Juventus v Chelsea

Jase

FERNANDO TORRES is facing the axe after Chelsea’s miserable defeat at West Brom.

Furious Blues boss Roberto Di Matteo revealed he is ready to shake up his faltering side after picking up just two points from their last four Premier League games.

And £50m flop Torres is top of the hitlist for Wed-nesday’s Champions League clash at Juventus.

The boss said: “I need to think about making changes. If I believe leaving out Torres is the right thing to do, I’ll do it.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last four PL games; 2! points out of 12. Unbelievable. And thinking that before, in 8 games (7 wins, 1 draw) - we only lost 2 points.

We need at least draw vs Juve, cant afford another bad performance and thank god Danny will play.

Wouldn't be surprised if RDM drops one of Mata, Oscar or Hazard for this game and return to playing Bertrand/Ramires outwide to shore things up a little bit. Playing those 3 in an away game like this can be rather suicidal especially after what has happened in the past matches.

Yeah, I got the feeling Roberto is going to go back to the old Ramires-on-the-wing strategie to try to get a more solid defense framework. The problem is of course we end up with our attack only coming through the middle or left hand side. So something like this could be possible:

Cech

Azpi-Ivan-Cahill-Cole

Romeu-Mikel

Ramires-Mata-Hazard

Torres/Studge

FERNANDO TORRES is facing the axe after Chelsea’s miserable defeat at West Brom.

Furious Blues boss Roberto Di Matteo revealed he is ready to shake up his faltering side after picking up just two points from their last four Premier League games.

And £50m flop Torres is top of the hitlist for Wed-nesday’s Champions League clash at Juventus.

The boss said: “I need to think about making changes. If I believe leaving out Torres is the right thing to do, I’ll do it.

THANK FUCK.

I would start with pragmatic aproach in this game: Cech; Azi, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole; Mikel, Luiz, Ramires, Oscar, Mata; Sturridge.

Right now I'm far from being impressed with Oscar, Hazard and Mata playing together, since we started using this system we won few matches.

I would start with pragmatic aproach in this game: Cech; Azi, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole; Mikel, Luiz, Ramires, Oscar, Mata; Sturridge.

Right now I'm far from being impressed with Oscar, Hazard and Mata playing together, since we started using this system we won few matches.

Ummm Arsenal, Tottenham, outplaying ManUre?

It wont work for every game tho, none of those teams will show up and defend, so our 3 amigos find space through the middle which suits them, Juve will be more cautious and we wont get the space,

Tho if we'd ever just play wide but possessive with some more alternatives, like we did in the manure game we'd beat everyone 5 times over but anyway.

Ummm, we were outplayed by Shaktar in both matches, and I have to tell you that Barcelona aside, I never saw Chelsea being outplayed in SB in the way it happened against the ukranian side. Everytime they attacked I felt like they were going to score.

People talk about "new style", and "offensive football", but I have to tell you that playing an offensive and winning football, is not like this, you must know how to defend. Barcelona have Xavi and Iniesta, both are very good in the defensive system, instead we are using a midfield with 3 guys that dont have a clue about defensive skills.

In 4-3-3 system we had Anelka, Cole, Robben, Kalou, Malouda, all these guys helped a lot in the defensive system, so this team needs to find a balance.

With all this talk about playing ramires as the defensive winger i think moses is very good defensively plus has got the pace to start a counter attack hence we should play him in this game instead of playing ramires or bertrand out of position imo.

Okay let's not get our hopes too high about sturridge. Remember he is still annoying sometimes(like how he didn't cross to mata against westbrom)

He will be an improvement on torres but not that we will start winning 5-0 becos of sturridge. We still have defence issues.

Pirlo talks about how he nearly joined during ancelloti's chelsea and english football.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2234926/Andrea-Pirlo-exclusive-I-discussed-personal-terms-Chelsea.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Imagine him in dlp role in our present midfield....

It ok leaving him out but who is there to replace him if Studge gets injured . I knew this would happen when we never replaced Drogs and Anelka . Also Luiz has to be benched