UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

I am not saying one of our strikers will score three and win the game for us but to claim we wont win the game because we dont have Falcao is odd. I mean we don't need a striker to score freak goals out of nothing. We create enough.

I am not saying one of our strikers will score three and win the game for us but to claim we wont win the game because we dont have Falcao is odd. I mean we don't need a striker to score freak goals out of nothing. We create enough.

You are the one who brought up the Super Cup. Of course you can score goals but Falcao made us look worse than what we are.

You are the one who brought up the Super Cup. Of course you can score goals but Falcao made us look worse than what we are.

We had a really poor game and it will be unfair to say that Falcao was the only one who dismantled our defense.Athletico's number 10 Turan did pretty well too and to say that Juventus won't be able to beat us is quite cocky as they finished last season with just one defeat.

We had a really poor game and it will be unfair to say that Falcao was the only one who dismantled our defense.Athletico's number 10 Turan did pretty well too and to say that Juventus won't be able to beat us is quite cocky as they finished last season with just one defeat.

In Seria A. A league on the decline.

I used it as an example in response to you saying

I can't see any other result than a Draw at your stadium. At the Bridge we should win. Arrogance? No, a rightful sense of confidence, from being 'Champions of Europe'.

I didn't mean it in the fashion that you lost but rather to the fact that you said you can't see any other result in Turin other than a draw. You then claimed that it was because you are Champions of Europe.

The funny thing is, Juventus and Chelsea are probably the only 2 teams I can think of who don't rely on their striker scoring the goals.

Most goals from both teams come from midfield.

I used it as an example in response to you saying

I didn't mean it in the fashion that you lost but rather to the fact that you said you can't see any other result in Turin other than a draw. You then claimed that it was because you are Champions of Europe.

I claimed nothing of the sort. I claimed I was confident due to us being Champions of Europe. I didn't say we will beat you solely due to the label Champions of Europe.

I claimed nothing of the sort. I claimed I was confident due to us being Champions of Europe. I didn't say we will beat you solely due to the label Champions of Europe.

You didn't say you would win but you said that we wouldn't win.

So the is the EPL arguably.

.......You must be talking about another EPL, otherwise you're living on another planet.

You didn't say you would win but you said that we wouldn't win.

Yes but not due to the label of 'Champions of Europe'. How many times must I say that?

.......You must be talking about another EPL, otherwise you're living on another planet.

Yes but not due to the label of 'Champions of Europe'. How many times must I say that?

Well due to what then?

Yes the EPL is not on the level it was a few years back.

Well due to what then?

Yes the EPL is not on the level it was a few years back.

Yes that explains why an English team won the Champions League. It also explains why there are are 6/7 top/very competitive teams in the league, probably more than any other top league in the world. It also explains why we're attracting world class players and potential world class young players.

Hopefully you realise what a ridiculous statement you have just made. The EPL is on the way back up again. In a big way too. While Serie A is going down the drain.

Yes that explains why an English team won the Champions League. It also explains why there are are 6 top teams in the league, probably more than any other top league in the world. It also explains why we're attracting world class players and potential world class young players.

Hopefully you realise what a ridiculous statement you have just made. The EPL is on the way back up again. In a big way too. While Serie A is going down the drain.

Inter won the CL in 2009/10, Serie A still was in Decline. 6 top teams? The only teams I would consider some of the best in Europe are Chelsea, City, Man U to an extent (the latter who aren't as strong as they have been). Of course you attracting some of the best players, there is a lot of money in the premier league, it on the way up. It doesn't mean it is at the same levels it was a few years back. I said this because you used Serie A on decline as a way of making our unbeaten season look a smaller feat than it was.

But why don't you answer the other question first.

Inter won the CL in 2009/10, Serie A still was in Decline. 6 top teams? The only teams I would consider some of the best in Europe are Chelsea, City, Man U to an extent (the latter who aren't as strong as they have been). Of course you attracting some of the best players, there is a lot of money in the premier league. It doesn't mean it is at the same levels it was a few years back. But why don't you answer the other question first.

1. Due to us being a better team

2. The EPL is on the way up and is actually already the best league in the world. Fact. Serie A is on the way down. Fact. Milan and Inter have become weak.

1. Due to us being a better team

2. The EPL is on the way up and is actually already the best league in the world. Fact. Serie A is on the way down. Fact. Milan and Inter have become weak.

So we cant win because you are the better team?

Serie A has declined, I never denied that lol. I never said it wasn't I just said it isn't at the same levels it has been.

Hardly, if anything Serie A is getting closer. The last 2 league titles in England have been decided by who was the least shit. Italy meanwhile is improving in leaps and bounds and should the PL continue at current rate, will probably surpass England in 5 or so seasons.

Let's have a cursory glance at the major teams in the Premier League:

Man United- worst team in 20 years.

Man City- should be much better than they are but Mancini is clueless.

Chelsea- worst team since Roman took over.

Liverpool- worst team since, what, the 60s?

Arsenal- worst team since Wenger took over.

Spurs- only there because everyone else is shit.

Newcastle- ditto.

Everton- ditto.

Compared with Serie A:

Juventus- best team since pre-Calciopoli.

AC Milan- declining massively, probably around Newcastle's level now.

Inter- slowly improving, but still a pretty average team.

Napoli- best team in 2 decades.

Udinese- fantastic youth talent coming through, they are at the best they have been for a long time.

Lazio- best team since they were the original sugar daddy club in the late 90s.

Roma- in Liverpool's boat. Down and staying down.

Most of the major teams are improving at various rates, while most of the PL's major teams are declining.

Fact: No team in England would have won Serie A 2011/12.

Fact: Juventus and AC Milan from last season would have lol'd their way to the PL title.