Fernando Torres

Torres is useless. So useless that its better to play with no CF, than playing with Torres. For me its like playing with 10 players when Torres is on the pitch.

I cant believe we still have some guys here supporting him and even trying to see the good things he did, when there is nothing there to see. If Torres scores next game, it will be the same old story: "Torres is back!" "Fuck the haters". Then there will be 6 or 7 games without one single goal.

Anelka was so much better than Torres, but he never got the love some unbelievable people here have for Torres. We are talking about a mercenary, that has no history with Chelsea, never was important for the club. No reason for the love.

So true...That is pure example of Torres fangirl.

I bet they started to support Chelsea when Torres joined us, but the truth is they actually only support Torres and not Chelsea. Fake fans.

I don't even know what has Torres done to earn his first team spot.

If I were RDM, I'd even prefer Patrick Bamford over Torres. I'm hell of sure he'd do better.

Actually I find Ivanovic awful since pre-season, defensively, tactically etc... I wanted to punch the french TV commentators who said he was having a great start of the season considering he scored twice.

And I agree with you, he could've done better, but I must notice that he is much more offensive this season then in previous two. It takes its toll I guess.

Actually I find Ivanovic awful since pre-season, defensively, tactically etc... I wanted to punch the french TV commentators who said he was having a great start of the season considering he scored twice.

You seem pretty hot-tempered and violent for one so young. :lol:

of course he wasn't a fan back then. otherwise he'd remember that back in 04-05 and 05-06 our legend was nowhere near the player that left us last season.

and look how given time, drogba proved all his doubters wrong.

The thing with Didier is while he was inconsistent there was always signs that there was a class player there.

His performance at Anfield in the 4-1 win (his best in a Chelsea shirt even to this day), Bayern Munich both times, Arsenal 1-0, West Ham 4-1 and there was more too, has there been one Torres performance in a Chelsea shirt that suggest's he is or use to be world class? The Old Trafford game last season was about as close as it got, and even in that one he missed a open goal.

Torres is useless. So useless that its better to play with no CF, than playing with Torres. For me its like playing with 10 players when Torres is on the pitch.

I cant believe we still have some guys here supporting him and even trying to see the good things he did, when there is nothing there to see. If Torres scores next game, it will be the same old story: "Torres is back!" "Fuck the haters". Then there will be 6 or 7 games without one single goal.

Anelka was so much better than Torres, but he never got the love some unbelievable people here have for Torres. We are talking about a mercenary, that has no history with Chelsea, never was important for the club. No reason for the love.

I agree with all of that but its a bit harsh to call him a mercenary considering he took a pay cut to move to Liverpool in the first place, which makes the contract we offered him all the more bewildering, surely he would have accepted a minimal pay rise if not the same he was on at Liverpool.

Torres performance in a Chelsea shirt that suggest's he is or use to be world class? The Old Trafford game last season was about as close as it got, and even in that one he missed a open goal.

That is spot on Tomo.. He was class that day and if it wasn't for missing an open goal he would have gone on playing with that form in my opinion. He was sharp, fast and his movement was something else. You see I don't think he has lost a terrific amount of his pace, I think he has lost the desire to score. Watching all the goals he scored for Liverpool he was acting on instinct and tried his hardest for a club he loved. He doesn't love Chelsea, he doesn't have the same desire to score here. He only wants to score to get the monkey of his back that hinders the fact he is a striker playing for one of the biggest clubs int he world. At Liverpool there was no pressure on him to succeed, he was young and hungry. Now he is old and plagued with bad form. His time will never come here at Chelsea all the time he walks around the pitch with his head down.

I'm tired of talking about him, it's been a year and a half and we all repeat the same stuff, i highly doubt he will regain his old form... i just don't know what to do with him.

Put him on the bench and get Danny to say hi to him when they crossover.

Didier Drogba first 2 seasons: 82 matches 32 goals

Fernando Torres thus far: 75 Matches 15 goals

If Drogba was "BAD" in his first two seasons what exactly does that make Torres.

Drogba didn't have the luxury of coming from the same League, knowing the language and knowing the defenders he would face. He had to adapt as much as any other player coming from a different league into the EPL. We expected Torres being used to the EPL not to have such a long "adaptation" period - well Torres is still adapting. Drogba by the end of his second season had became indisputable #1 beating Crespo in the process - while Torres was handed the automatic first 11 spot without actually doing anything to earn it.

that is funny, having to adapt as much as any other player coming from a different league. why don't hazard and mata need any time to adapt?

you can't just generalize players like that.

torres also didn't have and still don't have the luxury of being in the best squad in the league. the squad that managed to win back-to-back league titles.

since you're using stats, please find out how many services drogba received and how many torres received in their respective first few seasons?

and how many times was torres played out of position by ancelotti?

that is funny, having to adapt as much as any other player coming from a different league. why don't hazard and mata need any time to adapt?

you can't just generalize players like that.

torres also didn't have and still don't have the luxury of being in the best squad in the league. the squad that managed to win back-to-back league titles.

since you're using stats, please find out how many services drogba received and how many torres received in their respective first few seasons?

and how many times was torres played out of position by ancelotti?

Nico was played out of position by every manager bar Scolari, but he just got on with it and scored us goals that helped us win trophies.

and stop with the service excuse, he has Oscar, Hazard and Mata behind him yesterday and had arguably his worse performance in a Chelsea shirt.

I hate the fact the club has given him number 1 forward role for doing nothing, Drogba wasn't known as number 1 forward until he well and truly earned that title in his third season here, and when he dropped down to Torres at Chelsea esque form under Scolari he payed for it, as Nico was number 1 for most of the Brazilians reign.

Danny may not be perfect but until we either sign some one or Torres shows a bit of fight to earn the number 1 position, then Danny should be number 1, end off.

Nico was played out of position by every manager bar Scolari, but he just got on with it and scored us goals that helped us win trophies.

and stop with the service excuse, he has Oscar, Hazard and Mata behind him yesterday and had arguably his worse performance in a Chelsea shirt.

I hate the fact the club has given him number 1 forward role for doing nothing, Drogba wasn't known as number 1 forward until he well and truly earned that title in his third season here, and when he dropped down to Torres at Chelsea esque form under Scolari he payed for it, as Nico was number 1 for most of the Brazilians reign.

Danny may not be perfect but until we either sign some one or Torres shows a bit of fight to earn the number 1 position, then Danny should be number 1, end off.

how is 80 something starts in his first two seasons not make him our number 1 forward back then?

like i said, you can't generalise players like that. what works for player a, may not work for player b. it worked for anelka, but it didn't for torres.

against a squad that even manchester city couldn't break down! what the fuck did you expect? a goal fest against stoke?

are you fucking kidding me?

I just hope we are in a good position come January. Because Falcao will definetly be in a Chelsea shirt by then and Torres will hopefully be gone.

Let's face it, we got 1 important goal out him. Cut our losses and move on. The Torres project is as good as dead.

how is 80 something starts in his first two seasons not make him our number 1 forward back then?

like i said, you can't generalise players like that. what works for player a, may not work for player b. it worked for anelka, but it didn't for torres.

against a squad that even manchester city couldn't break down! what the fuck did you expect? a goal fest against stoke?

are you fucking kidding me?

No i didn't expect a goal fest, i expect Torres to get involved a bit more however.

The main point is Didier and Hasselbaink our previous two number one forwards had to work their socks off to earn that title, Torres has just been handed it.

oh, and i will stop with the service excuse when he has CONSISTENLY received PROPER service from our midfield for at least a FULL season, maybe 2.

otherwise, no bloody way will i stop using it.

Do you think that the service argument is going to cut it, every single team in the EPL had a striker with better games to goal ratio than Torres - do you think we are worse than 20 other teams in the EPL at creating chances? Even if that's the case you'd expect Torres to have a few more goals considering he is 7th best player in the World and you'd expect that a top striker won't have to depend entirely on his team mates for his goals.

2011 - 12 Premier League:

RvP(Arsenal) - 48 appearances 37 goals

Rooney (MU)- 44 appearances 35 goals

Agüero(City) - 41 appearance 27 goals

Dempsey (Fulham) - 46 appearance 23 goals

Adebayor(Tottenham) - 37 appearance 18 goals

Yakubu ( Blackburn) - 33 appearances 18 goals

Defoe(Tottenham)- 38 appearance 17 goals

Suarez (Liverpool) - 39 appearances 17 goals

Grant Holt ( Norwich City) - 38 appearances 17 goals

Danny Graham (Swansea) - 39 appearances 14 goals

Crouch ( Stoke City) - 40 appearances 14 goals

Helguson ( QRP) - 34 appearances 13 goals

Steven Fletcher ( Wolves) - 34 appearances 12 goals

Odemwingie (West Brom) - 30 appearances 11 goals

Jelavic (Everton) - 16 appearances 11 goals

TORRES - 49 appearances 11 goals

Darrent Bent (Aston Villa) - 25 appearances 10 goals

Bendtner (Sunderland) - 31 appearances 8 goals

Klasnic ( Bolton) - 29 appearances 8 goals

Franco Di Santo ( Wigan) - 32 appearances 7 goals

Bent - 0.4 goals per match

Klasnic - 0.27 goals per match

Bendtner - 0.25 goals per match

Torres - 0.22 goals per match

Franco Di Santo - 0.21 goals per match

So pretty much he was only better than Wigan's top striker virtually any other team in the EPL had a better forward - those are the stats, talk about service is out of line to say the least. Even if we weren't that good at creating chances last year it would be really rich to say we are worse than all teams in the EPL other than Wigan.

I don't get at all your clichés about the CBs. What I think about that is that a team ending the season as 6th in Premier League cannot win the Champions League if there's no difference between championship performances and europe ones...

Regardless of our weakness, we're more cohesive, focused etc... in CL football.

One more time I don't understand the myth some tend do make people think about Torres, when he has decent service several times a game he's efficient. You just have to look at the figures, they're average for Fernando Torres but you can't say he's miles away from the very best last season. Especially when we look at the amount of chances he's been provided

Please stop with the "he has to move to get the ball". Ending the season as 6th, having sacked the manager and replaced him by a manager who got similar results still people think Fernando Torres is the only responsible player. Just keep doing it wrong

I am not talking about his movement off the ball. It's when he has the ball and try to take on defender, I always feel his dribble success rate in UCL is far higher than in EPL.

In term of Torres overall, I think he is just not suited for us, He is much better playing in liverpool system with high tempo offense plus long quick accurate pass from Alonso and Gerard

oh, and i will stop with the service excuse when he has CONSISTENLY received PROPER service from our midfield for at least a FULL season, maybe 2.

otherwise, no bloody way will i stop using it.

You can use it all you want. You're an idiot, your opinion doesn't count.