Fernando Torres

Can't see him leaving this year either, which further proves why Lukaku shouldn't come back just yet despite him being miles ahead of Fernando right now. Still, we can always hope some team out there is stupid enough to be fooled by the glorious 23 goals he's scored this season so we could finally get rid of him. Atletico Madrid, Monaco and maybe some of the Italian teams are probably the only ones who could possibly be desperate enough to take a punt on Torres.

I think his recent run of good form certainly puts him in the shop window and there will definitely be teams who take a look at him - one of them will be Atletico.

I also think some of the arguments being put up against his move don't quite chime with 'reality'. He's a professional footballer and a decent bloke by all accounts so I could imagine him taking a slight pay cut if the circumstances were right. As for his agent, he'd probably have him moving every other season because that's when he'd get paid the big bucks.

There are teams with money who want to win the Europa League and he's had a very good season at that level, and there are leagues in the world where he would put away 25 goals a season. If he does stay then there have been a few things in recent weeks to suggest he could be a useful player but we've all seen this before.

Ultimately he's enhanced his reputation in the last 6 weeks not just with prospective buyers but also with the fans a little bit.

Even though, Fernando scored a couple of important goals, I doubt he is back as some people might think.

Fernando was & most likely will be a burden for Chelsea for 3 more years.

Would I like to see him move on ? Yes, I would. Even though, nobody´s going to pay more than 20-25m I still believe Roman should swallow his pride & let him go.

I assume, it will all depend on whom Chelsea ´s buying next.

We should keep him just because he's Mata's best friend and Mata will be sad if he goes lol. Seriously though, there's a lot of Spanish comradery in the camp, dunno if anyone saw the Juan Mata special report so it's probably best he just stays for the sake of the harmony in the squad. Also i hope he stays because it would be so interesting to see Jose as his boss. That will be interesting.

I cant see Torres being sold (unless we use him to get Falcao) The board wont look at his goals/games ratio or what opposition teams he has scored against, they will see him as Chelsea's top scorer with 23 goals & 2 cup final goals, I would imagine they will rate Torres above Ba as well. some people say he has had a bad season yet he is our top scorer! how many will he score next season if he has a good one? and if he continues his trend of improving every season for us?

So the writing is on the wall by the looks of it.

Official Chelsea website and twitter have been posting all of these blogs and quotes about how he's looking forward to next season here and beyond, and how he can't wait to continue working with the rest of the squad, and how much he loves the fans.

We see him in every photo shoot for the new kit and training gear.

Our board aren't even contemplating selling him are they? Looks much more likely than not that he'll continue holding us back next season.

If I were Jose, the first thing I'd say to the board is that the first order of business is to move Torres on. Can't see how he'd want him.

Why would they? His shirts sell phenomenally well. Even if he has been a bad signing on the pitch, off the pitch he has been a revelation. Managed to encourage Mata to sign, and has made millions selling shirts with TORRES 9 on the back. The club wouldn't give that up any time soon.

Why would they? His shirts sell phenomenally well. Even if he has been a bad signing on the pitch, off the pitch he has been a revelation. Managed to encourage Mata to sign, and has made millions selling shirts with TORRES 9 on the back. The club wouldn't give that up any time soon.

Even if it kills us, apparently.

Haha, fair point.

But I don't personally think Torres has had a terrible season. To the contrary, I think he's had a good season. We have to realise he is not the 40 goals a season man we thought we'd signed, but a half-decent second option. He's scored 23 goals this season, which is actually the second-best tally of his career - and you don't score goals by playing badly.