Fernando Torres

It's been an amazing thing to watch this player disintegrate, but it's revealed a few things. He was essentially all pace and nothing much else.

His positional sense is absolutely appalling. How many times have players put the ball across the six yard box only for Torres to be on the penalty spot (at best)? And yet he'll still try and do things that assume he still has that amazing pace, like knock a ball past a player and run onto it despite it only working about three times in two years.

It's the most remarkable thing to have witnessed firsthand - to see a person completely unable to do what they used to, unwilling to adapt and simply fall apart. If you look at someone like Shearer who was robbed of that explosive acceleration by injuries, he was able to change the way he played and still be one of the top strikers around whereas Torres has been shown up to be a one-dimensional, weak-minded coward.

Knee injuries are some of the most serious injuries a player can have. They're very likely to be career-ending. Most players never get to top form again and some become absolute shit, like our fellow Torres here. Michael Owen, Joe Cole even our brazilian legend Ronaldo never got back to their top form. Ronaldo could still manage to become an awesome striker by changing his style which previously relied on pace heavily. But even him was never as good as before. His goal/game ratio dropped from about 1:1 to 1:2. He had become about half the player he was, and he only managed that because he had clinical finishing, very good positioning and was a marvelous dribbler. Torres is none of those.

Can't believe any idiots here defend Torres. If anybody here doesn't think he was given plenty of chances is fucking stupid. I watched every painstaking game, every fucked-up minute, every single time he skyed the ball into the parking lot, or toe punted it from 4 yards out to the right or left of the goal. Rounding the De Gea at OT was the beginning of the end for El'Nino, we are just trying to get every bit of worth out of him that we can.

It's like when your at the brothel and as soon as you blow your load, you know you've wasted your money, so you ask for a massage for the rest of the 45 mins to try and get your moneys worth. I feel that's what the club is doing with Torres. Just trying to get that extra massage.

Great Imagination! :clap: :worship2: :tophat:

Can't believe any idiots here defend Torres. If anybody here doesn't think he was given plenty of chances is fucking stupid. I watched every painstaking game, every fucked-up minute, every single time he skyed the ball into the parking lot, or toe punted it from 4 yards out to the right or left of the goal. Rounding the De Gea at OT was the beginning of the end for El'Nino, we are just trying to get every bit of worth out of him that we can.

It's like when your at the brothel and as soon as you blow your load, you know you've wasted your money, so you ask for a massage for the rest of the 45 mins to try and get your moneys worth. I feel that's what the club is doing with Torres. Just trying to get that extra massage.

WTF did I just read? :blink:

I hope this is only a metaphor and not a memory! :lol:

Benayoun went on to suggest Torres is still "one of the best strikers in the world"

That is precisely wherein lies the problem. Yes, because in all honestly, the problem isn't his knees, the system, the players surrounding him, etc... The real problem is that he has been taken for someone he wasn't. To believe that this bag of shit was World-Class / one of the best striker at some point is as deluded as believing that Bin Laden was the big bad bearded guy behind the "Axis of Evil" (© Bush).

That guy-wannabe-girl (or the other way round, I truly don't know) was massively overrated. He has been a two seasons wonder and that's about that. And even then, he wasn't at his true level ; he was overachieving. All the Loserpool team was built to take 200% out of him. He was nothing special ; he was only finishing all the hard work done by Gerard, Alonso and Mascherano. Plus you gotta keep in mind that he was playing for the media darling... How not be overrated in this kind of situation ?

And as Semia pointed out, a big part of the hype surrounding him are due to his looking. With his blond hair and his juvenile face, it's easy to sympathise for him.

This ladyboy is just the epitome of how media can overhype someone.

Sure, but look at him now. Does he even run? If he does. Does he even outrun a one legged boy? Not sure. Just look at him, standing there watching the world burn. We should play either Ba or Moses upfront.

Knee injuries are some of the most serious injuries a player can have. They're very likely to be career-ending. Most players never get to top form again and some become absolute shit, like our fellow Torres here. Michael Owen, Joe Cole even our brazilian legend Ronaldo never got back to their top form. Ronaldo could still manage to become an awesome striker by changing his style which previously relied on pace heavily. But even him was never as good as before. His goal/game ratio dropped from about 1:1 to 1:2. He had become about half the player he was, and he only managed that because he had clinical finishing, very good positioning and was a marvelous dribbler. Torres is none of those.

Essien another one. 3 bad knee injuries and 2 successive on the same knee.

Don't call me racist, but maybe white strikers just aren't our thing? :whistling: I mean down the recent years our best goalscorers have been black guys: Drogba, Anelka, Hasselbaink. The only exception being Gudjohnsen. However, look at our caucasian flops: Kezman, Mutu, Shevchenko, Pizarro, Torres. You could add Crespo to that list, even though he wasn't a bad player nor a flop, he never broke through despite that.

Judging by this scientific evidence I say bring in fast black strikers and ditch the white pansies :tiphat:.

Actually scratch that, we need more black players in general. Our best times were when we had a prominent dark presence, it's fading away now. We need to incorporate Mikel, Ba and Moses back in the team ASAP before we get overrun by white trash. Wingers need to stay white though.

So fuck all the Falcaos and Cavanis and Lewandowskis. We should have kept Sturridge, our attacking trio of Ba, Danny and Lukaku would have become deadly in the following seasons.

Maybe Tommy had a point all along.

On recent evidence yes, but we did have our Osgoods, Tamblings and Greaves...Maybe they need to be white AND English...Sign Rooney!!!