Fernando Torres

I'm not going to compare him to Lewa, Falcao, Cavani or even Lukaku (all of which getting better service than any of strikers, btw),

Well this is a false assumption. IF you look throughout Torres' Chelsea career he's had VERY good service. he used to miss ALOT.

Also, to get service you have to do alot of stuff right yourself. You can have three Iniestas behind you but if you dont make yourself available in the correct way, that wont help much for instance...

I think Jose has worked wonders for him, both mentality and bringing out the best in his game. Jose has always like direct players, and Torres fits the mould. The more quick, direct passes have also helped as it suits his style of play. He looks sharp and strong, and best of all, his body language has shown a remarked improvement. He still frustrates sometimes when he takes on too many players and loses the ball but he looks more like the Torres of Liverpool these days. He thinks he can beat anyone these days and often succeeds, unlike the last few seasons, when he ran at players unconvincingly only to lose out in terms of pace and strength.

Loved the reception he received when he was substituted. You could tell that they all loved his application and attitude. Fans in the stadium haven't lost hope, and neither should we :)

Loved the reception he received when he was substituted. You could tell that they all loved his application and attitude. Fans in the stadium haven't lost hope, and neither should we :)

His reception has never been a problem even when he was beyond shit, against Sunderland under AVB it looked like he scored from the bar from the Matthew Harding End, when Neil announced it was actually Lampard that scored half the people around me groaned like the goal was disallowed.

Can't believe people are still talking about the service™. I thought this cancer of an excuse had gone extinct a long time ago?

Well the service excuse was there for a reason...when a former sharp shooter like Ba ends up struggling to score despite being surrounded by a midfield technically better than Newcastle's, you have to wonder...Things are better this season,though.

It's true though. Torres/our strikers don't really get good service compared to the guys Barbara mentioned (I'm talking about this season not about Torres in his whole Chelsra career).

This.

It's true though. Torres/our strikers don't really get good service compared to the guys Barbara mentioned (I'm talking about this season not about Torres in his whole Chelsra career).

None of those that were mentioned rely on "service" as much as you and some others think that Torres should get. They know and understand that to get service, you must service yourself.

I think service is one of the dumbest terms people use in a football-matter. And for the record I really doubt Torres would've scored many more goals if he had the service those names have, because if you REALLY look at it, we currently have one of the absolute best attacking midfielders. Mata, Oscar and Hazard are all absolutley brilliant. Just think for a second what they would do in teams like Barca, RM or Bayern. Or just imagine what they would do with a 27yr old Drogba up front..

None of those that were mentioned rely on "service" as much as you and some others think that Torres should get. They know and understand that to get service, you must service yourself.

I think service is one of the dumbest terms people use in a football-matter. And for the record I really doubt Torres would've scored many more goals if he had the service those names have, because if you REALLY look at it, we currently have one of the absolute best attacking midfielders. Mata, Oscar and Hazard are all absolutley brilliant. Just think for a second what they would do in teams like Barca, RM or Bayern. Or just imagine what they would do with a 27yr old Drogba up front..

Read my post properly and you'll see that I think ALL of our strikers don't get enough service this season. It has nothing to do with just Torres.

Read my post properly and you'll see that I think ALL of our strikers don't get enough service this season. It has nothing to do with just Torres.

My reply is still the same. I disagree with you. Read my post again and replace Torres' name with whatever you want.

None of our strikers are as good as the ones Barbara mentioned.

Our strikers would not be starting matches in any other top club on the continent - they would be at the very best squad players.

They can be compared to players like Lambert; Soldado; Boni etc who are on a similar level but when compared with top players they pale in comparison. They lack the killer instinct; movement; capabilities that a top striker would have - even a young lad like Lukaku is miles better than them.