RDM Sacked. Who's next?

CHOULO19

Next Manager  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the next CFC manager?

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On a second thought, I see what Roman is trying to do. Last year, he sacked AVB after setting us on the verge of going out of the CL, and his right-hand man, RDM, took over and won it for us. That's right, folks. Roman wants Steve Holland (I figure Eddie Newton will depart) to make us the first club to ever win the CL two years in a row. Of course, Holland will leave after he's job is done, but he will always live in our memory.

WOW! just read the news. Tbh, i don't know what to think.

Robbie was one of my favourite players at Chelsea and when he took over i was pretty chuffed to have "one of our own" take the reigns.

For a while i thought our managers lacked 'The love for the club' and Robbie, being an ex Chelsea boy showed his love.

I have no doubt this has come from the inside again. With the run of games we've had, It only makes sense. I can't see Frank, John or Ash having a part in it though. Also Mata has played out of his skin. I just hope it wasn't a ploy by nancy-boy to bring in Benitez, because TBH, If Rafa takes over at Chelsea, That will do it for me!

Watching the games lately has been bad for my health, mood and well being. I think it will be time to take a break from Chelsea FC. For the people in europe, it's fine, but I've been getting up at 3-6 am and watching the boys lose, then going to work and getting pissed off at everybody, It's not ideal.

I would have felt so much better had Abramovich decided not to hand RDM the further 2 year contract. I was really thankful for what RDM done but I knew when he got the contract it would definitely lead to this and now it adds bitter taste. Had Abramovich decided to offer another manager the job during the summer I would have preferred it with reasons being that: RDM wouldnt of been sacked as he finished out contract which ended at the end of the season ans 2 he could leave knowing he done the best for the club. But now him being sacked just wipes some of that Munich victory away for me. Regardless as a person, RDM can hold his heads high for what he done here, truly thankful and think it was the wrong decision

If yesterday was depressing, today is just taking the piss. Absolutely disgusted at the club for sacking RDM after what he's achieved! It's obvious that RDM wasn't Roman's first choice and the club was just waiting for the precise moment & perfect excuse to sack him. And yesterday's defeat gave the club the perfect opportunity to do so. Utterly embarrassing and disgraceful decision!

For all that we have achieved under Roman, we do make ourselves look like a circus run by a bunch of morons! Are we really gonna just sack a manager every time something goes wrong? Is this the path that we are gonna continue every season?! And great time to sack RDM too. Just 4 days before the visit of the English Champions to the Bridge on Sunday.

I'm embarrassed to be a Chelsea supporter today. This has gotten ridiculous. Our manager won the CL and the FA Cup last season, our board sets him up with a team full of holes, we're still in third place in the league, and he gets fired? Are we going to fire managers every single time they have a bad stretch? Chelsea will seriously never be a consistent European powerhouse if we don't have stability in the manager position and we will never have stability in the manager position if managers keep getting sacked after a few poor games.

Abramovich - and the board - out!

Don't get me wrong, I'm eternally thankful to Roman for bankrolling our success, but it is time for him to go. We are not his plaything. There are plenty more billionaires out there who won't interfere in first-team affairs.

Is the board actually encouraging a culture of short termism in this club?

If the plan was to gain immediate results then why sign all these young, 21 year old, inexperienced players? Why not just bring in players who are the finished products? This is just so wrong on so many different levels......

Please forgive my grammar mistakes:

I have different opinion with majority of you though. I am a die hard chelsea fans since our captain was still Desailly.

Our club changed the manager almost once per year after Jose Mourinho's era. I agreed that we should be patient with the top class managers like Jose, Carlo Ancelotti, Scolari etc. However, RDM is not in that list.

I have to thank him for the Champions League Trophy last season but I would like to say that he got a lot of luck last season to win that cup. We win mainly because of our senior players as they stood up and took the responsibility; Drogba, Terry, Lamp etc.

In tactic wise, in my own opinion, why the hell he kept Marko Marin on the bench for so long? Why he can't play other formation like 4-4-2 instead of 4-2-3-1? Why is he favour that CB combination (when Terry was not available) with Luiz and Cahill even Luiz looked like a dump for so many games? etc.

I hope Benitez will be our new manager if we cannot get Pep. And I know it is impossible to get Jose back at the moment.

I still believe that Lampard still can play an important role for at least one or two more season. Besides, we should at least got a backup formation for different opponent. If club decides to bring in Cavani or Falcao, C or F have to play along side T9 not to force him to back to the bench. Mata should always play when T9 is on the pitch. Oscar has to be rotated more often with Lamp in certain game.

Sorry for the bad english.

I'm embarrassed to be a Chelsea supporter today. This has gotten ridiculous. Our manager won the CL and the FA Cup last season, our board sets him up with a team full of holes, we're still in third place in the league, and he gets fired? Are we going to fire managers every single time they have a bad stretch? Chelsea will seriously never be a consistent European powerhouse if we don't have stability in the manager position and we will never have stability in the manager position if managers keep getting sacked after a few poor games.

Our board is filled with suits. Look at Bayern, you need football men at the club.