Fernando Torres

Was he really that bad yesterday? I would love to see one of those "every touch" videos of his performance, sadly I think no one makes them of him anymore.

Let's just say he passed back to the Sparta defense almost every time he got the ball, a couple of his shots went out for throw ins, and he even tackled Marin when he found himself in a bit of space. Unfortunately, he couldn't do anything to prevent Oscar's goal.

Yep there were two moments that just summed up his whole Chelsea career.

He shot, and the ball went out for a throw in. I don't even understand how you could manage that, but Torres can.

Marin cuts inside, Torres gets in the way. Stopping attacks as usual. Though realistically I think they were both at fault, Marin was doing his head-down/less chicken run, should have looked where he was going.

I also liked near the end of the game how he tried winning a corner but couldn't even manage that anymore.

there was a period of time when the commentators said "torres shoot and its a goal".

then there was a period of time when the commentators said "torres shoots but he has missed an open goal".

now the commentators say "torres tries to shoot and the ball has ,expectedly, gone for a throw in"...

Gotta applaud his idiocy of constantly dropping deep yesterday. Instead of playing on the shoulder of Sparta's backline to make himself available to receive a through ball, he constantly dropped deep trying to get himself in the buildup play. Too often we had 3-4 players looking to create and pass in the hole and suddenly Torres decides to drop in leading to major congestion in that area with no one making running off the ball runs at all!!

Additionally, every time when there is someone running to the byline and looking to put a cross in, Torres doesn't even bother to make the runs into the 6-yard area to attack it! He's always just standing in the middle waiting for someone to pick him out amongst the opposition defenders!!

Fernando Torres really doesn't gives a fuck if chelsea wins or not , I would not comment upon if he's finished or not , cause it's beyond that lol . He's involved in a conspiracy against us . Seriously He's being double paid for screwing us , or he's maybe doing this for what the seniour players and the staff did with him when he joined us or maybe because of the fans lol . Well I can buy that Meteor shower on Russia were America's controversy because Russia banned their food and Child adopation for United States LOL but i cannot buy that he fucking cant shoot omg it's been the second time he has took a shot that has been a throw in . Even Heskey play's better than this lol .

Roman Abrahomivh for the sake of Russian beauties and Sasha Grey , Please sell Torres , I know you like this Lad , like we all do . But He's a better player than this , he just don't want to play for us . UNDERSTAND THIS

No question he's no good lately. But I just can't help but blame the coaches for some of the mental mistakes. I counted FOUR TIMES that if he had made his run straight to the net, Hazard and co. had played a ball through everyone that just needed a striker's boot to finish it off with. I'm not saying he would have finished it, and had he made those runs and STILL missed all 4 opportunities then I wouldn't be posting this. But I've seen this from him now for a while and blows my mind when i can see something clear cut and obviously the coaches aren't bitch slapping him and saying "look, you make these runs or we don't ever play you again".

Also, I do see that he wins quite a number of headers, and almost NEVER gets the support needed to have us get on the other end of that header, that must be frustrating. I just think with proper coaching he could be quite good again, not great, but good. And mark my words: don't be surprised when we SELL HIM THAT HE TURNS OUT TO BE A SOLID STRIKER AT ANOTHER CLUB.

Yep there were two moments that just summed up his whole Chelsea career.

He shot, and the ball went out for a throw in. I don't even understand how you could manage that, but Torres can.

Marin cuts inside, Torres gets in the way. Stopping attacks as usual. Though realistically I think they were both at fault, Marin was doing his head-down/less chicken run, should have looked where he was going.

I also liked near the end of the game how he tried winning a corner but couldn't even manage that anymore.

Disagree. Torres was more at fault than Marin. Whether Marin was doing his headless chicken run or not, Torres should know better that he will cut inside already and not to get in his way. What Torres should have done is actually making runs to try and drag the Sparta's defenders away to create space for Marin but he didn't. Instead, he dropped deep and banged into him. It was just pathetic watching him constantly dropping deep and making things worse in the buildup play!!!

so torres switched to adidas predator lz!...will this change anything?.....My analysis is that he is okay with touches but his movement is very poor.His sliced shot went for a throw in:D.One shot with his left foot is very good but keeper made a save.The problem with torres is the mental atitude may be it is because of his fear of injuries or fear of missing a goal.it was all due to lack of confidence.Hopefully he corrects himself and starts scoring goals.To all the fans if you donot support him it is okay but plz dont boo him.KTBFFH

He has a weak mentality, which in my opinion, is his biggest flaw.

I absolutely hate this cunt with all my fucking heart

It's been an amazing thing to watch this player disintegrate, but it's revealed a few things. He was essentially all pace and nothing much else.

His positional sense is absolutely appalling. How many times have players put the ball across the six yard box only for Torres to be on the penalty spot (at best)? And yet he'll still try and do things that assume he still has that amazing pace, like knock a ball past a player and run onto it despite it only working about three times in two years.

It's the most remarkable thing to have witnessed firsthand - to see a person completely unable to do what they used to, unwilling to adapt and simply fall apart. If you look at someone like Shearer who was robbed of that explosive acceleration by injuries, he was able to change the way he played and still be one of the top strikers around whereas Torres has been shown up to be a one-dimensional, weak-minded coward.

It's been an amazing thing to watch this player disintegrate, but it's revealed a few things. He was essentially all pace and nothing much else.

His positional sense is absolutely appalling. How many times have players put the ball across the six yard box only for Torres to be on the penalty spot (at best)? And yet he'll still try and do things that assume he still has that amazing pace, like knock a ball past a player and run onto it despite it only working about three times in two years.

It's the most remarkable thing to have witnessed firsthand - to see a person completely unable to do what they used to, unwilling to adapt and simply fall apart. If you look at someone like Shearer who was robbed of that explosive acceleration by injuries, he was able to change the way he played and still be one of the top strikers around whereas Torres has been shown up to be a one-dimensional, weak-minded coward.

It's always got to be us...we always have to deal with the biggest flops