Fernando Torres

he makes a habit out of scoring against pub teams like nordjaeland , leeds , brentford , monterey ect. we need a striker who can perform in the big games (possibly ba) , the obvious choice for this would be falcao - he has scored 3 goals in 2 europa league finals and has scored vs barca and madrid,

Hazard on Torres:

"[Torres] must be one of the most criticised football players in the world, yet he keeps the good work going," Hazard told The Sun. "I'm impressed.

"People expect 10 goals from him every game. We are lucky to have two top-class forwards with him and Demba Ba. We must make the most of them."

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face".

Imagine, just for a moment, that all his past fuck-ups are "only" psychological after all... That, in his next team, he would be faster, and sharper, and clinical in his finishing once again. Wouldn't that be something?

When you see him play the last 2 games, I think it's better than his previous spells of slightly better football. He actually seems more determined, more keen to get in dangerous areas, to take players on,... Don't know if he'll ever get back to the player he was, I strongly doubt it considering the physical knee problem, but still, I find the idea that it was all "in his head" rather stunning. And the fact that he can play fast and sharp for even one match indicates that the problem is not merely a physical one (if your knee is bust, it's always bust, and not suddenly better for only one match ).

He's probably just playing for the contract and ensure that he doesn't get thrown out in the summer..

I just realised, he's like a stripper.

I'm serious. Because just like a stripper, he recent performances are just a tease, nothing more. As if he's saying to Roman: "Hey big boy, this could all be yours. ;) ", while giving him a glimpse of his thigh.

But in reality we know he's finished, so neither we or Roman will get the full show or a happy ending...

@The Mak, Isn't it £200,000 per week?

Whatever it is, he isn't even worth 20k a week!

I think people over exaggerate his pace loss - he's still pretty fast, always has been. 90% of his problems are mentally related.

fair enough, though I tend to think mental traits are exaggerated instead. Especially concerning confidence, it is more of a consequence than a cause.

Not long ago, Torres would go down on minimal contact, but recently he has been making runs with pace and power. His confidence will go up as he successfully makes these runs and is able to beat opponents regularly.

I do agree, however, that a player who is mentally stronger would be able to cope with these a dip in form far more gracefully than Torres did.

Though I still remember what Liverpool (and Benitez) did to him: overplaying him and making him play through a number of injuries.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face".

Imagine, just for a moment, that all his past fuck-ups are "only" psychological after all... That, in his next team, he would be faster, and sharper, and clinical in his finishing once again. Wouldn't that be something?

Nooooooooooooo! This is exactly what he wants you to think! He got us to think this last season as well: "Things will be better for Fernando when he's the main man" etc.

See my stripper metaphor above. :P

Harry Redknapp: "That goal which Torres scored vs Barca and that corner which he won for Drogba's goal at the Allianz are worth £50m."

I think he is right . And If Torres scores more important goals for Chelsea to win FA CUP , Europa League and to finish in 3rd place and he will wants to fight for the striker position with Ba and Falcao , let him stay.. :ph34r:

I will not even begin to entertain the idea that Torres is good enough for us now because he has somehow sneeked 18 goals against shit sides. He is still a sorry excuse for a world class footballer.

He's probably just playing for the contract and ensure that he doesn't get thrown out in the summer..

You know what ? I fear he'll do a "malouda". Id est, playing decently, nay good, toward the end of the season, in order to tell the board "hey, I'm here, and I can be good for next year". Moreover, the ladyboy told that he wanted to stay here next season, to repay us fans, to shut critics and yada yada. That's exactly the same thing as Malouda was doing : playing "well" and put "pressure" on the board by giving interviews. These two facts concur together : that's manipulation — just like he did after the night in Munich, by crying like a baby that he wasn't happy and shit, in order to be given the keys of our attack. That will just work, unfortunatly...