Fernando Torres

Rafa spoke about the work Torres has been doing in the gym and that he has his own training program ect and you can see it has improved his game all that is missing now is the old Torres swagger and confidence and who better to help him get that back than Mourinho?

Rafa spoke about the work Torres has been doing in the gym and that he has his own training program ect and you can see it has improved his game all that is missing now is the old Torres swagger and confidence and who better to help him get that back than Mourinho?

A lost cause, is a lost cause.

Mourinho ain't no Santa Clause.

If he could not help Kaka, why do you think he could do anything for another lost cause like Torres?

We never learn? a semi decent month after months of shiteness and were debating whether to keep him :doh:

He has helped win the EL and scored the goal that clinched 3rd, that is as good as it will get for him at Chelsea so it makes sense to leave on a high and his value is probably the highest right now than it will ever be again. We must take advantage of that.

He is not back, he will never be back to his old self i can't even believe this up for debate, near enough every Chelsea fan accepts that Essien is finished but there is still some that harbour this false hope for Torres.

If Mourinho even attempts to bring back the Torres of old it could bite him in the arse.

Well we can debate it all we want, but he's not leaving. He's still got a deal for 3 years worth about 30m, there's no way he's taking a pay cut to move. And of course, no one will be willing to pay his current wages.

Might as well start getting used to the idea of him staying..

If hes staying here this summer he needs to do a hell of a lot of work physically, like speed training to try and regain more pace. I mean sure hes no slouch right now but I remember when he was lightening fast for Liverpool and Spain.

Sure the weight training hes been doing has helped a lot, example the goal against Benfica for instance but hes lost a lot of speed. If he does what Tevez done last summer which was lost 7 or 8 kilos of weight (his agent said something about this after the first few games in the PL when he had scored a few goals IIRC) and is a bit faster over the ground then you never know. I'm not saying he'll return to the striker he was previously but I doubt were getting rid of him so if he can improve himself then maybe he'll be a bit better.

If he vows to return to the player he was then he'll need to do some speed training because hes half as fast as he was before.

Well we can debate it all we want, but he's not leaving. He's still got a deal for 3 years worth about 30m, there's no way he's taking a pay cut to move. And of course, no one will be willing to pay his current wages.

Might as well start getting used to the idea of him staying..

The thing with Torres is he took a pay cut to move to Liverpool and i think someone on here said he turned down becoming the highest paid player in Enlgland from City.

There is many things Torres is, but a mercanary isn't one of them, if we threaten him with the Malouda treatment, then he is more likely to go than Malouda or Bogarde was, for example.

If he could not help Kaka, why do you think he could do anything for another lost cause like Torres?

Mate, Kaka is like a lot of famous Brazillians, towards the end of their careers they seem to get really bad injuries, gain some weight and decline (Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Robinho, Adriano and even Pato) but I've read that's its due to their life style sometimes like what has been said about Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Robinho and Adriano.

The thing with Torres is he took a pay cut to move to Liverpool and i think someone on here said he turned down becoming the highest paid player in Enlgland from City.

There is many things Torres is, but a mercanary isn't one of them, if we threaten him with the Malouda treatment, then he is more likely to go than Malouda or Bogarde was, for example.

Still, he has an agent and his agent knows that he's playing for the best club he could be playing for now and making the most he possibly could with his ability. He'd also know that we can't afford to give Torres the 'Malouda' treatment, both financially and in terms of PR.

And frankly, I don't think the board wants to move him on that badly, he's still has HUGE marketability value and makes the club a lot of money.

Mate, Kaka is like a lot of famous Brazillians, towards the end of their careers they seem to get really bad injuries, gain some weight and decline (Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Robinho, Adriano and even Pato) but I've read that's its due to their life style sometimes like what has been said about Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Robinho and Adriano.

Kaka is a nice bloke like Torres.

But he was finish when he came to Madrid and so was Torres.

And Pato is also a nice guy, but injury fucked him up.

Interestingly the same thing happen to Torres, after his injury he is finish.

So sorry, I don't see anything that Mourinho can do here. If anything it will make his life even harder trying to play him as many past managers have.

I'm not that worried about him staying if mourinho comes. Because Mourinho simply won't play him if he doesn't deserve to play. No more of the FT auora that he somehow is no.1 after this long. He played well today. But one week is a drop in the ocean. When he is doing it semi-consistently then its debateable. Basically he should be given the choice of moving, or facing the possibility of getting a lot of bench time.

Simply put, I can't think of one thing that Torres is better at than Lukaku right now.

Pace? No

Strength? No

Finishing? No

Making runs? No

Decision Making? No

Heading? No

Hold up play? No

Link up play? No

First Touch? No And that was one of the biggest issues people had with Lukaku last year.

And if we buy another striker, and lukaku stays he won't get a look in. And if Lukaku does go back on loan, then whoever we bring in would be ahead of him in the pecking order, as well as demba probably.

you cant compare Torres and Kaka! different situations!

I do think Torres has done great when coming on as a sub.

He could become a great sub.

But does Chelsea pay that much money on wages to have a super sub?

Not intentionally. But we have to pay the wages no matter what, so may as well do what is beneficial for CFC.