Fernando Torres

Drogba has played 12 games he has scored 5 goals and he has got 2 assists. Torres has played 17 games he has 4 goals and 4 assists :lol:. In all comps !

It shows that in stats (which you keep using yourself) that in terms of productivity this season they are on the same level, or that one of them has been slightly better this season.

You seem to be very defensive on Drogba when someone has the audacity to not shower him with praise and worship him like god 24/7. I know that there has been complaints of the increase of Torres fanboys (and girls) who will defend him to the death. But you take the idea of fanboyism to a whole new level. You even get defensive when someone criticizes Lukaku becuase you have taken to the whole "he is the future Drogba" idea.

Sorry Sam but from our conversations the impression I get of you is someone who doesn't (and probably never has) appreciated the complete contribution of Didier Drogba, personally I find it a bit sad that some of our own fans can't even see just how good he has been for us, as Bluelion says, he is very underrated even amongst our own fanbase.

Sorry Sam but from our conversations the impression I get of you is someone who doesn't (and probably never has) appreciated the complete contribution of Didier Drogba, personally I find it a bit sad that some of our own fans can't even see just how good he has been for us, as Bluelion says, he is very underrated even amongst our own fanbase.

Very True , the face Torres has a banner and Drogba does not says it all!

His goals will forever be in my memory as one of the greatest Chelsea Strikers of the PL era , that goal against liverpool ( the turn and volly) says everything.

Very True , the face Torres has a banner and Drogba does not says it all!

His goals will forever be in my memory as one of the greatest Chelsea Strikers of the PL era , that goal against liverpool ( the turn and volly) says everything.

Ye that pisses me off a bit aswell mate but again, he is insanely underrated, even amongst his own fans.

Again, its not becuase I'm ignorant to what he can contribute to the team. Its the fact that he is often too incosistant with his perfomances. He can have games like against Valencia for a few matches and then become a total liability on the pitch. I always cheer himwhen he deliver the goods ut always get frustrated when he plays shit yet some fans seem want everybody to not criticize him and not "disrespect him".

Again, its not becuase I'm ignorant to what he can contribute to the team. Its the fact that he is often too incosistant with his perfomances. He can have games like against Valencia for a few matches and then become a total liability on the pitch. I always cheer himwhen he deliver the goods ut always get frustrated when he plays shit yet some fans seem want everybody to not criticize him and not "disrespect him".

To be fair though there are a couple of reasons why Chelsea fans are less inclined to criticise him.

The first is because he has been our great player during the club's most successful period, that contribution to our club's success does not go unappreciated.

The second is that even when he is playing poorly he can still pop up with an incredible moment and his attitude is almost always the right one and even during his poor performances he still contributes something to the team because that is the kind of player he is and a key difference between him and Torres.

And the third is because I, like a lot of people, simply respect the leadership and commitment he brings to the squad.

To be fair though there are a couple of reasons why Chelsea fans are less inclined to criticise him.

The first is because he has been our great player during the club's most successful period, that contribution to our club's success does not go unappreciated.

The second is that even when he is playing poorly he can still pop up with an incredible moment and his attitude is almost always the right one and even during his poor performances he still contributes something to the team because that is the kind of player he is and a key difference between him and Torres.

And the third is because I, like a lot of people, simply respect the leadership and commitment he brings to the squad.

Well unfortunatly, my philosophy is that you appreciate a players contribution after he leaves the club. It sounds like people are willing to let him to underperform and not criticize it becuase of reputation. We should be focusing on the now and its vital that players try and preform well every game.

I am looking forward to the day he will no more be one of our player.

I third this. I've been saying for months and will do, we are lacking a goalscorer, thank god didi found some form or we would be in all kinds of trouble, Torres looks worse now than when he joined.

Didi played very good against Valencia, bud he is not the old Drog and will never be, dont fool yourself ( but he is a legend, and will always be one of the greatest in this club).

Torres sitting on the bench is not gonna help him, only making him worse, if possible. Nobody shall tell me Boas belives in Torres, even if he says so.

Agreed. Torres is a liability.

I third this. I've been saying for months and will do, we are lacking a goalscorer, thank god didi found some form or we would be in all kinds of trouble, Torres looks worse now than when he joined.

Yep.

The thing is that he is a bad thing on three aspects :

- On a sportif aspect : He doesn't provide goals - which is supossed to be a striker's job - and neither assist or threat on goal.

- On a financial aspect : He costs us £180k a week for doing nothing, so this is a big dead weight in our wage structure.

- On a media aspect : because of him, media over-analyse each and every one of our games, and he brings hatred and mockery from other teams' fan.

Ps : oh, and this way the striker playing instead of him won't anymore get stick from the ladyboy's fanclub.

Torres sitting on the bench doesnt help confidence.Torres starting/coming off the bench having a shite game and not scoring also doesnt help confidence!!

He's had his wonder moments it seems and sadly we were years to late..Liverpool had him when he was playing well...we got him when he wasnt playing so well and hasnt done well then.He has started to look like the old Torres for a game then next week go back to old one..this whole move has just been diaster really for us and him

And its a shame because it has been all eyes on him that probably didnt help...every move over anyalsed and the fact Liverpool got Carrol for a daft price is also shite is inored but :(

And if he does move no doubt he'll become amazing again lol but just not there at the moment

Im probally going to get pasted for this but we should seriously consider seling him in January if we get a substantial offer, in the region of £20-30m. He is still a world class forward and some side would probally take a punt on him.

Sadly i think Torres and Chelsea is like Duff and Newcastle, they just don't fit, like Damien Duff for example was amazing for Chelsea and Blackburn, shocking for Newcastle then he signed for Fulham and we started to see the old Duff again.

If we can't get a substantial offer then we really have to consider loaning him to a Spanish side for 6 months, prey for the love of god he can pick up form then we get a decent fee for him in the summer.

We could look at this another way, Torres persuaded Mata to join Chelsea so if Torres does leave for next to nothing we could just pretend we spent £73m on Mata :lol:

We could look at this another way, Torres persuaded Mata to join Chelsea so if Torres does leave for next to nothing we could just pretend we spent £73m on Mata :lol:

Hahaha!!!!!

And sold a lot of shirts :D probably not a great thing for those who brought the shirts mind

Didi played very good against Valencia, bud he is not the old Drog and will never be, dont fool yourself ( but he is a legend, and will always be one of the greatest in this club).

Torres sitting on the bench is not gonna help him, only making him worse, if possible. Nobody shall tell me Boas belives in Torres, even if he says so.

I don't think anyone is saying that it is the Drogba of old, we aren't stupid, we know time takes its toll on players buteven a 33 year old past his prime Drogba is still a much better option than the Chelsea version of Fernando Torres. Torres sitting on the bench isn't going to help anyone? I'd beg to differ, I'd say there are 11 Chelsea players on the pitch who benefit from him not being there.