Fernando Torres

£25m!?

Taxi for Torres!

How did you arrive at 25m? His wages alone is 10m/year and assuming he'd want them to match his wages for at least the length of his current contract which is 3 years, that makes 30m in wages in alone for the next 3 years.

Yeah, he's not going anywhere.

How did you arrive at 25m? His wages alone is 10m/year and assuming he'd want them to match his wages for at least the length of his current contract which is 3 years, that makes 30m in wages in alone for the next 3 years.

Yeah, he's not going anywhere.

Yeah, no way it's happening. Whatever team would want him would want the fee much lower than 25m since his wages are so high.

Think we're stuck with I'm for good until his contract is up, unfortunately.

Definitely will not happen. Their finances are already in a perilous position and they would only be able to afford Torres if he took a half wage cut which is not going to happen. They can get better strikers who are worth less in fee and wages.

He'd have to take a massive wage cut - I don't know, maybe he'd do that. He doesn't strike me as the mercenary sort of type.

If we do manage to get Rooney and offload Torres though, you'd have to commend the board for a brilliant job. We'll see though.

Even if he's not, he'd be stupid to take a wage cut. After all this is how he makes a living.

He took a paycut to leave his boyhood club and turned down an offer for Man.City that was even higher than what were paying him now.

For all his other faults he loves his football, if he had the choice of money or a place in next summer's world cup, im pretty confident he will choose the latter, he was considering his future last summer before the club made him assurances he would be #1 forward.

He took a paycut to leave his boyhood club and turned down an offer for Man.City that was even higher than what were paying him now.

For all his other faults he loves his football, if he had the choice of money or a place in next summer's world cup, im pretty confident he will choose the latter, he was considering his future last summer before the club made him assurances he would be #1 forward.

He took a pay cut to join Liverpool to prove himself as a player. He knew that that move could make him one of the highest rated strikers in the world and it did. In fact, even though he took a pay cut, he still ended up making more money at Liverpool from ads. Hid move to Liverpool made him one of the most marketable players on the planet.

What doe he have to gain by taking a pay cut and moving away from Chelsea? The only thing that is keeping him in the Spain NT is that he plays for a club like Chelsea; and that got him chosen over people like Negredo and Soldado who where performing much better than him but at smaller teams. Moving to a smaller club would practically be admitting that he's no longer good enough to be at a club like Chelsea. He'd basically be pulling the plug on his career at the age of 29.

No matter how much he loves football, he's not going to just throw away 10-20m. This is his work and he has a family to support. Would you do it if you were in his shoes?

No matter how much he loves football, he's not going to just throw away 10-20m. This is his work and he has a family to support. Would you do it if you were in his shoes?

Heh Choulo, he earns in 1 week which most 'normal' people earn in 3-4 years!!! They also have children to support and work longer hours ;)

I don't think Torres is on, or near, the breadline - nor will he be anytime soon ;)

Money <> happiness - so yeah if he was suffering I think he would move, but he's not, so he won't... :)

Maybe come Jan, he'll re-evaluate..

He took a pay cut to join Liverpool to prove himself as a player. He knew that that move could make him one of the highest rated strikers in the world and it did. In fact, even though he took a pay cut, he still ended up making more money at Liverpool from ads. Hid move to Liverpool made him one of the most marketable players on the planet.

What doe he have to gain by taking a pay cut and moving away from Chelsea? The only thing that is keeping him in the Spain NT is that he plays for a club like Chelsea; and that got him chosen over people like Negredo and Soldado who where performing much better than him but at smaller teams. Moving to a smaller club would practically be admitting that he's no longer good enough to be at a club like Chelsea. He'd basically be pulling the plug on his career at the age of 29.

If Mourinho signs Rooney and plays him, Lukaku and even Ba more often than Nando, not even playing for Chelsea will get him picked for Spain, and now with Negrado and Soldado playing for top teams in the PL (Soldado to Spurs is as good as done from what i keep hearing) and likely to be regular starters, any lack of game time will be curtains to his chances of playing in Brazil next summer.

He already has enough money to set himself up for life, would i do the same in his shoes? well, if i cared about my career probably but if i wasn't that bothered ill take the money, like i said Torres was considering his future last summer before we gave him assurances of playing time, so i guess he will be open to it, if Jose tells him his game time will be limited.

There's still a chance of him leaving, because like i said he was thinking about it last summer

I'd take the paycut and move back to Spain if I was in his shoes.

He's 29 and he's on the decline...moving back to Spain where he could finish his career without so much pressure isn't a bad decision.

If he does stay at Chelsea, I hope he doesn't affect Lukaku's development into a beast forward..

Heh Choulo, he earns in 1 week which most 'normal' people earn in 3-4 years!!! They also have children to support and work longer hours ;)

I don't think Torres is on, or near, the breadline - nor will he be anytime soon ;)

Money <> happiness - so yeah if he was suffering I think he would move, but he's not, so he won't... :)

Maybe come Jan, he'll re-evaluate..

Well that's easy to say from your perspective, but from his perspective what he makes is probably just enough. It's funny thing about us humans that nothing is ever really enough for us. Ever notice how when you get a pay raise in work, your expenses also automatically increase without you planning? That's why you don't see Billionaires throwing millions out of a window even though if they do they'd still have more money than 99% of people on earth.

If Mourinho signs Rooney and plays him, Lukaku and even Ba more often than Nando, not even playing for Chelsea will get him picked for Spain, and now with Negrado and Soldado playing for top teams in the PL (Soldado to Spurs is as good as done from what i keep hearing) and likely to be regular starters, any lack of game time will be curtains to his chances of playing in Brazil next summer.

He already has enough money to set himself up for life, would i do the same in his shoes? well, if i cared about my career probably but if i wasn't that bothered ill take the money, like i said Torres was considering his future last summer before we gave him assurances of playing time, so i guess he will be open to it, if Jose tells him his game time will be limited.

There's still a chance of him leaving, because like i said he was thinking about it last summer

If he can't make the Spanish team here or at Valencia then why would he move if he's earning more money here? You never see people who are set for life with money ever miss a chance to make more money. In fact, in my experience, poor/lower middle class people are much much more likely to put happiness, principals, moral stuff..etc ahead of monetary gain. But that's a debate for another time.

I can see Torres taking a pay cut to move to Barcelona for example, but Valencia? I find that incredibly unlikely in the current situation.

http://www.givemesport.com/346521-why-fernando-torres-is-worth-more-than-50m

Worth a read ^^^

I'm interested to see what Mou can do with Nando!

I shat my pants laughing with parts of that article. Seems a hagiography article!

'Torres goalscoring dried up with the arrival a Ba. Before that he could play pressure free"

What??? He was utter shit. Only scoring 7 meaningless goals against weaker opposition. What did the writer eat? Pure LSD?

I shat my pants laughing with parts of that article. Seems a hagiography article! 'Torres goalscoring dried up with the arrival a Ba. Before that he could play pressure free"What??? He was utter shit. Only scoring 7 meaningless goals against weaker opposition. What did the writer eat? Pure LSD?

Hahah yea true say but he has a point when it comes to how much Torres has paid back in terms of shirt sales ect.

He also did score some important goals for us. He technically got us the third spot with the goal against Everton, and then without that goal in the Europa League final we probably would not have won the trophy.