• Lampard
    • Hazard
    • Mata
    • Moses
    • Torres
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Azpilicueta(sub)
    • Marin(sub)

Yeah we've got Aston Villa, Norwich, Leeds etc so he should be playing well. I have praised him in the past and will do in the future.

Remind me what he did in the games against Juventus, Shakhtar, Bayern, Barcelona etc...I'll wait. He is a luxury player who is great when we're on top of games but not so much against teams that pressure and close down the space he requires.

I didn't know the Mata fanboys were as bad as the Torres ones.

Thats 4 games you have pointed out. Have you seen how we played when he wasnt in our squad? He has 6 goals for us in the league already, yes he isnt perfect but he is a damn good player. I cant stand it when prats like you single out Mata when he wasnt even the worst player today. We won so many games because of his influence.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really wanna go into the discussion, but Mata played particularly well against Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham. Granted, not the latter may not be the best of teams (lol), but you have to mind the gap between the styles we've been playing. Barca and Bayern were both ultra defensive, and he didn't have much he could have done.

Manchester, Arsenal and Spurs are not teams that pressure that much or close down the space.

I don't think they're Mata fanboys, but Chelsea supporters not being hysterical little girls.

But let's look at the Spurs and Arsenal games where he stepped up this season. He isn't the problem, it's the guys behind him.

There's definitely some fanboy'ism involved when any criticism of him is met with a barrage of insults. Must be a Spanish thing.

Manchester, Arsenal and Spurs are not teams that pressure that much or close down the space.

Dunno, but they certainly are big teams. I'll leave this discussion to people who actually know this, but I for one think Mata is our best player, and a great asset to the club.

Mata is crucial to us i don't think anyone can say otherwise. Not everyone can play all the time, and the fact is the pressure is falling on him too much to perform in every game as very rarely others step up. People say he doesn't perform in bug games which i think is BS as whatever anyone says Tot, ars away and man u at home are big games, i can also name you countless other players who were shit vs the likes of barca and juve. He is no drogba in terms of big match performances but very few are.

There's definitely some fanboy'ism involved when any criticism of him is met with a barrage of insults. Must be a Spanish thing.

What about all those games Drogba did nothing in? He is still a legend in my eyes. So stop fucking bitching.

Don't really wanna go into the discussion, but Mata played particularly well against Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham. Granted, not the latter may not be the best of teams (lol), but you have to mind the gap between the styles we've been playing. Barca and Bayern were both ultra defensive, and he didn't have much he could have done.

Styles is right, Mata is not good to play against teams that pressure and close down the space.

So the Peruvian Paolo Gurrero is a former Bayern Munich player... somewhat ironic I guess...

On Mata, it is quite obvious to me our problems go beyond a single player as they are more about team structure than individual performances, though Torres isn't doing enough on the pitch (even not scoring he should be working harder and being more physical).

I said the same when Luiz was on the spotlight, and now ppl are picking on Mata. Not one player can solve our current problems. We need organization, management which should start with a concept. I don't even understand what they are trying to do there? Well I don't even know "who they are" since managers don't last long enough to really change the squad to their liking (going through enough transfer windows).

Playmaker is a playing style, not a brand of quality. A playmaker doesn't carries the ball, he gets the ball to oxygenate the play and find his team mates with a restricted amount of touches.

Silva and Cazorla are much more playmakers in the way they act in the hole, most notably to keep the ball under pressure. DYC is spot on about what Mata is, left forward, left midfield.

He's very clever as a person and as a player, he's maybe a bit too intelligent as a player in fact. Thinks too much

I disagree with your assessment of Mata. I think he does exactly what Silva and Cazorla do, except I think he's in much better form than both of those.

Oscar may become better than him in the future but that would require building the team around him as it is at national level and I don't think we're in a position to do that right now.

Thats 4 games you have pointed out. Have you seen how we played when he wasnt in our squad? He has 6 goals for us in the league already, yes he isnt perfect but he is a damn good player. I cant stand it when prats like you single out Mata when he wasnt even the worst player today. We won so many games because of his influence.

Yawn. He was one of the worst players out there and had little influence on the game. If he is as good as you say he should be more involved. I hate it when twats like yourself absolve players of blame. He is supposedly our best player so why didn't he show up?

Styles is right, Mata is not good to play against teams that pressure and close down the space.

Sorry, but the two players who put pressure on him and closed down space today were Lampard and Torres.

That engine room didn't work well today and people are blaming Mata??

Fucks sake....some people need to watch the game and see where the problems lied. He's a legend, but Lamps can't play that role.

Yawn. He was one of the worst players out there and had little influence on the game. If he is as good as you say he should be more involved. I hate it when twats like yourself absolve players of blame. He is supposedly our best player so why didn't he show up?

Lol you are seriously an idiot. Go back and watch the games where Mata didnt play and then talk to me. You cant seem to grasp the idea that not everyone can play at their best every game. You are a waste of a chelsea fan. Go support City.

It just seems, that this trophy meant something only for David Luiz and Oscar, maybe Cech, seeing their faces after the game, hearing them talk about this competition. In Europe it doesn't have such a big name and the players literally fucked it up, didn't care, didn't even fight.

I am really pissed off with our players and their discraceful attitude. I am fed up with all their big talk before every fucking game about how important it is and how much they want to win and when the time comes to deliver they play like fucking cunts. This kind of behaviour cannot be tolerated anymore, if they don't care about the club and the fans they can fuck off as far i am concerned.

Lol you are seriously an idiot. Go back and watch the games where Mata didnt play and then talk to me. You cant seem to grasp the idea that not everyone can play at their best every game. You are a waste of a chelsea fan. Go support City.

Ad-hominem attacks! Love it.