The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these short term appointments are pointless. We're just making the club more unstable.

The next manager needs to be given at least 2 full seasons in order to create stability.

Hopefully the stability will help our youngsters ease into the first team squad over the coming seasons..

If Capello gets the nod & wants to stick around for a longer period of time, that's great.

I just don't want a successful 6 months under Capello..and then he decides to leave...which leaves us with another average manager in charge..

This is a fantasy, a myth.

Longevity simply doesn't exist anymore, and you could make the argument that it doesn't need to exist. The fact is, any manager we hire will have their days numbered if consistency isn't delivered. So if the next manager were to win us the treble next season, he'd be fired if that wasn't repeated the next.

Such is the way at Chelsea that we thrive upon "new manager syndrome" that we have to keep reverting to that.

This is a fantasy, a myth.

Longevity simply doesn't exist anymore, and you could make the argument that it doesn't need to exist. The fact is, any manager we hire will have their days numbered if consistency isn't delivered. So if the next manager were to win us the treble next season, he'd be fired if that wasn't repeated the next.

Such is the way at Chelsea that we thrive upon "new manager syndrome" that we have to keep reverting to that.

Except this season its backfired and we've gone the opposite way with new manager syndrome and just been much crappier

Except this season its backfired and we've gone the opposite way with new manager syndrome and just been much crappier

Definitely. Someone as despised as Benitez would never have such an effect.

But the argument is there. You can say Di Matteo was the epitome of 'new manager syndrome' with his fresh laid-back approach guiding us to monumental success. Guus Hiddink had the same effect too.

JFH Top man

"That’s the problem and that’s what you have to focus on. You can say,
‘They [the fans] never took to me, blah, blah, blah’, but he knew when
he signed that it was going to be an issue. If you want to get them on
your side, then you have to get results and at least be close to Man
United or Man City and they have dropped too many points. Fans are
going to be fans and they make the club, so why attack them? You win
them over by getting results. For me, the biggest fact for that was
because John Terry wasn’t around. He keeps everything together at the
back and whatever people say, you win more games with him than you
lose."

JFH Top man

lose."

This is a no brainer, a headless chicken could figure it out. Yet, the FSW cant seem to grasp that! :angry:

This is a no brainer, a headless chicken could figure it out. Yet, the FSW cant seem to grasp that! :angry:

He can grasp it, just hasnt the selfrecockingspect to walk away. Hes just a greedy cunt who wants to get sacked and then paid off.

Good to have our previous top scorer come out and say it - the club could do a lot worse than use him for PR.

All hail the legend and his 'death stare'

JFH Top man

lose."

Do you have a link for this article? I would like to read the rest of it if I could.

Ron Gourlay had just come out to the press and stated that the clubs priority is a top 4 finish, Benitez doesnt seem to know this as he keeps failing to rest our key players in the EL and FA, id rather finish top 4 to be honest than winning any of those. The money and attraction of CL is just to valuable to lose, I think Benitez wouldnt even care if we finish outside of the top 4 since he wont stay any longer anyway, he just want to show the world he can win a trophy.

Ron Gourlay had just come out to the press and stated that the clubs priority is a top 4 finish, Benitez doesnt seem to know this as he keeps failing to rest our key players in the EL and FA, id rather finish top 4 to be honest than winning any of those. The money and attraction of CL is just to valuable to lose, I think Benitez wouldnt even care if we finish outside of the top 4 since he wont stay any longer anyway, he just want to show the world he can win a trophy.

be fair ,,maybe Rafa doesn't know who our key players are???