Juventus v Chelsea

Jase

Your basis for selection are flawed. You talk about playing players out of position yet you mention bertrand of which he has never had any use offensively unlike ramires who is also by far more experienced and proven. Ramires on the right can nullify asamoah(whereas bert plays on d left) and ramires won't be playing offensively except the opportuniy presents itself (there is no point using moses if he is not being played as a winger but to man mark asamoah). Hazard is not in your team that's just nonsense hazard is our best counter attacking player along with ramires,mata and they both provide immense energy to the team so there is no way they are not starting. Mikel and oscar in the pivots because they are the best in possession technically. We don't want ramires loosing possession or making inaccurate passes in the middle of the field in this high pressure match.

Having said this iam not arguing with you but Rdm used a similar formation against shakhtar away and juve at home... I think he will do something similar especially in the absence of experienced players like lamps. and terry he must go defensive.

Maybe you didnt notice that i didnt include bertrand in the formation?

But I still retain that you dont have to play players out of position to play more defensively. Playing another formation and tactic could be enough, and play another player (like Moses perhaps). Plus, by playing Ramires on the RW we take a huge blow offensively because there is a huge differance in Ramires' efficency on the RW and centrally.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean 20-30 ago?

TBF to Torres, he was at least still contributing to the team in some ways earlier this season and after RDM took charge last season but he certainly have not been in the last few games!

Not really.

Maybe Sturridge was not 100%, he did not see him performing for more than 10 minutes, still trusted Torres, etc. RDM is with the team everyday, there is always things he sees that us (fans) dont.

You could say so but Sturridge has almost been back for nearly a month. How long more is RDM gonna stick him on the bench and persist with Torres? If anything, RDM just probably doesn't favor Sturridge. That has been evident since he took over but right now, I'm not sure if he's got much choice really between the two. Sturridge looks the better of the two at the moment.

You could say so but Sturridge has almost been back for nearly a month. How long more is RDM gonna stick him on the bench and persist with Torres? If anything, RDM just probably doesn't favor Sturridge. That has been evident since he took over but right now, I'm not sure if he's got much choice really between the two. Sturridge looks the better of the two at the moment.

Sturridge deserves Torres spot, but we can only expeculate what passes in RDM`s mind.

Don't think so. Think if that is gonna happen, only 1 will play out wide which is likely to be Bertrand. We need Ramires in the double pivot.

THAT DOES NOT CONFORT ME EITHER...

It won't be a match like Chelsea- Shacktar.....Juventus has the best Goalkeeper in the world wich rarely do mistake...in match at Stanford Bridge Chelsea was very lucky, an own goal and the strike of the life....but Quagliarella was making the third goal....If you will come to Tourin for a draw you will come back in London defeated

It won't be a match like Chelsea- Shacktar.....Juventus has the best Goalkeeper in the world wich rarely do mistake...in match at Stanford Bridge Chelsea was very lucky, an own goal and the strike of the life....but Quagliarella was making the third goal....If you will come to Tourin for a draw you will come back in London defeated

Fuck a draw, we're winning this.

He isn't the best keeper in the world... I think if you look man for man we have the better team but we are lacking a striker and that is obviously one of the most important positions. It will obviously be a tough game and we should in no way play for a draw. But if we go for the win i believe we can win, but i would take the draw right now as that is all we need.

I have always been dubious about "going for a draw". I think that except in extreme circumstances when you are massively less talented than the other side, you should play to win. Especially when you consider the way Chelsea want to play which is ball possession. Excellent ball possession works both as an attacking and defending tool. We don't really have a lot of choices in terms of starting XI. Maybe Sturridge at striker. Maybe Moses in. I really don't want to see Bertrand at midfield or a pivot of Mikel and Romeu. Either of those would signal going for a lesser starting XI for the sake of defence. Not worth it.

He isn't the best keeper in the world... I think if you look man for man we have the better team but we are lacking a striker and that is obviously one of the most important positions. It will obviously be a tough game and we should in no way play for a draw. But if we go for the win i believe we can win, but i would take the draw right now as that is all we need.

Only Casillas is less or more at the same level of Buffon...Probably He is the best of all the times better than Zoff, Zamora, Seeman, Peruzzi and many others...He plays at these levels from the end of 90's without black periods...Who is for you the best? Chech :blink: ? He is in the first 10 but no more

I don't think so...If Juventus play as She know there's no competition...

That game wasnt about how Shaktar played, but about how WE played. How else do u think we beat teams like Barca?

If we go out there and play how we should play and at the right side of our potential, the chances of winning is big.

However I fear that RDM will chose a defensive lineup and I dont think that will work very well. It works well if we have the right people. Sure we will have Cole now but Terrys absence has been quite noticeable.