Fernando Torres

Couldn't care whether he starts hitting 20 goals a season for them, always tried for us, effort was there even if his body wasn't physically up to the peaks he had in Liverpool due to whatever injuries.

That goal against Barca will forever have him in my heart #neverforget #nevillemegaorgasm

So happy for the guy. I haven't watch watched Atleti this season but from what little I've seen, they really play to his strengths. When they get the ball, there's no messing around. They play very direct and try to get the bal to him when he's on the run.

At the least, he seems happy.

He has had a few of these mini spells which has people falling over themselves claiming he's back then he quickly resorts to type.

He hasn't really been "back" for a while now, and Simeone knows it. That's he why doesn't start him all the time, and isn't unafraid to hook him at half time. The fact is, Torres is playing decent and under no pressure, thus making him a good backup to Mandzukic

• 3 weeks later...
Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres has sent a feisty jibe toward his former manager Jose Mourinho, claiming the Chelsea boss can only be successful when splashing cash.

“They’re very different,” he told AS, when comparing Mourinho to Diego Simeone.

“It’s difficult to compare, because it’s not the same being on a team where you have players you want, spend the money you want and after that they win, that’s what makes Mourinho.

“That’s not easy. And with Simeone the experience you have with Atleti is winning with other resources.

"I don't know what Mourinho would do at Atletico or Simeone at Chelsea. What I like is that they are very intelligent to adapt to what they have."

Torres joined Chelsea for a staggering £50 million transfer fee in 2011, but fell out of favour under Mourinho.

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres has sent a feisty jibe toward his former manager Jose Mourinho, claiming the Chelsea boss can only be successful when splashing cash.

“It’s difficult to compare, because it’s not the same being on a team where you have players you want, spend the money you want and after that they win, that’s what makes Mourinho.

“That’s not easy. And with Simeone the experience you have with Atleti is winning with other resources.

"I don't know what Mourinho would do at Atletico or Simeone at Chelsea. What I like is that they are very intelligent to adapt to what they have."

Torres joined Chelsea for a staggering £50 million transfer fee in 2011, but fell out of favour under Mourinho.

He seems to spend more time talking off the pitch than actually 'talking' on it...

Well we spent 50m on him and seemed to struggle to find a goal up front for a long period of time. I guess he forgot about that.

Btw for all the praises Torres has been getting since getting back all he has done so far is 3 goals against Barca and Real+ an assist for Mario for the 4-0 win. Against all the other teams like today he did nothing worthy again.

At Inter he had funds too for Quaresma, Sneijder, Millito...etc so aprart from Porto it is true tbh.

Porto he inherited a mess and won them back to back titles and a CL on a NEGATIVE net spend.

Inter he had a relitevely low net spend and won the treble.

Chelsea mark 2 he has turned an unbalanced mess off a squad into genuine title material and not far off being amongst the best in Europe. To put it in perspective LVG spent 150m and United are still in a state.

That's before I mention his work at Leira, Portugals version of Charlton (he can't work miracles with a small club with little budget apparently).

Chelsea mark 1 and Real are the only times he has had anywhere near the amount of funds people suggest, 2 jobs out of 6, 7 if you include Benfica but I ain't that cheeky.