Fernando Torres

Benayoun on Torres...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1342119/yossi-benayoun:-chelsea-played-role-in-fernando-torres%27-demise?cc=4716

"It is a hard time for Fernando, but in my opinion the situation with him was managed badly from the beginning," Benayoun is quoted as saying. "You do not change so quickly from being one of the best in the world to a player that some people say is not good enough for Chelsea.

"When he was at Liverpool he was unbelievable. You gave him the ball and you knew he would score, but he had a bad time in the beginning at Chelsea. When he came in, he was on the bench, then on the pitch, so he did not get the confidence when he came in.

"With the £50 million price-tag above his head, it is not easy for any player, especially when Didier Drogba was here as well and was his competition."

Benayoun went on to suggest Torres is still "one of the best strikers in the world", and claims this is the first season he has been given the full
backing of Chelsea to prove his worth as their record signing.

"This is the first year the club gave Fernando 100% confidence he needs to be number one," he added. "He was scoring a few in a row. Now he is in another bad spell, but he just needs to believe in himself, to keep doing the right movements.

"He has 15 or 16 goals already and that is not bad. Gopefully he will finish with 25. It would be good to get his confidence back and be his old self, the real Fernando Torres. Personally I believe in him 100 per cent. For me, he is still one of the best strikers in the world."

Now another one blaming everyone else for Torres's demise...

Benayoun on Torres...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1342119/yossi-benayoun:-chelsea-played-role-in-fernando-torres%27-demise?cc=4716

Now another one blaming everyone else for Torres's demise...

To be fair, what's he or anyone else going to say? "Torres is shit"? This is what you'll hear from every Chelsea source...empty platitudes about how things have been rough for the poor bastard and he's not doing badly and he's turning things around, etc...I'm just so sick of Torres and the circus that surrounds him.

To be fair, Benayoun's probably right. The whole situation was handled badly, by both us and Liverpool. But he shouldn't be saying things like this to the tabloids, although I doubt he cares because come Summer they're both off anyway.

Counting down the days...

To be fair, what's he or anyone else going to say? "Torres is shit"? This is what you'll hear from every Chelsea source...empty platitudes about how things have been rough for the poor bastard and he's not doing badly and he's turning things around, etc...I'm just so sick of Torres and the circus that surrounds him.

Everything Yossi said was okay except this: "in my opinion the situation with him was managed badly from the beginning", and "he did not get the confidence when he came in".

This is so stupid to say those things because its not true, but especially when you're playing for Chelsea (maybe Yossi forgot it... or he doesnt care because he'll leave in a few months). I mean i know Yossi is a very good friend for Torres, but he shouldnt have said it. Thats too much "kiss assing".

To be fair, Benayoun's probably right. The whole situation was handled badly, by both us and Liverpool. But he shouldn't be saying things like this to the tabloids, although I doubt he cares because come Summer they're both off anyway.

Counting down the days...

Realy? did Torres not got enough chances in his first season? i think he did, too much if you consider we also had Drogba.

I wasn't just talking about his game time. His injuries/treatment were all handled badly, especially around the time of the World Cup.

There's some sort of sick irony to this. Benitez helped ruin Torres by overplaying him even when he was hurt (Liverpool never bought a decent second striker which is their fault and Torres rushed back from surgery for the World Cup which was his fault) and now he's counting on the player he helped ruin rescue his own career. It's almost like a Greek tragedy.

Starring:

Fernando Torres as the former hero, blind to his own flaws and still thinks he is the warrior of days long since passed.

Rafa Benitez as the mad king

Chelsea Football Club as the beautiful maiden raped by the hero and murdered by the king

Roman Abromavich as Zeus who plays with the mortals as is his will

He has been laughably bad since the minute he arrived, there's nothing new here.

I think it was actually about 10 minutes in his first game for us when he missed the sitter against scumpool ,,,of course he could have passed to drog for a tap in ,,,,start of the rot

Shit just got real, you know the situation is bad when even Backstreet09 is complaining. :fainthv9:

(or he was being sarcastic, hard to say what goes on in that mind of his)

I'm not complaining , it's just I've been saying this from the beginning we don't suit him and it's time now to accept it . People who were saying his game was merely based on his pace has clearly not seen the tons of goals he scored in his atleti and liverpool caree , which were almost impossible to score . I firmly believes and I can bet , if he goes to Fio or back to Atleti , he'll be back to his best , because sometimes it's better to fall apart and start over for things to change .