenal or Tottenham.

I do not give a flying fuck about Marin.

I stopped there, already disgusted me...

Plus he can't track back as good as Moses, Hazard or Oscar.

What are you basing that on though? He plays centrally at the moment - so his job isn't really to track back, whereas it is the job of Moses and Hazard.

Hazard never tracked back before coming here, and Mata isn't a child. He can easily learn, adapt and adjust his game. Infact, if he couldn't learn how to track back, I'd be scared to have such a player at this club. All players have to be able to improve their game in some areas.

As for being better in the middle - so is Hazard. But he plays on the wing. No reason why Mata can't either.

What are you basing that on though? He plays centrally at the moment - so his job isn't really to track back, whereas it is the job of Moses and Hazard.

Hazard never tracked back before coming here, and Mata isn't a child. He can easily learn, adapt and adjust his game. Infact, if he couldn't learn how to track back, I'd be scared to have such a player at this club. All players have to be able to improve their game in some areas.

As for being better in the middle - so is Hazard. But he plays on the wing. No reason why Mata can't either.

I'm basing it on last season when he played on the wings, and also when Oscar was playing centrally earlier this season.

He is almost as effective attacking wise, but defensively there's a lot more space to exploit with Mata on the wings, since he drifts into the middle every time. Hazard does a far better job, especially since Rafa took over.

He could be made to put in a shift defensively, but there's no need for that. He has been more than brilliant for us in the middle, and i wouldn't switch him because of Isco tbh.

If we're going to add to the '3' behind the striker, then i would prefer players who could add width to the side, something we really need. We already have Mata/Oscar/Hazard who can play down the middle, isn't that enough?

Note:

Marin = Winger, and one of the most disappointing players in the Bundesliga before joining us. Piazon = 2nd Striker/Winger, who mainly gets this praise because he looks appearance-wise similar to Kaka and is from Brazil. Moses = Winger. De Bruyne = Central Midfielder capable of playing in the hole.

So how many attacking midfielders do we have when Hazard & Mata are already playing on the pitch? Oscar? The one who most of you are saying "will play in the double pivot"? Whoah. That's showing great depth at attacking midfield isn't it? Stuff of champions that is right there.

I agree with you that if you can upgrade, you do, but we are not short of attacking midfielders. For me, someone like Isco is just not what we need. I've only seen him a bit and he has clearly talent, but he's also obviously not the finished package yet. He has tremendous skills, but he also has flaws. He's an attacking midfielder who only has 1 assist and 1.1 key passes a game. He also has 4 goals on 42 shots which either means he shoots too much or is a poor finisher. He also gets dispossessed more than any of his teammates. We already have a number of players we need to develop, and if we are going to buy someone else, I want someone who is a finished product. Not another young player with excellent potential and an exciting youtube reel. I would also like a natural winger or a central midfielder if we added someone because that is where we do lack depth.

There comes a point where buying new players loses all its value. Whoever we'd buy at AM, won't replace Marin because Marin never plays and therefore needs no replacement. For next season, for 4 midfield spots, we already have Mata, Hazard, Moses, Ramires, Oscar, KDB, and Marin. That's without counting Luiz, Josh, Piazon, Kakuta, or Chalobah all of whom could force their way into playing time. We could afford one more midfielder but if we get someone good, all that means is that someone else who should be getting playing time, won't. Getting Isco would mean that players like Oscar and KDB wouldn't get as much development time. Chelsea already have three players, all of whom are young and extremely talented, for the #10 spot. That would be De Bruyne's most natural spot as well. This is literally the last position we need to address.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You