• Lampard
    • Hazard
    • Mata
    • Moses
    • Torres
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Azpilicueta(sub)
    • Marin(sub)

He disappeared a lot during games last season. Cultured guy & stuff... But he's not a playmaker nor a winger. Can't keep the ball under pressure, gets away with it and tries to release it after several yards, before being closed down.

Today he had no space in a packed midfield, that was massively predictable. Like every big game from last season, left aside his goals/assists

So you're saying a guy came in to the English game and struggled at times in his first season.

Mata's not a playmaker. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking waste of time - and i bet Leeds will take advantage of 'jet lag' wednesday night so that will be another cup fucked.

I don't care if Torres got a couple of goals against shit teams, a good striker puts away their one chance they get in tight games, making the difference (Drogba!) Torres has never provided that and until we get someone like that we'll continue to struggle and not challenge.

And Lampard, i love him but the club are right to be letting him go at the end of the season. We lack energy in the midfield when he's there and he no longer justifies his huge wages.

Benitez bottled it - he should have started with the team that played against Monteray with Luiz in midfield.

I wouldn't say that at all. He's still our best player and while I don't think he's good enough for that role, he's an excellent player.

I don't think he's our best player, he's just in the best form out of all the players. I expect Hazard and Oscar to be better players.

Mata has been our best player this season. In future, maybe Oscar will step-up and take that role but the amount of 'fans' willing to throw this club, it's achievements and some of it's best players under the bus after a few bad results is fucking sickening.

Some people need to get a fucking grip and remember (or learn) how to support a football club.

We still have four competitions that can be won.

Premier League

FA Cup

Europa League

League Cup

And you know why we deserve to sing "We are the Champions of Europe"? Because Chelsea won in the fucking Champions League final.

Cross off the Prem. With Torres as our week in, week out striker, we have more of a chance of being relegated. RVP and Rooney are on fire for United and they haven't even hit second gear. City will be close behind. With our lady-boy up front, we will struggle to make top 6. Honestly, you can quote me on that. This loss is going to have massive ramifications between the English and Spanish factions at our club. The day we made our English contingent weaker was the day we can kiss goodbye to the Premier League. The only thing foreign player's give a fuck about is winning the CL.

We will lose to Leads at Elland Road, so you can cross that one off too.

I don't think he's our best player, he's just in the best form out of all the players. I expect Hazard and Oscar to be better players.

But they're not right now. Hazard has one great 4 game stretch to start the season but other than that, he tends to disappear for games. Oscar has been overall disappointing so far. His positioning is good and he has excellent awareness, but 14 league games 0 goals, 1 assist from an attacking midfielder is just not good. Mata leads us in goals and assists in the league despite sitting out some games earlier. I'll take the bird in hand over potential every time.

He disappeared a lot during games last season. Cultured guy & stuff... But he's not a playmaker nor a winger. Can't keep the ball under pressure, gets away with it and tries to release it after several yards, before being closed down.

Today he had no space in a packed midfield, that was massively predictable. Like every big game from last season, left aside his goals/assists

I agree he's no playmaker. Not of the highest level that is. I think he's much better as a left midfielder/left forward and he has what it takes to be world-class in that role imo. Not your typical wide man but with his great crossing, terrific positional sense, a quality eye for playing the final pass and his goal-scoring ability (also able of picking players out from deep positions), he'd be great.

Oscar is the real playmaker in this team. But he needs time as he's not at the required level yet.

To be honest I wasn't even fussed with that, we just made it so easy for them with some of the worst passing and displays of a lack of general control you could ever imagine from a top level side.

Utterly disgusting in a game of this magnitude.

I agree he's no playmaker. Not of the highest level that is. I think he's much better as a left midfielder/left forward and he has what it takes to be world-class in that role imo. Not your typical wide man but with his great crossing, terrific positional sense, a quality eye for playing the final pass and his goal-scoring ability (also able of picking players out from deep positions), he'd be great.

Oscar is the real playmaker in this team. But he needs time as he's not at the required level yet.

Oscar has the potential to be, but we'd have to build the team around him and that needs a long-term manager and time.

Right now, we have to go with what wins games right now and that is with Mata. People willing to write off top-four and start acting like Liverpool fans (surprised no-one has posted a picture of their shirt in flames yet) really need to take a step back.

We knew the problems at the start of the season, and they still exist. We can make it to summer in top four and then we can start to rebuild hopefully.