Fernando Torres

Lukaku, Benteke, and Fellaini all have more PL goals than Torres. Lukaku barely plays at WBA (Plays maybe a full 90 once out of 5 games), Benteke has a very poor team around him and is in his first PL season, and Fellaini is an attacking mid. Now Torres plays at Chelsa and has Mata, Oscar and Hazard and he's managed 7 PL goals this year. He's at an Andy Carroll level of inept

Lukaku, Benteke, and Fellaini all have more PL goals than Torres. Lukaku barely plays at WBA (Plays maybe a full 90 once out of 5 games), Benteke has a very poor team around him and is in his first PL season, and Fellaini is an attacking mid. Now Torres plays at Chelsa and has Mata, Oscar and Hazard and he's managed 7 PL goals this year. He's at an Andy Carroll level of inept

'Cept Caroll is better than Torres lol.

Even Sturridge is one away from Torres. Just to take that into account, Sturridge made just one start for Chelsea in the league this season, and only about 30 minutes of that appearance was as a CF, and has only been playing for Liverpool for, less than 2 months. I would heavily bet within 2 weeks he will at least be on level with Torres.

Ok - but Torres is hopeless compared to Hernandez at Utd...

I've seen around 15-20 World Class passes to Torres and he's either lost the ball (poor touch) or been nowhere near the goal.

His positioning is awful, his anticipation is non existent and apart from a great pass to Ramires I've been hoping he gets injured (wrong I know) for a long time. The guy is a soulless, self interested loser. He always looks sulky!!!

Obviously we have no plan B, we don't even have a Plan A? That's also been mentioned by me hundreds of times and was my main criticism of RdM!

I've also highlighted that a 'simple' opposition 'press' shuts us down completely! This is why we need Marin and Moses for some games, keep them out wide and stretch teams to create space and nullify the ability to 'Press'. If we keep trying to play through the middle then it's easy for teams to make us look shit.

Also our TEMPO has been rubbish, way too slow and boring...

So, MANY problems - but nothing Mourinho couldn't sort in a few weeks ;)

And what is a world class pass according to you mate :) ? For me it's when you pass a throughball to your striker so that he is clear and could take a shot . Not when you pass a ball of a bullet speed to your striker outside the box hoping he'd control it and pass it back to you so that you could score :) . I hate to differ here , but I've not see more than 5 or 6 passes that were made to Torres and he was pretty clear to take the shot (: , and about his positioning and lack of interest . Let's go a bit back to his Liverpool era , he was renowned for his positioning and pace . Well if I even accept he has lost a yard of pace , what about positioning ? Is there a mental problem with him ? Uhm maybe . But everyone knows here , he was making runs till last year , even he was in the start of this season . But he stopped suddenly . Looks static in almost every match now ? Why ? Because he had fucking enough with our midfield . And I know that's wrong because he's paid to play , not to show his frustration but well he's a world class and every world class player has egos :) alright , even when he scored a brace against Ireland in the Euro , it was due to his pace and positioning . We'll see a complete different nadno if he'll join Fio or Psg cause he still got the class . He captained atleli when he was 16 or 19 I don't exactly remember but that's awesome for a striker (:

@Alex Completly agree , I've been saying this for a while Mata is having an exceptional season so far but he could improve if he understand he's primary job is to create :)

And what is a world class pass according to you mate :) ? For me it's when you pass a throughball to your striker so that he is clear and could take a shot . Not when you pass a ball of a bullet speed to your striker outside the box hoping he'd control it and pass it back to you so that you could score :) . I hate to differ here , but I've not see more than 5 or 6 passes that were made to Torres and he was pretty clear to take the shot (: , and about his positioning and lack of interest . Let's go a bit back to his Liverpool era , he was renowned for his positioning and pace . Well if I even accept he has lost a yard of pace , what about positioning ? Is there a mental problem with him ? Uhm maybe . But everyone knows here , he was making runs till last year , even he was in the start of this season . But he stopped suddenly . Looks static in almost every match now ? Why ? Because he had fucking enough with our midfield . And I know that's wrong because he's paid to play , not to show his frustration but well he's a world class and every world class player has egos :) alright , even when he scored a brace against Ireland in the Euro , it was due to his pace and positioning . We'll see a complete different nadno if he'll join Fio or Psg cause he still got the class . He captained atleli when he was 16 or 19 I don't exactly remember but that's awesome for a striker (:

@Alex Completly agree , I've been saying this for a while Mata is having an exceptional season so far but he could improve if he understand he's primary job is to create :)

He was never renowned for his positioning. Here's the problem with you - you're not a Chelsea fan, you're a Torres fan. When you see him fucking up you look for excuses and blame the rest of the team.

How many times has the ball gone across the six yard box and Torres not been in the correct position, splitting the centre-backs and tapping in? How many times has he been outrun to balls by players like Ryan fucking Nelson??

And criticising Mata's creativity? He's got the most assists in the league and creates more chances than almost anyone else in the league. Then you've got Hazard who is joint third in the assists table, and even Azpi has chipped in with 4 in the league. Yes we have problems in our midfield but your boy Torres compounds them by not offering a goal threat at the other end. He doesn't stretch teams and he's so one-dimensional that they really don't have to worry about him.

Torres is simply done in the Premier League. He's lost that explosive pace and he's been found out by defences. Even when he can get away from defences like he did against Vermaelen, he fucks up. It's sad to watch and a lot of supporters pity him, but when people like you talk complete shit to defend him it just creates anger towards him.

We just want him out of the club now, as soon as possible.

He was never renowned for his positioning. Here's the problem with you - you're not a Chelsea fan, you're a Torres fan. When you see him fucking up you look for excuses and blame the rest of the team.

And criticising Mata's creativity? He's got the most assists in the league and creates more chances than almost anyone else in the league. Then you've got Hazard who is joint third in the assists table, and even Azpi has chipped in with 4 in the league. Yes we have problems in our midfield but your boy Torres compounds them by not offering a goal threat at the other end. He doesn't stretch teams and he's so one-dimensional that they really don't have to worry about him.

We just want him out of the club now, as soon as possible.

ALRIGHT , I'm a Torres fan . Now what ? And how many times the balls were actually put in the 6 yard box for Torres ? Because what I remember is we've never played a game where we were actually bombarded the 6 yard box like Alqaeda haha . It's easy for you to criticise him cause he's a soft target but you know what you guys are in the state of denial .

If you had been watching the games , you can see how selfish our midfield has been . Torres has freaking 15 goals this season alright . Would you believe he's having a good season so far ? No . Statistics are not always true mate , don't give me that :)

Go tell that Roman , oh he already knows that and he doesn't gives a fuck :) Congratulations :)

ALRIGHT , I'm a Torres fan . Now what ? And how many times the balls were actually put in the 6 yard box for Torres ? Because what I remember is we've never played a game where we were actually bombarded the 6 yard box like Alqaeda haha . It's easy for you to criticise him cause he's a soft target but you know what you guys are in the state of denial .

If you had been watching the games , you can see how selfish our midfield has been . Torres has freaking 15 goals this season alright . Would you believe he's having a good season so far ? No . Statistics are not always true mate , don't give me that :)

Go tell that Roman , oh he already knows that and he doesn't gives a fuck :) Congratulations :)

Please don't be so defensive.You can't expect our midfielders to give easy tap ins to Torres because that won't happen.Yes Torres has scored 15 goals so far this season but with the chances hes had,he could have scored way more and as a result helped us to win the matches we lost or drew.

So we have to bombard the goal for him to score? He can't simply make a run into the six yard box and meet the ball put across? I've lost count of the number of times Azpi or Hazard has whipped one across goal and Torres has been on the penalty spot - but do tell me more about his fantastic positioning.

I'll give Torres credit for when he's done well. Against Sunderland and Nordsjaellend he actually made runs into the six yard box and guess what? He scored. But that's a freak occurrence and just shows what we could do if we had a striker who played like a striker and made the right runs. Ba did it on his debut but he's not got a consistent run since.

Our midfield is not selfish by any means - in fact I wish Hazard would take the ball on more himself - but it's hard to pass the ball for Torres when he doesn't run the channels properly. He struggles to lose markers too which is pathetic in all honesty.

The mark of a truly great player is that he makes the players around him better. Torres actually makes the team worse because he fails to do the most basic things you'd expect of a striker. Take off the blinkers and watch the game with both eyes open and both hands where they can be seen.

The simple fact of it all is Torres is wahed up now, has been for some time yet some people will still have you believe that he offers something, when in fact, he offers very little.

There isn't anything else to add.

So we have to bombard the goal for him to score? He can't simply make a run into the six yard box and meet the ball put across? I've lost count of the number of times Azpi or Hazard has whipped one across goal and Torres has been on the penalty spot - but do tell me more about his fantastic positioning.

I'll give Torres credit for when he's done well. Against Sunderland and Nordsjaellend he actually made runs into the six yard box and guess what? He scored. But that's a freak occurrence and just shows what we could do if we had a striker who played like a striker and made the right runs. Ba did it on his debut but he's not got a consistent run since.

Our midfield is not selfish by any means - in fact I wish Hazard would take the ball on more himself - but it's hard to pass the ball for Torres when he doesn't run the channels properly. He struggles to lose markers too which is pathetic in all honesty.

The mark of a truly great player is that he makes the players around him better. Torres actually makes the team worse because he fails to do the most basic things you'd expect of a striker. Take off the blinkers and watch the game with both eyes open and both hands where they can be seen.

I mean how many times do we have actually put a ball in the 6 yard box for him to score ? A couple of times in every match :) and i compelty agree with you , Hazard has been a bit less selfish than the others :) .

Torres makes the team worse ? oh well . When we lost 3-0 to Juve , Torres was on the bench :clap:

Please don't be so defensive.You can't expect our midfielders to give easy tap ins to Torres because that won't happen.Yes Torres has scored 15 goals so far this season but with the chances hes had,he could have scored way more and as a result helped us to win the matches we lost or drew.

Same goes for Mata , Hazard and Oscar . The three Amigos :)

Backstreet09 does raise a few valid points.

But to sum it up, Torres simply doesn't suit Chelsea's style of play. In Liverpool, he used to be at the end of all the moves made by their midfield whereas at Chelsea he has to serve as an extra man in the build-up play.

The same is happening with Ba as well, but Ba can hold up play better and knock down the aerial balls like Drogba.