Fernando Torres

Nobody should ever complain about lack of service anymore. That pass from Mata that he received in the first half was one of the best passes I've seen a player make for a striker, and Torres didn't even hit it. Embarrassing. He's always had the support from the fans, they cheer for him almost everytime he has the ball. He has the support from his teammates, both on the field and off it, and he has nobody but himself to blame anymore. He's past it, time to move on.

Oh, and I absolutely hate the Torres fangirls. I doubt they were even Chelsea fans before he signed, and yet they even criticize those who criticize him, even after a performance like this. Unbelievable.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE the expression Torres fan girls ,,IT is insulting to our fans ,,, Most fans have a favourite player ,,,

are you a " FAN GIRL " of some player .

I ABSOLUTELY HATE the expression Torres fan girls ,,IT is insulting to our fans ,,, Most fans have a favourite player ,,,

are you a " FAN GIRL " of some player .

How is it insulting? It's what they are. Most fans have a favourite player, yeah. And so do I. My favourite player is Lampard, but I don't go nuts whenever I see him on the pitch, I don't post pictures of him everywhere, and I don't support him more than I support the club. And when he plays shit, I criticize him instead of critizing others who criticize him for his poor performances, so there's a difference between being a fangirl and having a favourite player.

For the vast majority of these fangirls, Torres seems to be far more improtant than the club, which is what annoys me most. Most of them support Spain too just because of him.

How is it insulting? It's what they are. Most fans have a favourite player, yeah. And so do I. My favourite player is Lampard, but I don't go nuts whenever I see him on the pitch, I don't post pictures of him everywhere, and I don't support him more than I support the club. And when he plays shit, I criticize him instead of critizing others who criticize him for his poor performances, so there's a difference between being a fangirl and having a favourite player.

For the vast majority of these fangirls, Torres seems to be far more improtant than the club, which is what annoys me most. Most of them support Spain too just because of him.

that is a gross insult to many genuine fans...criticise him when you feel he is at fault but perhaps YOUR judgement isnt perfect

read DHs comments ,,, is he a FAN GIRL?

Knew I'd get home and read exactly what the idiots on Talk Sport were saying (Its a british radio station for those that dont know)

Watching Torres today (at the game btw), what the hell do you mean cannot complain about service? I'm glad that most people if not 99% of the people around me in the matthew harding lower stand do NOT share the same deluded opinion that some of you keyboard warriors have. Mata put him through and he missed ONE chance, ONE chance, if he missed four of those then fair enough but thats not the case is it?

What our problem today was that simply too many cooks in the kitchen i.e. too many people coming into the middle, not enough movement ahead of the ball, zero forward runs.

When Torres receives the ball 95% of the time it is to his feet, WITH HIS BACK TO GOAL when he is a player over the years to want that pass he can run onto or it is on the wing because he is frustrated at receiving the ball to feet at the edge of the box with 2 players around him, I don't know many players that can do much in that situation, oh, except perhaps Messi.. Yeah that little guy.

When he misses 3-4 chances a game like Suarez (just an example) THEN and only then will I be able to criticise him.

You'd do well to stay off the media bandwagon.

Idiots.

oh please im sick of it torres is a bust and its about time we all accept that. im tired of the excuses last year is was because drogba or it was danny wasnt not passing him the ball and now with all the great players we have we are still making excuses for this guy. you cant be out of form for 2 years, torres movement sucks period.

Knew I'd get home and read exactly what the idiots on Talk Sport were saying (Its a british radio station for those that dont know)

Watching Torres today (at the game btw), what the hell do you mean cannot complain about service? I'm glad that most people if not 99% of the people around me in the matthew harding lower stand do NOT share the same deluded opinion that some of you keyboard warriors have. Mata put him through and he missed ONE chance, ONE chance, if he missed four of those then fair enough but thats not the case is it?

What our problem today was that simply too many cooks in the kitchen i.e. too many people coming into the middle, not enough movement ahead of the ball, zero forward runs.

When Torres receives the ball 95% of the time it is to his feet, WITH HIS BACK TO GOAL when he is a player over the years to want that pass he can run onto or it is on the wing because he is frustrated at receiving the ball to feet at the edge of the box with 2 players around him, I don't know many players that can do much in that situation, oh, except perhaps Messi.. Yeah that little guy.

When he misses 3-4 chances a game like Suarez (just an example) THEN and only then will I be able to criticise him.

You'd do well to stay off the media bandwagon.

Idiots.

Before calling a whole forum "idiots", ask yourself why Torres doesn't get to have 3-4 chances a game like Suarez (just an example). Is it just because of the poor service he's reciving from the others or is it because he's nowhere to find by his teammates? Please, just download today's game and focus only on Fernando's actions. You'll see that he doesn't even bother getting in good positions. He only had 1 (ONE) shoot and that one was a header off target. Against Juventus it was the same story.

We can't all be idiots, mate. I go often to the stadium to support my favourite Romanian team and I know how it is. You can't see the big picture so well, you only focus on the ball when your team is attacking. At least that's what I always do. In front of the tv, though, you get to watch how the players move, you get to make scenarios inside your head. Just, please, watch this game again and focus on Torres.

I dont spend much time on other sites ,,,NO player is bigger than club ....

Osgood wasnt Zola wasnt But I object to fans being insulted for supporting a Chelsea player ,,,I never wanted Torres but he is here

and I want him to do well, We have Belgian fans now who support us because we have signed Belgium players .. I welcome the players

and the new fans.

Before calling a whole forum "idiots", ask yourself why Torres doesn't get to have 3-4 chances a game like Suarez (just an example). Is it just because of the poor service he's reciving from the others or is it because he's nowhere to find by his teammates? Please, just download today's game and focus only on Fernando's actions. You'll see that he doesn't even bother getting in good positions. He only had 1 (ONE) shoot and that one was a header off target. Against Juventus it was the same story.

We can't all be idiots, mate. I go often to the stadium to support my favourite Romanian team and I know how it is. You can't see the big picture so well, you only focus on the ball when your team is attacking. At least that's what I always do. In front of the tv, though, you get to watch how the players move, you get to make scenarios inside your head. Just, please, watch this game again and focus on Torres.

First off, not sure I called the whole forum idiots? Referring to the people that label Torres dismal, and I think that is pretty evident btw but not to worry. I don't need to download the game pal I was sitting in the stadium with a brilliant view, search my posts, this isn't something that I preach in the last few weeks, this has been since Torres came to Chelsea.

Yes we spent A LOT of money buying attacking options but, well I can only assume you watched todays game, it doesn't help when those players do not use their pace and trickey but instead come inside, exchange 2-3 4-5 yard balls with eachother and eventually lose the ball. Failing that it will go into Torres' feet and he will lose it as he has his back to goal. So don't tell me to go watch a game and pay attention to his movement because I do, Christ, every bloody game I do whether its on the TV, stream or sitting in the stadium. Torres' movement often leads to other team members being given space and yes he does still make those runs, WATCH TODAYS GAME!

Not all idiots but from what I'm reading quite a few, sorry to break it to you and its not like I enjoy 'attacking' other Chelsea fans but my God please just pay attention to what is happening and HOW the team plays.

Anyway, each to their own and I won't criticise him for missing ONE clear cut chance.

I dont spend much time on other sites ,,,NO player is bigger than club ....

Osgood wasnt Zola wasnt But I object to fans being insulted for supporting a Chelsea player ,,,I never wanted Torres but he is here

and I want him to do well, We have Belgian fans now who support us because we have signed Belgium players .. I welcome the players

and the new fans.

Totally agreed, but with Fernando's fans (let's just keep it that way) it is something different. Some of them are so in love with this man that they won't even face the obvious truth. I mean, just because I'm saying that Torres is playing poor and we need another striker doesn't mean that I hate Torres as they would think. God knows that I wish all the best for him and I want him to do well when he's wearing the blue shirt, but I am just done with finding excuses. Just like that. I don't hate the man, I just can't understand him anymore no matter how hard I'd want to.

Totally agreed, but with Fernando's fans (let's just keep it that way) it is something different. Some of them are so in love with this man that they won't even face the obvious truth. I mean, just because I'm saying that Torres is playing poor and we need another striker doesn't mean that I hate Torres as they would think. God knows that I wish all the best for him and I want him to do well when he's wearing the blue shirt, but I am just done with finding excuses. Just like that. I don't hate the man, I just can't understand him anymore no matter how hard I'd want to.

fair comment

Its not that Im a Torres fan, I'm a Chelsea fan. I'll give criticism where its due, like his reaction to being subbed for instance, not just for him but any player. What I cannot stand is unjust criticism of a player that is not missing heaps of chances, simply because, the chances are not there to begin with, thats my point.

Well said, I feel exactly the same way. He's been one of my favourite players since his Liverpool days, and I'm still one of his biggest fans, but how can I expect from him when he misses chances like that. I still support him every time he plays, but finding excuses after that miss today is hilarious. He was brought here to score chances like that and he didn't even touch the ball, which is embarrassing.

And come on, this isn't the first chance he's missed when in front of goal in his Chelsea career. It's not the first time that he appeared scared in front of goal. He's been like this all the time.

Its not that Im a Torres fan, I'm a Chelsea fan. I'll give criticism where its due, like his reaction to being subbed for instance, not just for him but any player. What I cannot stand is unjust criticism of a player that is not missing heaps of chances, simply because, the chances are not there to begin with, thats my point.

Lmao, it seems to me that you've been a Chelsea fan only for a few weeks. Because if you were a Chelsea fan before this season began, you wouldn't look so deluded in front of hundreds of other Chelsea fans who use this forum, because this is not the first time Torres has looked unconfident in front of goal, and this is not the first time he's failed miserably in such a great goalscoring position. So stop with the 3-4 chances bullshit, he's had more chances than I can count.

He is a massive flop, one of the biggest flops in world football history. Embrace it.

Well said, I feel exactly the same way. He's been one of my favourite players since his Liverpool days, and I'm still one of his biggest fans, but how can I expect from him when he misses chances like that. I still support him every time he plays, but finding excuses after that miss today is hilarious. He was brought here to score chances like that and he didn't even touch the ball, which is embarrassing.

And come on, this isn't the first chance he's missed when in front of goal in his Chelsea career. It's not the first time that he appeared scared in front of goal. He's been like this all the time.

My first thought when i read the comments about him just missing one chance, and no, im not just thinking about that miss against Man United.

Can you developp your thoughs on the juve game, I'l be glad to hear your comments as the game is fresh in my mind.

Against Juventus, Fernando Toress' only shot was a poor header over the crossbar. Anyway, he was better than today, but still unacceptable. His only contribution is that ball that he recovered before Oscar's first goal, I think, but do I need to remind you that he's the one who lost the ball in the first place? Today, he only touched the ball for 33 times. in more than 90 minutes. That means 1 times more than Cech(!!!). Against Juve, he touched the ball for 45 times in more than 90 minutes. Cech touched it for 32 times and Ramires for 41, but the Brazilian only played for 70 minutes. Again, is it only the others' fault that Torres is just so absent? Anyways, I am tired of discusing over this. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am right, I don't even care anymore. It's getting boring and stressing. I want what's best for Chelsea, I don't hate Torres, but sometimes I am just frustrated not only by his lack of productivity but also by his total absence. And I think most of those who criticize him think the same.

Otherwise (please try to discuss with me regardless of Fernando Torres, I'm intersted by that debate) I don't agree at all with what you say about the tv/ground perception. At the contraty I do feel that's far more interesting from an observative point of view to watch a game in a ground. You precisely look at what you want to see, you're your own movie maker.

I use to go to my local team as well, I'm 20 yards away from the players and the play and I do feel we've a better view without all the replay bullshit on the tv screens

Beside that you can feel the game and hear the ball being knocked etc... I'm a youth coach, the kids' parents used to film some games and gave me DVDs. When I saw them I really wondered if they weren't on another pitch, country, planet or whatever... the perception is so different: in terms of natural perspective, angles of view chosen and of course atmosphere of the game

Being less than 30 yards from the pitch, at some level but not far upper than the bench really is the perfect place to feel a game.

Something I always wanted to do is to compare a live game with a TV replay, I didn't managed to do that yet

I just can focus better in front of the tv. When I'm at the stadium I get nervous and I can't see the big picture, just like I said before. For example, if there's an attack going on and we have a right midfielder going on a run on the right side of the field I watch him running, I don't watch what's happening in the box. But when the game is on tv, I have enough time to see the movement of the other players. This is just one example. I don't really know if I'm making myself well understood, but that's how I see the things.

It's quite amazing how many excuses get made up for a 50M striker who can't finish to save his life. So what if he only missed one clear cut chance today? It's bad enough that he missed the only chance that would have made our life so much easier, but it's far worse that he's missed countless chances so far in his Chelsea career. Fuck movement and work ethic, if you are satisfied with those, get Mo Farah to run for 90 minutes. I am tired of seeing a below-average striker who can only run into defenders and lose the ball. No need to have him and crowd the already-crowded central position. Bring on Sturridge. Better goal scorer, more versatile, younger and English. There's nothing that Torres does better than him