Christian Benteke

Tomo

I hope im not slated for saying this but he kind of has the same gameplay of drogba. The strength and few flicks and link up play with about the same pace.

He's far more like Drogba than Lukaku is, definitely. However, I think we're better off in getting another striker.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As KoF pointed out, we need a ST with lots of experience, proven quality and/or in their prime so that they can come in and immediately do the job for us. Buying another young ST in Benteke will get us nowhere if we are to challenge for major trophies again and besides, we already have a young ST in Lukaku. Getting Benteke now will be nothing more than a luxury buy.

I'm not saying he's a one-season wonder, but the true test of a player like this is consistency. He should stay another season at Villa.

Amir Zaki and Jelavic are players that spring to mind.

Amir Zaki and Jelavic are players that spring to mind.

Yea exactly. I'm not discrediting what Benteke's been able to do this season, but it does happen. It could even happen to Michu. They must stay at their clubs for another season!

• 2 weeks later...

Christian Benteke has cast doubt on his future at Aston Villa by indicating that he would like to leave if a leading club such as Arsenal try to buy him.

Villa want the striker to sign a new, improved contract but Benteke has given a press conference on international duty with Belgium before their friendly against the USA in which he is quoted as saying that he may demand a transfer: "If Aston Villa say I must stay, I won't necessarily accept that. I do not in any way want to feel I didn't get the most out of my career."

Benteke is further quoted as saying: "Of course playing the World Cup in Rio is in my head. But I have no fear of falling out of the team. There is no point in me getting into a tug-of-war with Villa.

"If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I'm convinced we can reach a compromise where everyone comes out a winner."

Benteke's agent Kismet Eris told the Sun: "This always happens when he goes away with the national team. I'd prefer he didn't speak to journalists but the Belgian team insist he does a press conference.

"If he was unhappy at Villa we'd have seen that. But he's not."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/24/christian-benteke-aston-villa

I really rate him... he's strong as an ox and he'd be a good option instead of a inflated signing over 40 million.

I'd take Lukaku over him. Better link up play, stronger, faster, better finisher, etc.

Don't know how many chances I've seen this guy squander. I might just catch him at the wrong time, but he misses a lot of easy ones.

I'd take Lukaku over him. Better link up play, stronger, faster, better finisher, etc.

Don't know how many chances I've seen this guy squander. I might just catch him at the wrong time, but he misses a lot of easy ones.

and the ones ive seen him score seem to be deflected or gk errors. Could be an unfair generalization but I can only judge what ive seen

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You