Fernando Torres

I can't say i'm optimistic about him, just don't agree with this - "he continues to show no passion or interest in the game"

And you didn't see any desire from him against Wolves? or Newcastle?

Fair enough.

I saw glimpses, but not a constant desire. Which worries me.. Because he's the type to totally disappear when things aren't going well.

I have no doubt that Torres does try hard to make himself useful, but my biggest fear is what'll happen if he goes into another slump? How long will it be before he can pull out of that one? And many people say that the support from midfield is so poor, that Torres has nothing to work with. Now suppose we had Modric as well as Mata.. Its not as if these two players would be available in every game....Does that mean Torres will work only if the "right" players are behind him? I certainly hope he can pull himself together and prove to all his doubters that he's not just here for the trophies...

I have no doubt that Torres does try hard to make himself useful, but my biggest fear is what'll happen if he goes into another slump? How long will it be before he can pull out of that one? And many people say that the support from midfield is so poor, that Torres has nothing to work with. Now suppose we had Modric as well as Mata.. Its not as if these two players would be available in every game....Does that mean Torres will work only if the "right" players are behind him? I certainly hope he can pull himself together and prove to all his doubters that he's not just here for the trophies...

Exactly.

Both Drogba & Sturridge have managed to get Mata's excellent delivery and be able to score. So it's not like service is as weak as we make out. Torres has failed to also capitalise on this, failed to use his strength to get past defenders.

(for those who don't believe he has strength, reference his goal in the Euro 2008 final).

But Torres has rarely been played with Mata (when he was he played well). He seems to be constantly teamed with Lampard and Malouda.

This is very true.

They've both started together against - Leverkusen, Man utd, Swansea, Valencia, and Arsenal.

Apart from the Arsenal game, he played well in the others.

It's now been almost a year and I am still in shock and disbelief that we blew 50m on him.

The footballing world is truly strange, in fact, I think regular people would make better managers/owners based on the transfers that occured in these past few years.

It looks like he will leave this January, and for a fee of 25-30m, I'd drive him to the destination myself. One thing is true though, Torres is a confidence player. And anyone who thinks you will get confidence from sitting on the bench + playing 7 minutes is completely wrong.

It looks like he will leave this January, and for a fee of 25-30m, I'd drive him to the destination myself. One thing is true though, Torres is a confidence player. And anyone who thinks you will get confidence from sitting on the bench + playing 7 minutes is completely wrong.

Based on what are you stating he will be out in January, also where did you make up that sum of money from?

It's now been almost a year and I am still in shock and disbelief that we blew 50m on him.

The footballing world is truly strange, in fact, I think regular people would make better managers/owners based on the transfers that occured in these past few years.

Let's just call this a fifty mill investment in marketing... a la Beckham in LA, only with lesser impact

I doubt that he will leave in January because Drogba will be going to the ACN and AVB has said he won't use Sturridge as a striker so we don't have anyone to play up top. Also it's likely that we'll be getting a CB and possibly a creative midfielder in January so I don't think we'll get a striker as well. And anyway the best strikers will all be cup-tied for the CL

Think we'll stick with him til the summer and then let him go.

I just feel like his hearts not in football anymore and as RZA has said, he needs to go back to Spain to find it again

Based on what are you stating he will be out in January, also where did you make up that sum of money from?

I am not stating, I am just hopeful that he leaves this transfer window. And that sum is likely the highest anyone would offer us. He also only plays 10 mins a game, even though Didier looks exhausted from the first half. Does that look like trust from the manager to you?

Let's just call this a fifty mill investment in marketing... a la Beckham in LA, only with lesser impact

:doh:

I doubt that he will leave in January because Drogba will be going to the ACN and AVB has said he won't use Sturridge as a striker so we don't have anyone to play up top. Also it's likely that we'll be getting a CB and possibly a creative midfielder in January so I don't think we'll get a striker as well. And anyway the best strikers will all be cup-tied for the CL

Think we'll stick with him til the summer and then let him go.

I just feel like his hearts not in football anymore and as RZA has said, he needs to go back to Spain to find it again

The more time passes and he sits on the bench the more his value goes down. I won't be surprised should he leave on a free or a ridiculously low fee in a few years. Should we get a proper winger in January, why wouldn't Sturridge do a job as a central striker for roughly five matches?

via skysports

There has been speculation on whether Chelsea will sign players to replace the gaps in the squad, but Villas-Boas has confidence in the players he has at the moment.

"We have to make a decision," the Portuguese said of his forward line.

"Fernando (Torres) is there for that position, (Daniel) Sturridge and (Romelu) Lukaku. I think that's enough options."

torres isnt going anywhere, he isnt done for chelsea, just stop all this nonsense and just have faith in the man and back him...

we invested the money no lets just play it out... he'll come good... we still need him...

via skysports

There has been speculation on whether Chelsea will sign players to replace the gaps in the squad, but Villas-Boas has confidence in the players he has at the moment.

"We have to make a decision," the Portuguese said of his forward line.

"Fernando (Torres) is there for that position, (Daniel) Sturridge and (Romelu) Lukaku. I think that's enough options."

torres isnt going anywhere, he isnt done for chelsea, just stop all this nonsense and just have faith in the man and back him...

we invested the money no lets just play it out... he'll come good... we still need him...

We may wish him the best, but it doesn't mean it will happen. What indications do you have that he will return to his best? I genuinely like the guy but we are wasting 180k per week for roughly 20mins of gametime.

Should a team like PSG or Anzhi come in with a decent bid, AVB should consider it. It's not too late, we can still recoup 50% of our investment and save on the wages too.

January sans Drogba with the replacements being Torres, Lukaku (very little Premier League experience and still rough around the edges) and Sturridge (our starting right winger, we haven't got a quality right wing replacement) being the 3 replacements really does worry me.

I want to see a front line of Mata Torres and Sturridge with Meireles playing also. If he fails to score for 90mins in a lineup like then it's fair for me to say - thank you and goodbye. As it was said already, January will be essential for him.