Fernando Torres

Mourinho believes he could get more from Torres and said he would help him and he even defended Torres's inconvincible performance.

Indeed

Jose Mourinho believes Fernando Torres can again become the player who persuaded Chelsea to part with £50m, but the striker's effectiveness is dependent on the opposition's approach

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=2138359.html?cid=twitter_fifacom

Mourinho believes he could get more from Torres and said he would help him and he even defended Torres's inconvincible performance.

Nope. If you read the comments and not the spin by the writer then Jose is very damning with his appraisal of Torres. He confirms everything that we have known, and that previous Chelsea managers were afraid to say, and all but confirms his playing time will be reduced significantly.

Read just the quotes and nothing else and you'll understand perfectly what Mourinho is saying about Torres. He will be gone within a year.

So in a gist, Mou def thinks the strikers aren't good enough. None of them he says can play in close quarters, turn and make a play, hence why he wants Rooney.

Regarding Torres, he says he'll play him depending on the opposition as he likes to run in behind in space so presumably, against opponents that stay deep we'd likely never see Torres start.

Imo, if Torres is being saved for opposition that don't play deep then he's screwed because Lukaku also prefers the same tactical approach and he's def better than Torres.

So in a gist, Mou def thinks the strikers aren't good enough. None of them he says can play in close quarters, turn and make a play, hence why he wants Rooney.

Regarding Torres, he says he'll play him depending on the opposition as he likes to run in behind in space so presumably, against opponents that stay deep we'd likely never see Torres start.

Imo, if Torres is being saved for opposition that don't play deep then he's screwed because Lukaku also prefers the same tactical approach and he's def better than Torres.

He's really screwed because how often do we play teams that don't play deep? There are very few teams that will open up against us and play.

Please be true

I know I will get lynched, killed and my Internet burned down... :)

I agree with you 100% - but some part of me just wants to see what Mourinho can do with him...

Ramires has looked a different player in the 3 games I have seen so far - he's gone from Frustrating to Fucking Amazing. It's not the same guy and yes whilst there's been more false dawns for Torres than anything - I just have a sneaking suspicion he will do well under Mourinho... Mourinho forces players to be better and I think Torres needs that, they've tried the carrot - now try the stick! ;)

However if someone bids 30million - I will drive him to Russia personally ;)