Fernando Torres

Benitez is a cunt pure and simple, he has nothing for the club, the reverse in fact, no heart, no belief, no respect. He's Liverscum and always really will be here. I don't care if he does turn Torres now - some things aren't worth it. An on fire Torres (and he's far from that even with four goals in two games against seriously poor opposition) is not worth that wanker on the Chelsea payroll - nothing is.

Ashley Cole grew up an Arsenal fan then played for them before us, Frank Lampard grew up a West Ham fan then played for them before us.

If Rafa delivers any past hostilities will be forgotten, or was Ashley Cole loved by Chelsea fans in his Arsenal days?

The problem with Torres is his mentality. When the team is playing well he plays well, when the team is playing bad he is nowhere to be found.

I agree his attitude was really poor in some games , but how do you expect him to score without any legiitimate service ? Rafa has pointed this out a couple of times now , and I think the players have listened him , they are playing a bit more direct now , and it's benefiting Torres

1. "We are playing a bit differently now. We do not pass the ball as much as we did in the final third and we play a bit more direct. It was a long time not to score." Fernando Torres

I agree his attitude was really poor in some games , but how do you expect him to score without any legiitimate service ? Rafa has pointed this out a couple of times now , and I think the players have listened him , they are playing a bit more direct now , and it's benefiting Torres

1. "We are playing a bit differently now. We do not pass the ball as much as we did in the final third and we play a bit more direct. It was a long time not to score." Fernando Torres

Service works both ways and to say Torres doesn't do his bit is an understatement.

Good forwards adapt to the team, not the other way round.

He's always tracked back for us. I haven't noticed any major difference in his play.

Torres has started making runs in the box, remember how static he used to be against totenham when sturridge moved in front of torres and scored mata's cross.

Two of his recent goals have come from runs in the box, one against nordsjaelland and one against sunderland.

I hope he keeps doing that for chelsea's sake. :)

Torres has started making runs in the box, remember how static he used to be against totenham when sturridge moved in front of torres and scored mata's cross.

Two of his recent goals have come from runs in the box, one against nordsjaelland and one against sunderland.

I hope he keeps doing that for chelsea's sake. :)

Maybe so. I noticed against Sunderland everybody was making more runs, not only Torres. Plus our midfielders looked for through passes more often. This is a change in instructions I presume, but it's yet to be seen if we can make it work against decent sides. Torres has had quite a few periods where he plays well or scores a few (for example the first weeks under AVB Torres was overwhelmingly voted man of the match in a couple of games in row, but it didn't stick). My estimation of him based on last two games grew from about 0% to 2%, he's still lightyears away from convincing me or any other sane person otherwise.

Torres is merely trolling Abramovich to make him offer him a new seven-year deal. He did this last season when he played well from April to May to stop the board from selling him.

Until he starts scoring at a decent ratio, let's say five goals in every ten matches, I'll still have my many doubts over his ability. Yet if he plays shit and puts the ball in the net I won't mind one bit. Strikers are supposed to score, and he is doing that at the minute, but against two utterly abysmal teams. Let's see how he does against Norwich and Everton away.

I hope he can continue getting goals, but, perhaps most importantly , that if he fails to score in a game, he won't go back to a slump.

I'd rather see him score goals on a regular basis than score four in two games, then go without goals for 4-5 games.

I hope he can continue getting goals, but, perhaps most importantly , that if he fails to score in a game, he won't go back to a slump.

I'd rather see him score goals on a regular basis than score four in two games, then go without goals for 4-5 games.

And then when he goes on a 4 game slump, fanboys will say "4 goals in 6 games, stfu haters"

Slightly ridiculous that he decided to step up and take that penalty at the weekend when there were situations previously where Mata and 1-2 others offered him the chance to take penalties but he didn't want to. It was a good penalty against Sunderland but had he missed that and we went on to drop points, he would have been slaughtered for days!

Forget Pele, Maradona and Beckenbauer, meet the inspiration behind Torres' career... Japanese cartoon Captain Tsubasa

http://www.dailymail...in-Tsubasa.html

:fainthv9::ph34r: :banghead:

An obvious ploy to win over the Japanese fans especially those fangirls...