Fernando Torres

André did back him. Torres started for a whole month or so this season, while Drogba bided his time on the bench. Torres continued to follow a trend of "1 step forward, 2 steps backwards". We've heard all the excuses, 'poor service', 'lack of faith', etc.

Well those are all void now. Look at Drogba's final goal last night, how he held the line and waited for Mata to thread that ball in for him. When has Torres demonstrated this desire on the pitch? I've had enough of him. I backed him all year & understood his frustrations. But there's no interest or passion from him at Chelsea. I personally feel, if he went back to Spain (to Leti) he'd find his happiness again & passion for the game.. Thus, doing well.

But it won't happen here, at Chelsea.

How long did we have to wait until drogba was at his best for chelsea?

You dont seem to realise that all strikers need time when they come to chelsea and drogba was at his best yesterday because he played the game that he is good at and not the high line football..there is no point in us to depend on him for long, he is 33 and leaving in the summer!

so it would make more sense to TRY and get the best out of torres and if i dosnt happen sell him in the summer transfer window!

And i have to say torres did show a lot in the swansea game(until he got sent off) and utd game, drogba was on fire yesterday but before that he was not any better!

You were making fun of drogba and now after one good game he suddenly is the best again!

Bringing in Luka Modric was vital for the success of Torres. Our failure to do that has led to another miserable six months for Fernando.

If someone offers a cheeky 20-25m pound bid, I can see us taking it this January.

we brought in Mata ,,other strikers seem to be able to benefit from his service

How long did we have to wait until drogba was at his best for chelsea?

You dont seem to realise that all strikers need time when they come to chelsea and drogba was at his best yesterday because he played the game that he is good at and not the high line football..there is no point in us to depend on him for long, he is 33 and leaving in the summer!

so it would make more sense to TRY and get the best out of torres and if i dosnt happen sell him in the summer transfer window!

And i have to say torres did show a lot in the swansea game(until he got sent off) and utd game, drogba was on fire yesterday but before that he was not any better!

Why did we wait for Drogba though? Because he came from a different country, a different league. We knew nothing of his assets or anything.

We watch Torres for the better part of 4years. Destroying our own defence, and others. We saw him become one of the most feared strikers in the world at Liverpool. We have a right to demand some return from the investment within 12months.

"1 step forward, 2 backwards". That is not a good return for the reputation that he's earned for himself.

Why did we wait for Drogba though? Because he came from a different country, a different league. We knew nothing of his assets or anything.

We watch Torres for the better part of 4years. Destroying our own defence, and others. We saw him become one of the most feared strikers in the world at Liverpool. We have a right to demand some return from the investment within 12months.

"1 step forward, 2 backwards". That is not a good return for the reputation that he's earned for himself.

It is true that you have to wait a bit longer for players from different leagues BUT liverpool play different football than we do so in my eyes it was clear that he needed some time to adapt! And i have to say he is taking WAY to long! All that i am saying is we should no give up on him just yet and play him because he could be the future and drogba will not be our future! "1 step forward, 2 backwards" that is also true but like i said he could still make it happen!

We paid 50mil and AVB said he would still pay that much so wheres youre trust in torres?

André did back him. Torres started for a whole month or so this season, while Drogba bided his time on the bench. Torres continued to follow a trend of "1 step forward, 2 steps backwards". We've heard all the excuses, 'poor service', 'lack of faith', etc.

Well those are all void now. Look at Drogba's final goal last night, how he held the line and waited for Mata to thread that ball in for him. When has Torres demonstrated this desire on the pitch? I've had enough of him. I backed him all year & understood his frustrations. But there's no interest or passion from him at Chelsea. I personally feel, if he went back to Spain (to Leti) he'd find his happiness again & passion for the game.. Thus, doing well.

But it won't happen here, at Chelsea.

This. I'd give you +10 rep for that if possible.

i can think of many matches where torres tore up the opposition, sunderland, swansea, man utd, valencia, genk, just to name a few, and with all the new signings and tactics, it was going to take awhile before everyone settled in, even when drogba was our CF some games it looked TERRIBLE (and dont say otherwise)...

now we have mata getting more and more used to the system and danny making those blistering runs, along with now our mostly settled starters in midfield that el nino never had then when everyone was trying to settle...

i still remember torres having like 15 minutes against newcastle and having an assist and could of had a goal if danny would pass which he only seems to do when didier is in...

i just dont get it...

has he performed like we all dreamt? no...

is he done for this club yet? no...

Torres has completely wasted his chance, he's had almost a whole year here now as first choice, injury free and now Drogba is the main man again. Drogs may not produce for large spells but he's a beast and can hit u anytime. He has scored goals even when playing shit. Torres has to wait for the African Nations Cup now.

i can think of many matches where torres tore up the opposition, sunderland, swansea, man utd, valencia, genk, just to name a few

"to name a few"... few being the keyword, because these are the only games where he has managed to impress (not up to his old standards, but still impressed in his Chelsea standard, which isn't exactly high).. and we all know what happened in the Utd. game, he was doing well but he still managed the miss.. Hence the "1 step forward, 2 step backwards" analogy. And not to mention the Swansea game, that's probably even a better example of that analogy. When he's being good, he still manages to suck and fuck all up.

He is probably going to have to wait until the ACN starts before he starts and has a run of game again. It seems AVB has his front three sorted it seems.

Indeed. I really hope he keeps this 3, consistently.. Bar the occasional change, to rest some of them.

It's the midfield he must now decide on, though rotation is doing Lampard well. It seems he's fully decided Luiz - Terry is working well.

"to name a few"... few being the keyword, because these are the only games where he has managed to impress (not up to his old standards, but still impressed in his Chelsea standard, which isn't exactly high).. and we all know what happened in the Utd. game, he was doing well but he still managed the miss.. Hence the "1 step forward, 2 step backwards" analogy. And not to mention the Swansea game, that's probably even a better example of that analogy. When he's being good, he still manages to suck and fuck all up.

aside from his steps back, torres has had more games looking better than DD... maybe not consistant, but the team wasnt consistant...