Fernando Torres

5 goals in 3 games :readthemessage: LOL what do you want more ? Give him some more time under Rafa , he might get back to his best :rolleyes:

Five goals in three games is great but 19 goals in the 90 games before that is embarrassing and there's absolutely no fucking way I'm getting my hopes up after a couple of decent games against shit opponents. How many times in the past have we said the words "let's give him a bit more time, he might soon be back to his best" and every single time he has failed us?

In the past I've been overly happy whenever Torres scored a goal but now I'm getting mixed feelings about his recent good run of form because it has come just before the transfer window when it was looking certain we're going to replace him but now the board must be wondering the same thing as you. If they fall for this trap again and Nando lets us down big time, I simply have no words left.

Five goals in three games is great but 19 goals in the 90 games before that is embarrassing and there's absolutely no fucking way I'm getting my hopes up after a couple of decent games against shit opponents. How many times in the past have we said the words "let's give him a bit more time, he might soon be back to his best" and every single time he has failed us?

In the past I've been overly happy whenever Torres scored a goal but now I'm getting mixed feelings about his recent good run of form because it has come just before the transfer window when it was looking certain we're going to replace him but now the board must be wondering the same thing as you. If they fall for this trap again and Nando lets us down big time, I simply have no words left.

I agree that His stats are poor and he has a not performed to his level last year but the scenario is different this time , we have a manager who is trying to change the system to help him and it's working , before that he was forced to play in that specific Drogba role and though we found out in his first 5 apps , it aint going to work , but we kept pushing him to adjust himself , and he tried but he's not muscular enough for that role and holding the ball has never been his strong side so he failed . And your argument that he's only scoring against the weaker teams , LOL WHAT ABOUT MESSI AND FALCAO ? They play in the easiest league in the whole planet <_<

I agree that His stats are poor and he has a not performed to his level last year but the scenario is different this time , we have a manager who is trying to change the system to help him and it's working , before that he was forced to play in that specific Drogba role and though we found out in his first 5 apps , it aint going to work , but we kept pushing him to adjust himself , and he tried but he's not muscular enough for that role and holding the ball has never been his strong side so he failed . And your argument that he's only scoring against the weaker teams , LOL WHAT ABOUT MESSI AND FALCAO ? They play in the easiest league in the whole planet <_<

I really can't be asked to get back into this argument as it is a bit like arguing against a brick wall with a massive i love Fernando on it... But that argument is Awful...

Firstly, its hardly the weakest league on the whole planet.

Secondly:

229 (192) Messi at barca... He even got 13 goals in march 2012 alone lol.

48 (40) Falcao at atletico, not including his 41 in 50 at porto

91 (22) Fernando with us.

Now thats a big difference. Yes he is on form and if he can keep that going then that will be great for us, but i mean the argument is not even close even if we were to believe that messi and falcao play in the easiest league in the world.

I really can't be asked to get back into this argument as it is a bit like arguing against a brick wall with a massive i love Fernando on it... But that argument is Awful...

Firstly, its hardly the weakest league on the whole planet.

Secondly:

229 (192) Messi at barca... He even got 13 goals in march 2012 alone lol.

48 (40) Falcao at atletico, not including his 41 in 50 at porto

91 (22) Fernando with us.

Now thats a big difference. Yes he is on form and if he can keep that going then that will be great for us, but i mean the argument is not even close even if we were to believe that messi and falcao play in the easiest league in the world.

La Liga wont be the easiest league in the world but it is 50x easier than the Premier League.And scoring against Malaga , Zaragoza , Levante , Deportivo etc doesnt makes you WORLD CLASS . And it's funny how you showed their goals with different clubs but didnt showed Fernando's goal tally with Liverpool . Nando has scored 81 goals in 141 matches with Liverpool in the most competitive League in the world . That actually proves we didnt utilised him rightly , Chelsea's staff has to get the blame with Fernando for his failure .

What are you talking about mate? Seriously?

Firstly, La Liga is not the easiest league in the world. In my opinion, it's on the same level as the English Premier League. If you can come up with any stats or reasonable argument that suggests it's not on a similar level to the EPL then go ahead, be my guest.

Secondly, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at, but are you implying that Torres is better than Messi? :blink:

Firstly, La Liga is not the easiest league in the world. In my opinion, it's on the same level as the English Premier League.

LOL seriously ? Everyone knows La Liga is simply a two-horse race. In the EPL, you have six legitimate world-class teams that can beat any team in the world: City , United , Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham. So while people get to watch two El Clasico clashes in La Liga yearly, but with so much talent and class at the top half of the table in the EPL, there's always noteworthy clashes nearly every weekend in EPL.

P.S : I never said Torres is better than messi =P

Just compare the two league tables and it tells you a different story.

What story does it tell then?

Comparing leagues from two different tables will only get you so far. Compare how many teams from both leagues are still in the Champions League and Europa League, and also what happens when English teams play Spanish teams. English teams definitely do not dominate against Spanish teams.

People seem to think that La Liga isn't as great as the EPL because it's not as 'fast-paced' and because it's always a two horse race. But let's face it, the EPL is also a two horse race with maybe a third club having a chance of winning the title. And that's the exact same as La Liga. Atletico being that third club, who are actually ahead of Real Madrid and sit in second place.

LOL seriously ? Everyone knows La Liga is simply a two-horse race. In the EPL, you have six legitimate world-class teams that can beat any team in the world: City , United , Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham. So while people get to watch two El Clasico clashes in La Liga yearly, but with so much talent and class at the top half of the table in the EPL, there's always noteworthy clashes nearly every weekend in EPL.

P.S : I never said Torres is better than messi =P

Do you really think any of those six teams can win the EPL? Like I said, it's also a two horse race just like La Liga. With maybe a third club in with a chance of winning the title.