UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

If we play like that (Super Cup) against Juventus they will be looking forward to it. RDM needs to get it together.

they will get it together. anything we do next will be an improvement.

but the defensive mishaps are worrying now. a defence which kept an attack of cavani, lavezzi, hamsik and maggio at bay a mere 6 months ago suddenly can't handle falcao and adrian? me thinks its because we are not regaining our defensive shape quickly after an attack

Juve fans will be rubbing their hands now. I put Juve as a similar level as Atletico. If they are as efficient as Atletico are settled, we're in trouble. The whole world has just witnessed Chelsea 12/13. It's a rather fragile one you'd say.

don't worry mate, it's just the beginning.. you are not in perfect shape and one game won't change the fact that this is the same team that won the CL last year, with some new great players like Hazard. we are not rubbing hands, just excited for the challenge!

Let's just say that in the first match of Serie A last week, we didn't show a great shape either, but we were lucky that we didn't play against a really good team

like Atlético Madrid. I think that in 18 days both teams we'll be in their best shape, or really close to it. Of course I hope we'll play like Atlético, but I'm pretty sure that Chelsea will

recover from the bad performance we saw last night.

PHEW!

Juventus will definitely not be as hard as some people think.

Juventus have looked incredibly weak since Conte's ban, they don't have a prolific striker, and their defence keeps experiencing injuries.

Their midfield is incredible though. Vidal + Asamoah will destroy any ball near them and Pirlo will pass 'round Mikel for fun.

our starting defence is fine and we won the supercoppa. I guess we have looked incredibly weak of late :P

It would be foolish to write off Galatasaray, achieving a result in Turkey is very difficult. I expect the Cimbom to finish as the runners-up of group H behind Manchester United with Braga & CFR Cluj missing out. Group D promises several enticing encounters with the champions of England, Spain, Germany and Holland all forced into a single group. One would expect Real Madrid to come out on top, with the last place up for grabs being decided by either Manchester City or Dortmund. Group of death, most definitely. And finally, from a Chelsea perspective, there should be no struggle in reaching the knock-out rounds with a fairly easy-average group - Juventus should be the only side capable of harming us.

Juve just won against Udinese 4-1.Goals scored by Vidal (penalty), Vucinic, Giovinco, Giovinco.

Yeah, Di Matteo was there watching the game and taking notes. I'm hearing Lichtsteiner had an excellent game? If so, then be prepared to see him marked out of the game with Chelsea playing both Cole & Bertrand on the left. ;)

Yeah, Di Matteo was there watching the game and taking notes. I'm hearing Lichtsteiner had an excellent game? If so, then be prepared to see him marked out of the game with Chelsea playing both Cole & Bertrand on the left. ;)

No one had a great game.Today juve was really slow, but that because Udinese played in 10 player for 80'.We'll see both Chelsea and Juve at their maximum when they we'll face each other, and i can't wait!

Our CL squad has been announced:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2910233?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We have today announced our Champions League squad for the 2012/13 season, ahead of our opening fixture against Juventus on September 19.

The squad is:

A List

1. Petr Cech

2. Branislav Ivanovic

3. Ashley Cole

4. David Luiz

6. Oriol Romeu

7. Ramires

8. Frank Lampard

9. Fernando Torres

10. Juan Mata

11. Oscar