Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Christian Benteke

Tomo
Followers 2

I'm not saying he's a one-season wonder, but the true test of a player like this is consistency. He should stay another season at Villa.

Amir Zaki and Jelavic are players that spring to mind.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea exactly. I'm not discrediting what Benteke's been able to do this season, but it does happen. It could even happen to Michu. They must stay at their clubs for another season!

Aguero too. Hasn't had the similar impact as he had last season. Especially by his standards!!

• 2 weeks later...

Christian Benteke has cast doubt on his future at Aston Villa by indicating that he would like to leave if a leading club such as Arsenal try to buy him.

Villa want the striker to sign a new, improved contract but Benteke has given a press conference on international duty with Belgium before their friendly against the USA in which he is quoted as saying that he may demand a transfer: "If Aston Villa say I must stay, I won't necessarily accept that. I do not in any way want to feel I didn't get the most out of my career."

Benteke is further quoted as saying: "Of course playing the World Cup in Rio is in my head. But I have no fear of falling out of the team. There is no point in me getting into a tug-of-war with Villa.

"If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I'm convinced we can reach a compromise where everyone comes out a winner."

Benteke's agent Kismet Eris told the Sun: "This always happens when he goes away with the national team. I'd prefer he didn't speak to journalists but the Belgian team insist he does a press conference.

"If he was unhappy at Villa we'd have seen that. But he's not."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/24/christian-benteke-aston-villa

I really rate him... he's strong as an ox and he'd be a good option instead of a inflated signing over 40 million.

I'd take Lukaku over him. Better link up play, stronger, faster, better finisher, etc.

Don't know how many chances I've seen this guy squander. I might just catch him at the wrong time, but he misses a lot of easy ones.

I'd take Lukaku over him. Better link up play, stronger, faster, better finisher, etc.

Don't know how many chances I've seen this guy squander. I might just catch him at the wrong time, but he misses a lot of easy ones.

and the ones ive seen him score seem to be deflected or gk errors. Could be an unfair generalization but I can only judge what ive seen

Merged with the old thread.

Why do we even need Benteke when we already have Lukaku? What we need right now is world class ST that can come in and do the job for us, not another young talent. Can't go buying all the young and upcoming players out there!

and the ones ive seen him score seem to be deflected or gk errors. Could be an unfair generalization but I can only judge what ive seen

Tbh he has scored some excellent goals. I am not going to judge him from one season but his goal against was sheer individual brilliance. His goal against WBA is up there with the best of them this season in their win at Hawthorns and he scored 2 very good goals in the win at Anfield. I think it is harsh for people to call him overrated after how much he has stood out in a poor team tbh. It would be fair for people to say they are unsure about him because he has only had 1 season in the prem but he has had an excellent season and deserves plaudits his way.

But to summarise he is a very good promising striker but we don't need him right now.

Merged with the old thread.

Why do we even need Benteke when we already have Lukaku? What we need right now is world class ST that can come in and do the job for us, not another young talent. Can't go buying all the young and upcoming players out there!

Spot on. In the last two years all we buy is young, undeveloped and still unproven talent. And actually that's great, but we need someone who can lead our attack the way Drogba did. Some world class striker like Lewandowski, Cavani, Falcao, Rooney

like Torres or Shevchenko :Goober:

Story of his career, moving from club to club to club and on...

Seen someone saying he missed a lot of sitters, story of his life to, every season he could have scored at least 10 goals more the he did..

Very strange guy, but if he performs for Belgium and takes away points of Cfc rivals i'm not complaining ;)

• 2 weeks later...