UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Lichtsteiner is a far superior right-back to Ivanovic.

Barzagli is superior to Cahill and Luiz easily, as is Chiellini.

Terry is probably even with Barzagli if I'm to be completely un-bias, while we have the superior left-back.

I really don't see how that's a even at all.

Also, the support of the fans has a lot to do with everything.

When Newcastle United fans were singing "Your support is fucking shit, your support is fucking shit" a few weeks ago, our fans hid for a few minutes while Newcastle went through a spell of possession. Support can be the "12th man."

The whole support of a City didn't seem to help Bayern, did it? Did it help Barcelona? I thought so. So it has nothing to do with anything. Ivanovic has gone through a rough patch. He is better than Lichtsteiner though. Azpilicueta could even be better than Lichtsteiner. Barzagli is not easily better than Cahill. Luiz perhaps.

Lichsteiner is a beast, it is unfair to compare him to Lichsteiner because I dont really consider Ivan a natural RB. We will still try to dictate the game even in London, we play possession. It should be a really interesting tactical battle.

The whole support of a City didn't seem to help Bayern, did it? Did it help Barcelona? I thought so. So it has nothing to do with anything. Ivanovic has gone through a rough patch. He is better than Lichtsteiner though. Azpilicueta could even be better than Lichtsteiner. Barzagli is not easily better than Cahill. Luiz perhaps.

So... you're saying "support has nothing to do with anything" due to us beating 2 teams last season? ... ._____.

As has been reported by numerous outlets, and as all followers of Bundesliga know, Bayern Munich supporters don't 'support' their team the whole game. They boo their players often; such as Robben, for any slip-ups they make (unless they're a club legend.)

I don't understand how you can use Barcelona as an example either. Every single goal we scored against Barcelona last season was a 'lucky' (as some would call it) counter-attack break; twice initiated by Ramires. Aside from that, we barely left our own half.

I'm not trying to sound condescending, but how much of Lichtsteiner have you seen to confidently say "He (Ivanovic) is better than Lichsteiner"?

To then mention Azpilicueta who hasn't even played a professional game for us yet is just... foolish. He cannot and should not be compared to anyone by our fans; unless of course you watched him a lot last season with Marseille?

No. Barzagli is. Every single area of his game is superior. Watch a few games of Juventus's last season if you want to really get into this.

He was certainly amongst the top 10 central defenders last season as any credible follower of Serie A, pundit or journalist will confirm.

Finally, as for 'Ivanovic going through a rough patch', that's not good enough.

When we talk about players coming up to a game and who's 'better', form is what's being talked about.

Otherwise we'd be saying we have the best striker in the world, the best box-to-box midfielder in the world (Essien) and one of the top 3 central defenders in the world (Terry.)

Barzagli? I'd say Luiz when hes playing like he did against Benfica, is better than him. He had a good Euros and that but he isn't world class. Chiellini is their best CB who is probably on par with/just better than JT. Then Lucio despite being 34, isn't far behind Chiellini. Italian teams are known for being brilliant teams defensively which automatically makes everyone think their CBs are all world class. I agree with Leif about the whole Lichtsteiner thing tbh, I've always though that Branna isn't suited to being a RB but I don't agree about Barzagli being on par with JT and co. I'm not being extremely biased, just a bit. :Goober:

I can't see any other result than a Draw at your stadium. At the Bridge we should win. Arrogance? No, a rightful sense of confidence, from being 'Champions of Europe'. :)

Really? You can't see us beating you? I am not saying we will but that is very confident. By that standard you should have bet Atletico as you were the Champions of Europe. I am not being a smart ass but rather just questioning how winning the CL last year means you wont lose lol.

Is Bonucci good?

He has improved greatly, he looks far better when playing alongside Chiello and Barzagli, on his day he can be very good. He looks to have a good future. He also had a good Euro.

Really? You can't see us beating you? I am not saying we will but that is very confident. By that standard you should have bet Atletico as you were the Champions of Europe. I am not being a smart ass but rather just questioning how winning the CL last year means you wont lose lol..

That was a meaningless game which we didn't show up for. Furthermore, you have no Falcao. It was Falcao who raped us. In fact very few players other than Falcao could do that to us.

Also, perhaps I'm overconfident but its about damn time. I think we can take you on. Yes I don't see you beating us if we play at our best which is easier said than done.

That was a meaningless game which we didn't show up for. Furthermore, you have no Falcao. In fact very few players other than Falcao could do that to us.

So a group stage in the Champions league is more important than a super cup final? The second part makes no sense really.

So a group stage in the Champions league is more important than a super cup final? The second part makes no sense really.

*Sigh*. Yes, perhaps you don't know but English teams don't take things like the Super Cup or Club World Cup seriously. The Champions League is far more important to us, especially as we are now defending champions.

Secondly, I don't know how you don't get the second part. Quite straightforward. You have no player who is on the level of Falcao. Normal players can't really rip us apart like that. The world's best striker was out to prove something that night. Throw in the 'not showing up/defenders collectively having the worst game in their careers' and it's probably a one off.

*Sigh*. Yes, perhaps you don't know but English teams don't tale things like the Super Cup or Club World Cup seriously. Secondly, I don't know how you don't get the second part. Quite straightforward.

You have no player who is on the level of Falcao. Normal players can't really rip us apart like that. The world's best striker who was out to prove something. Throw in the 'not showing up/defenders collectively having the worst game in their careers' and it's probably a one off.

I understand what you meant but really it doesn't make sense as we still have good strikers that can score goals. You don't need Falcao to do that.

I understand what you meant but really it doesn't make sense as we still have good strikers that can score goals. You don't need Falcao to do that.

I and many others can't see any of your strikers ripping us apart. Falcao is something else. A different Animal altogether.

Yes, but really not many strikers could have scored the 3 goals Falcao did, especially that 2nd one, damn.

Anyway i wish we still had Drogba, he'd bully Juve's 3 defenders, as opposed to Torres who won't show up after Chiellini tackles him once.