Fernando Torres

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-juan-mata-fernando-2041082

Chelsea's Juan Mata and Fernando Torres told to ignore transfer gossip in personal calls from Mourinho

Spanish pair's futures have been hot topics this summer but the Special One has assured them they will stay at Blues

Jose Mourinho has reassured Fernando Torres and Juan Mata over their Chelsea futures.

Such is the club's determination to keep him, Spanish playmaker Mata is now close to agreeing a three-year contract extension which would take him up to 2018.

Mourinho is understood to have called both players personally after their Confederations Cup involvement with Spain to tell them they are in his plans.

There were doubts whether Mourinho wanted to keep any of Torres, Mata and also David Luiz, who is a target for Spanish giants Barcelona, as he tweaked the squad he inherited from Rafa Benitez.

But while Barca continue to try to court Brazilian defender Luiz, the Special One wants to keep the Spanish duo on-side ahead of the new campaign.

Torres has enjoyed mixed fortunes at Stamford Bridge since his £50million move from Liverpool two and a half years ago, and was linked with moves to Italy and home to La Liga earlier this summer.

But while fellow hitman Demba Ba DOES look to be on his way out of the Bridge, Torres will be given a chance by Mourinho - even if he is fully aware that Chelsea remain in the hunt for a big-name strike signing.

:ph34r:

I actually think mourinho wants to work with Torres this year, probably sees it as a nice challenge for his ego to succeed where everyone notably the FSW has failed by making him prolific again.

.........Waits for first forum flaming

I actually think mourinho wants to work with Torres this year, probably sees it as a nice challenge for his ego to succeed where everyone notably the FSW has failed by making him prolific again.

.........Waits for first forum flaming

Lol...I wouldn't rule that out myself.

Torres, and that besides him being shit as a player and weak as a character is the biggest problem, gives a shit about the club. He has won everything, he has no motivation to play on, his body is finished. he started playing so early, it's just like Michael Owen, his career has survived itself with his constant loss of form, pace and skills.

Brilliant example. Burnout. Another player who lost his pace and everything else went. Time for Nando to go and Lukaku to shine.

try to loan him out, or sell him

try to give him the message play like you should

or go weaken an other team.

if he gets the message, we will see the torres we like

Unless you're willing to pay his wages yourself, I can't see how that is possible :P