Fernando Torres

Torres (9 goals in 24 games) has also scored more goals than Rooney (5 goals in 16 games), Balotelli (3 goals in 18 games), Tevez (8 goals in 21 games), Aguero (7 goals in 18 games), Dzeko (7 goals in 20 games), and Giroud (7 goals in 20 games)

as well as also scoring more goals in open play the Falcao this season as well.

Torres has scored a goal for every 239 minutes he has been on the field.

Rooney has scored a goal for every 158 minutes he has been on the field.

Balotelli has scored a goal for every 239 minutes he has been on the field.

Tevez has scored a goal for every 172 minutes he has been on the field.

Aguero has scored a goal for every 167 minutes he has been on the field.

Dzeko has scored a goal for every 119 minutes he has been on the field

Podolski has scored a goal for every 208 minutes he has been on the field.

Giroud has scored a goal for every 236 minutes he has been on the field.

He scored more goals because he plays far too much compared to the other guys you mentioned.

Torres has scored a goal for every 239 minutes he has been on the field.

Rooney has scored a goal for every 158 minutes he has been on the field.

Balotelli has scored a goal for every 239 minutes he has been on the field.

Tevez has scored a goal for every 172 minutes he has been on the field.

Aguero has scored a goal for every 167 minutes he has been on the field.

Dzeko has scored a goal for every 119 minutes he has been on the field

Podolski has scored a goal for every 208 minutes he has been on the field.

Giroud has scored a goal for every 236 minutes he has been on the field.

He scored more goals because he plays far too much compared to the other guys you mentioned.

The Rooney stat is impressive as he's basically playing sooo much deeper now RvP is at Utd.

Would I swap RvP for Torres - YES, so at 25million RvP was a bargain...

As for Balotelli - he is a good striker, but him+Mancini always arguing, Giroud... hmmm think he's a bit hit+miss - bit like Torres :P

Yeah and we have Hazard and Mata who have a combined tally of 11 assists in the League and make 4 key passes per game which is better than any other attacking midfielders in the League. Not sure what your point is.

2012%2f12%2fHazard-Form.jpg

idk where did you get that 4 key passes per game stat but this clearly shows Hazard has failed to continue the flow he showed in his first 3 games =P

and according to whoscored , Mata is averaging 2.5 key passes per match :rolleyes:

And still people say Torres doesn't score <_<

idk where did you get that 4 key passes per game stat but this clearly shows Hazard has failed to continue the flow he showed in his first 3 games =P

and according to whoscored , Mata is averaging 2.5 key passes per match :rolleyes:

And still people say Torres doesn't score <_<

On average Mata 2.5 key passes in the League + Hazard 2.1 key passes in the League, total being 4.6 key passes per game.

It's not their problem Torres is either hiding away from these passes or loosing possession as soon as they do find him.

On average Mata 2.5 key passes in the League + Hazard 2.1 key passes in the League, total being 4.6 key passes per game.

It's not their problem Torres is either hiding away from these passes or loosing possession as soon as they do find him.

oh ohkay , and how many of these passes have been played to TORRES ? and before the NORDS game they have always played like a Inside forward , cutting inside , eating all the Torres space ^_^ Hazard worked on the wing against Nords and see both Torres and hazard had a good game . There's a major glitch in the system and Rafa is working on it , Torres will prove you all wrong in the next few games that his shit performances were majorly the fault of our system =P

oh ohkay , and how many of these passes have been played to TORRES ? and before the NORDS game they have always played like a Inside forward , cutting inside , eating all the Torres space ^_^ Hazard worked on the wing against Nords and see both Torres and hazard had a good game . There's a major glitch in the system and Rafa is working on it , Torres will prove you all wrong in the next few games that his shit performances were majorly the fault of our system =P

Enough for him to get dispossessed 5.3 times per match on average.

Torres will not prove us wrong, when he exits Chelsea he will be regarded as the biggest flop in World Football.

Your posts are a farce, blaming the system for his continued failure to score goals, create his own chances, make runs and keep possession.

In the end he is just an average striker who has no place in the first team in a club challenging for the Champion League places

Enough for him to get dispossessed 5.3 times per match on average.

Torres will not prove us wrong, when he exits Chelsea he will be regarded as the biggest flop in World Football.

Your posts are a farce, blaming the system for his continued failure to score goals, create his own chances, make runs and keep possession.

In the end he is just an average striker who has no place in the first team in a club challenging for the Champion League places

Why do you want him to holdup the ball for the attacking players behind him ? He is not Drogba and he never did that for Liverpool and Atleti <_< , when he should be getting the through balls , he always gets a short pass with two defenders stuck to him and he gets disposed . we didnt bought him to make Mata and Hazard score ? Instead we bought the three players behind him to fed him . I just feel for Fernando , he made the biggest mistake one could make , making a transfer request to sign for Chelsea . He never got the same love , same respect and the four chelsea managers he played under all never tried to comfort him and get the best out him . Everyone knows that the holdup play is his weakest side of the game , and yet chelsea kept trying him to play that ROLE . He's an average striker ? he won the Golden boot at EURO . Keep blaming him cause you guys are still in the state of denial , I hope Chelsea stuck to their Drogba style of play and buy Falcao , though he's more muscular than nando but this guy will fail aswell . and than you would say , "oh so we have to change our style , damn if we had done it a bit earlier , we wouldn't had wasted Sheva and Nando" =P

Dude, not only do you strike me as a fan of the backstreet boys, but also a major fan of Torres, as well as Rafa it seems. That's cool. I get it; everyone is allowed to have favourite players/managers. Great.

But what I don't get is your constant, vehement defence of Torres and refusal to admit that he just not the player he was or the player we paid for. He's been given chance after chance, played in system after system and it's become pretty obvious that the route of the problem is that his legs are gone. So there's nothing the rest of the team or Benitez can do about that.

All of your smiley faces could be troll faces for all I care, because you're now quoting his game against, probably, the worst team Torres has faced in a Chelsea shirt. I'm sure most people here don't count those goals and, judging by Torres 'celebration', he doesn't either. So if I didn't know any better, you're either a troll, a scouse having a laugh at our misfortune or a throughly deluded Torres fan; and I'm not so sure the most diehard of Torres' fans would argue like you have...

I like that we are being a touch more direct, trying to play players in behind more often. You have to put defenders on edge between stepping up to fill space when Hazard/Oscar/Mata have it and being fearful of those players playing someone in behind.

Right now, that someone has to be Torres. It is similar to how he was played in behind time after time with the scuds.

Until we replace him he needs to bang these chances in a lot more frequently.

Torres (9 goals in 24 games) has also scored more goals than Rooney (5 goals in 16 games), Balotelli (3 goals in 18 games), Tevez (8 goals in 21 games), Aguero (7 goals in 18 games), Dzeko (7 goals in 20 games), and Giroud (7 goals in 20 games)

as well as also scoring more goals in open play the Falcao this season as well.

Yes, but we're a one striker team, where as all the players you listed are from two striker teams. Rooney isn't even deepest striker (RVP is), and Balotelli and Dzeko are subs. Instead of comparing goals/matches, you should compare goals/minutes for Balotelli and especially Dzeko. Dzeko has one of the best goals/minutes this season.

I just dont understand why is he always the scapegoat ? I know we lost to Swansea , City , West ham , West Brom , QPR and some other teams but It wasnt his fault , the whole team played shit . why do he always gets the blame ? Supported him for two years ? THATS A LIE

For almost a year he got defended to the hilt and any time he had a bad game the blame that he deserved was shifted elsewhere, he got time by fans no one else would have got.

The fact you are still blaming service on his short comings loses me for words, he has 3 of the best number 10's behind him and is still shit, he has the 2 greatest midfielders of the latest generation behind him for Spain and is still shit.

Stop hoping he will be back, he won't he is fucking shit, 2008 yes he was the best forward in the world now he is just an Akinfenwa without strength and if you dont know who he is he's a league two forward who usually warms the Northampton bench. Accept it he is finished.

Infact has any one noticed that our players use to look for Torres but eventually realized their was just no point?

I mean his debut against Liverpool then Fulham the players were looking for him, Drogba and David Luiz played him through and he fucked it up, even Malouda was looking for him, eventually they realized their was just no point.

The same with Mata his first few games, his debut against Norwich then the Levekusen match especially he spent trying to "service" Torres but came to the conclusion it was just a waste of time, Hazard and Oscar the same this term.

Service works both ways and to say Torres does not do his bit is the biggest understatement of the decade.

Don't tell me @Backstreet09, they should keep passing to a statue, as far as im concerned when players pass to Nando it should go down as a pass to the opponent on their stats.