Juventus v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luiz must not play. He is playing like a Clown this season. Sturridge as frustrating as he is needs to start. Him and Mata linked up well, however that probably won't be the case against Juve as there won't be as much space. At least he does stuff though and doesn't stroll around like a Blonde Hippie. Sturridge won't start however (not as the CF at least). Torres will and therein lies our downfall. I think we may use a 4-3-3.

Luiz must not play. He is playing like a Clown this season. Sturridge as frustrating as he is needs to start. Him and Mata linked up well, however that probably won't be the case against Juve as there won't be as much space. At least he does stuff though and doesn't stroll around like a Blonde Hippie. Sturridge won't start however (not as the CF at least). Torres will and therein lies our downfall. I think we may use a 4-3-3.

Yeah danny is fristrating but at least we are annoyed that he got in a good position and missed rather than, either not getting in the position or getting there and then getting tackled before shooting. The one on one for example, danny powered through and the keeper made a good save, i doubt torres would have run through the defenders to get in that position to shoot. It also made a change to see a flicked through ball and someone get on the end of it.

We had to rest players but if mata had started with danny up top from early on we would have created a lot more chances especially when we had a lot of terrortory in their final 3rd only to result in no options and losing the ball or shooting from long range.

are we going to be the first champions to be knocked out before the knockout round starts or do we have company there??

Why would we get knocked out? All we need is a draw at Turin...and if we can't manage at least a draw against similar level opposition, we don't deserve to play in the knockout rounds.

Why would we get knocked out? All we need is a draw at Turin...and if we can't manage at least a draw against similar level opposition, we don't deserve to play in the knockout rounds.

I think what didierforever was asking, is that previously in the competition have last years champions failed to make it to the knockout stages - wasn't a specific question about the match itself...?

I think what didierforever was asking, is that previously in the competition have last years champions failed to make it to the knockout stages - wasn't a specific question about the match itself...?

Oh my bad, I misunderstood the question by didierforever.

In terms of his original question, I don't recall a UCL champion getting knocked out in group stage in the past 10 years. However, between 04/05 and 07/08 seasons, every champion was eliminated in the first knockout round of the following season.

Wouldn't surprise me if we won this game at all. Juve have had a couple of bad home results and were comprehensively outplayed at home to Shakhtar too. If everyone's fit, we can beat them there i feel. Our bad spell will be over very soon, if we win the next 2 games, it's absolutely game on!

are we going to be the first champions to be knocked out before the knockout round starts or do we have company there??

Yes, we will become the first European Champions to get knock out in the group stage should we fail to qualify for the Last 16. Don't think RDM would want to create this history under Roman.

Time for some stat attack!

1. Chelsea have won just ONE of their seven matches against Italian oppositions in Italy in the Champions League - P7 W1 D3 L3.

2. The one and only time Chelsea beat an Italian team in Italy in the Champions League was back in 03/04 season - 4-0 win over Lazio.

3. Chelsea are winless in their last 4 trips to Italy in the CL - D1 L3. That draw came against Juventus in 08/09 season. It ended 2-2.

4. Chelsea have scored in 6 of their 7 trips to Italy in the Champions League. Only time they failed to score was in 1999 - 0-0 vs Lazio.

5. Juventus have won 44.4% of their home matches against English oppositions in the Champions League - P9 W4 D3 L2.

6. Oscar has been involved in 50% of Chelsea's 10 goals in the Champions League this season - scored 4 and assisted 1.

Time for some stat attack!

1. Chelsea have won just ONE of their seven matches against Italian oppositions in Italy in the Champions League - P7 W1 D3 L3.

2. The one and only time Chelsea beat an Italian team in Italy in the Champions League was back in 03/04 season - 4-0 win over Lazio.

3. Chelsea are winless in their last 4 trips to Italy in the CL - D1 L3. That draw came against Juventus in 08/09 season. It ended 2-2.

4. Chelsea have scored in 6 of their 7 trips to Italy in the Champions League. Only time they failed to score was in 1999 - 0-0 vs Lazio.

5. Juventus have won 44.4% of their home matches against English oppositions in the Champions League - P9 W4 D3 L2.

6. Oscar has been involved in 50% of Chelsea's 10 goals in the Champions League this season - scored 4 and assisted 1.

Wow I remember that night against Lazio :D

I love stats - let's smash them to pieces!