xPetrCechx

That's a good point made. We have too many young players as it is, I'm not even sure if this rumour has any substance at all so it really is hypothetically speaking. I do think we need a player to rotate with Mata though, with taking your point of having too many young players into consideration then maybe we should look at more experienced and matured mid. Cazorla would have been ideal.

That would be much more ideal. OR we could switch to 4-3-3 when Mata isn't playing. We have the players to play out wide and the right ST now to play on his own upfront in that formation in Ba.

That would be much more ideal. OR we could switch to 4-3-3 when Mata isn't playing. We have the players to play out wide and the right ST now to play on his own upfront in that formation in Ba.

I personally think with Mikel as a single DM with Oscar and Luiz/rami as LCM and RCM with Hazard and Moses on wings and BA lone striker would be the best way for us to set up when Mata is rested.

Again, if Isco comes to Chels for such a small role, he will be as criticized as Oscar. He will need a good time to adapt (language, style, city, food, etc) and has the same problem of being unconfortable in tight and physical situations (although he is a better dribler and close range shooter).

If Isco comes, I want Marin out. We must not buy great players just to prevent them from going elsewhere...

If Isco comes we can keep Marin as back up to Moses. You need 2 or 3 quality players for every position at a top team. United have 4 top strikers, same with City. Barca have quality everywhere as do Madrid

We're clearly after an attacking midfielder after these links with the likes of pjanic, Taison, Willian. So if we're looking for one I'd hope it will be Isco as he's the best out of the lot we've been linked with

Pretty much this. The club seems to fancy another attacking midfielder and this guy seems like one of the best young guys out there, and the price (if even remotely correct) is a no-brainer.

Short term wise, yes. We probably need someone like Isco. But what about long term? We still have the likes of De Bruyne, McEachran out on loan in the team. Also, we don't really know what Oscar's best position is yet. He could turn out to be a proper No.10/CAM rather than a CM in the pivot.

And people want us to get Isco so that we can rotate him with Mata? What are we gonna do with Isco when Mata is still fresh enough to play? Mata will play most of the games, just need to be rested the odd games here and there. We gotta be careful not to over-stack ourselves with midfielders unnecessarily.

As I've already written, it looks like Isco can play anywhere in AM, so left and right attacking midfield is also possible because of his great dribbling skills. Also, even if he undoubtadly is a great talent, he still has to fight for his spot here, and if he turns out to be a magnificent improvement to the current first team, we will find a spot for him to play, I'm sure about that.

Kevin De Bruyne is for me the most variable player we have (or going to have) right now, as he can play on the wings, as a playmaker and also could possibly be a pivot player for us. Bremen play a 4-3-3 and he plays in the CM, he's well suited for everything in the central midfield, either attacking or defending. I don't have any worries about him having trouble to find his right spot, for me, he's an allrounder. As for Josh, I see him as a pivot player, though it will be very difficult for him to get a spot, but I hope he does.

I like the thought of a 4-3-3 when Mata's out btw, maybe the CM is the best position for Oscar right there. But then again, we need to invest in another great worker in our defensive midfield and if Mikel can't play, we'd have the same problem as before. That shows that our overall depth in the midfield should still be increased, maybe even more in the DM. I still think this model has a possible place for Isco, as he's even claimed to be a winger by transfermarkt (http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/isco/profil/spieler_85288.html) and as I said, often comes down the wing with his dribblings. Next season, there'll be possible spots for KDB (winger/CM) and Josh (CM) in that formation, too.

Fail logic. United have always played with 2 strikers and of course they would need 4!

I don't think Isco would want to come here to be a rotation option with Mata. For someone his age now, he would want to play every week, not just 1 game here, 1 game there when Mata isn't playing. What are we gonna do with Isco when Mata is playing? And really, your point just emphasized what I said about getting Isco now is just a short term option. What about long term? Can't be having all these young players together at once.

I understand the point being made that our priority in this transfer windsor should be a central midfielder to play next to Mikel ( or Luiz) and to a certain extent, I agree. However I do see room for another attacking midfielder but one that perhaps offers more versatility than what mata (or even moses )brings. From what I've seen Isco is not just an attacking midfielder that plays behind the striker, he's also very effective playing down the wings. Like Mata he has great vision for passes however unlike mata he's robust, has strength, pace, beats defenders, difficult to knock off the ball and helps out defensively as well. These are qualities that this squad really needs hence why Rafa continuously plays moses. However sometimes moses can have a great game, other times he's really poor and unfortunately he tends to have poor games against better oppositions. Whether it be Isco or someone else, I think we'll benefit highly from an attacking midfielder who can offer what moses brings but also a little bit more.

If Isco comes we can keep Marin as back up to Moses. You need 2 or 3 quality players for every position at a top team. United have 4 top strikers, same with City. Barca have quality everywhere as do Madrid

THIS:

This is not FIFA, the players wont be lying around on the bench waiting for their time just because the team will have a great depth!

Things just dont work, the chemestry falls apart and there will always be players moaning about their playing time. Also, no team can have immense depth in all areas of the field, if you have 4 big players for one spot, somewhere else on the pitch will lack quality. Barcelona has Sanchez, Iniesta, Pedro, Tello, Villa and Thiago for 2 positions (no wonder Villa is unhappy) and no CBs. ManCity has Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli for striker and no proper winger and defender (besides Kompany). Real Madrid has immense offensive depth (the best of any other team) and no RB (not even one).

So....Leif, decide!

Do you prefer to have Mata, Hazard, Moses, Oscar, Piazon and Marin for 3 positions and add quality on ST, CM, CB, LB? - OR - Do you prefer to buy Isco and Schurrle and keep Ba as the only Striker and Terry and Iva as our only trully great centerbacks?

THIS:

Real have Arbeloa (as an RB).

Edit: nah Arbeloa is a descent defender.

As for Isco, i guess i shouldnt care so much if he'll replace Marin in the summer and Marin will be sold, but still- if we are looking for someone to play at RW, i dont think he's what we need. in fact im ok with Moses and i think he could be the right player for this position next season too, but IF we are looking for someone, from what i've seen Isco is too similar to Mata and Oscar. I dont see the point behind it except the fact he's one of the best talents right not.

OT: Epic fail in the spelling on that sign in your sig. Haha.

No, you are the one that have learned his name by Western Culture spelling.

His real name: Roman Arkadjewitsch Abramowitsch

Yesterday we were going to sign him, now we're considering a summer move :lol: gotta love the daily mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2258195/Chelsea-plan-summer-beat-Man-City-Malaga-midfielder-Isco.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Wankers :(

Really like this guy though :)

Hate saying it but on FM he's fucking awesome :) I signed him for Crawley Town!!!! He's now worth 70million and captain of Spain :)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You