West Brom 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man Of The Match   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

So bloody proud of our boys today, done our football club immsenely proud. I shall apologies in advance if this does offend you (although it isn't meant to). I appreciate some of you maybe a bit disappointed at the defeat and this isn't me gloating by any means.

I thought we were outstanding if I'm honest, we can play much better going forward, we're aware of that, but defensively, we were very good and although you had some good chances, it would have been bitterly disappointing had we conceded late on. It felt bad conceding late against Man City and I didn't want to experience those emotions today. Thankfully, the lads chucked their bodies on the line, played their hearts out and continued to do this football club proud. Shane Long lost his nan yesterday, yet went out and would have made her extremely proud today. Very dominant display alongside a well taken goal - He's been superb for us this season.

Again, Yacob and Mulumbu were terrific in the centre in disrupting your rhythm and protecting our back four. Mulumbu pulled his hamstring towards the end and signalled to come off yet he solidered on which was pleasing to see. Hopefully there's no lasting damage. Today's performance reminded me of a team "all in it together". Spirit, effort, willingness, passion, grit, strength, determination and quality in abundance and this is certainly the greatest Albion side I've ever seen. We'd be foolish not to enjoy this.

If Chelsea had a half decent striker, perhaps we would be cursing our luck and walking out with a defeat but such is football, it's never as easy as it's made out. You bumped into a highly motivated side who weren't going to give you an inch. Torres was poor, don't think he brought anything to the game. Hazard, undoubtebly your best player didn't get the ball enough, and Sturridge and Mata looked decent when they came off the bench - I have to pay credit to Boaz Myhill for some quite outstanding saves.

Atmosphere was very good too. Slightly disappointed with the Chelsea supporters as I expected much better in terms of noise, but The Hawthorns was rocking with 23,000 Albion supporters willing the boys on to get the victory.

Good luck for the remainder of the season

We know what we are!

Well said, don't mind your posts, very honest and welcome. Brilliant win for you lots, good luck against Sunderland next week, can't believe you are in the top 4!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the bright side of things, united lost to Norwich.

Seriousley though, we should AT LEAST have gotten 1p from this game. However this game has given us some lessons, and I hope RDM and Chelsea really does their homework now. One of those are, Danny needs more starts and Torres actually needs to be sent a message. He needs to know that he simply isnt good enough. Some time on the bench will (hopefully) do him good. He's not a child. The bitter truth is you suck son, he needs to realize that.

Another thing is that our defense is leaking. Im not sure what to do about it, but its about time to mix it up:

Azpi - Iva - Luiz - Cole

Iva - Cahill - Terry - Bertrand

etc..

We can blame RDM as much as we want but the sad state of affairs is that he is the only top club manager who DOES NOT have a striker on his disposal.

Or a strange mix of winger- striker who can't have game without at least one goal a la Messi or Ronaldo.

And before you start about Sturridge, he was a winger when he was scoring for fun at Chelsea . A speedy,skilled and tricky WINGER who had little difficulties to outplay one full back he usually was against and make space for himself to score or to make an assist. And he was quite succesfull until he thought he is the lone striker with exclusive right to shoot .

At Bolton he was second striker in midtable team, if I'm not mistaken, which means less pressure, less defenders against and more space than Drogba had as a lone striker at Chelsea.

How many games of Danny as a lone striker we have seen? To claim that RDM is so wrong for not playing him there? As a lone striker, you have to make off the run and create space for yourself with 2 center backs breathing on you and make the right move and remain efficient and accurate in a very small space. That requires innate sense and intelligence only world class strikers have.

We will see if Danny have those, but anyway, if we don't bring a decent striker on 1. January we're doomed.

And Torres. Lost case. Nothing to add. This club somehow had to/believed in him and we're paying the price. Second time around.

On the other note, David Luiz needs to make Torres company on the bench.

Well said, don't mind your posts, very honest and welcome. Brilliant win for you lots, good luck against Sunderland next week, can't believe you are in the top 4!

You can't believe it?

How do you feel for us?

I'm expecting someone to kick me in the balls and I finally wake up to us being stuck in the bottom three with us miles adrift of everybody else. That's the Albion I know.

What's going on?! :D

We got played. It's as simple as that. People who say we dominated need to get there heads checked. Yeah we might have had more possession but that's exactly what they wanted. They crowded the center en pushed us out wide as it was the only way to move forward. They then simply waited untill we got fed up passing the ball around and took a shot on goal from a distance or decided to cross the ball in. They then kicked the ball long to long , no pun intended. Long basically man handled Luiz and Cahill all game long. Also it seems Morrison used some sort of experimental camouflage or something because that's simply the only way to explain what happened today. Although another scenario has been playing in my head. It's a scene where Romeu walks up to Mikel after the game and says to him:"Damned Mikel you really did a crappy job at marking Morrison didn't you?" and then Mikel replying "What? I thought you were supposed to mark him ?" Romeu then replied "no you were" Mikel replied "no you were" Romeu replied "no you were" Mikel replies "no you were" and so on and on. Ah well. No seriously now. There was just to much space for Morrison. I mean we played with 2 holding midfielder the least you would have expected was for us to keep the centre compact but apparently that was wishfull thinking. Azpi looked solid seems to also possess a good cross.

Bertrand looked solid as well. Moses was lively and good at times but i feel that sometimes he's so focused on crossing the ball in that he doesn't spot a free player around the 16 yard box. Hazard: didn't think he played well but in all fairness he wasn't helped by the fact that he had no distributor behind him causing him to receive absolutely no balls in the forward central area. He then had to constantly drop deep to pick up the ball and act like a distributor.

Now the thing is Hazard is a different kind of number 10 then Oscar or Mata. He's not a player that thrives on distributing the ball. He's a nr 10 that plays between the lines and wants to receive the ball in those tight areas. That's his game to get played in those tight central areas even when he's marked and hold that ball up so that other players can make overlapping runs or so he can turn away from his marker and try and beat 1, 2 maybe even 3 players on a good day so he can then run at the defence. Force the defence to tighten up leaving room on the side to exploit and then either play a throughball, take a shot or continue dribbling. That's what you can expect from Hazard on the nr 10 however for him to be able to play that way he has to have someone playing in the pivot who actually has the abillity and the balls to play a ball into those tight areas and make a freaking forward overlapping run. Now you might have seen Hazard make some sort of hand movement multiple times during the game . A stretched hand pointing at his feet. For people who don't know hand signs that means " pass me the mother f****** ball."

He had to move to the wings to finally get the ball in a forward area but even then his dribbling just didn't seem to come off.

Now who's next ? ah Sturridge. Thought he looked lively and eager. He was our most dangerous man but also missed some chances he shouldn't have. Still he seems like a massive improvement on Torres.

Then Torres well i think i made myself clear with the well and the kid who did nothing. He saw that we were struggling to reach him and did nothing to help the team. Mata was our best player on the pitch from the moment he came on. Immediately created danger. Oscar didn't do much except that 1 time where he put Sturridge in front of goal with his brilliant 1 touch pass.

When Oscar and Mata came on we looked more dangerous but we were just all over the place. I mean if i was a neutral fan watching the game and i didn't know the qualities of Oscar and Mata or the position they play then i would have had no clue where they were playing. Our attacking style is just random movement.

After rereading my comment i've kinda noticed i've come down pretty hard on Romeu and Mikel. To be clear i don't bame them for being conservative in possesion and not choosing to play the risky ball. It's what they were taught to do. I blame RDM for this. No manager in his right mind would choose to play 2 holding midfielders when he clearly has a better team then the opposition.

You can't believe it?

How do you feel for us?

I'm expecting someone to kick me in the balls and I finally wake up to us being stuck in the bottom three with us miles adrift of everybody else. That's the Albion I know.

What's going on?! :D

I am very happy for you lot, espec with Steve Clarke in charge, like the manager with the link he use to have here and also a friend of a friend plays for them (Donervon Daniels if you know who he is lol).

The key to WBA is that player for player against a few teams you may be inferior but you make that up in teamwork, belief and brilliant organization. I mean Yacob was unheard of before he came to you and is now being considered as the bets buy along with Cazorla, Hazard etc. Your defence doesnt have any standout names but again brilliant organization and belief is helping you and that is the key sometimes and you have strikers who know how to put it in the back of the net unlike a certain one for us. Mulumbu is very underrated btw and Shane Longe, thought it for a while now is a fantastic all round striker

Sturridge did more in 20 minutes playing as a striker than Torres has all season. He missed some chances but he also made the keeper work and more importantly was actually in a position to miss chances. I would rather that than somebody who does absolutely nothing but play with his hair for 90 minutes.

If Sturridge doesn't start on Tuesday I will lose all faith in Di Matteo and won't defend him against the 'sack RDM' types.

Thought Azpilicueta looked good today.

Oscar really needs to improve his core strength. He'll never be a powerful player but he is too weak at present.

I am very happy for you lot, espec with Steve Clarke in charge, like the manager with the link he use to have here and also a friend of a friend plays for them (Donervon Daniels if you know who he is lol).

The key to WBA is that player for player against a few teams you may be inferior but you make that up in teamwork, belief and brilliant organization. I mean Yacob was unheard of before he came to you and is now being considered as the bets buy along with Cazorla, Hazard etc. Your defence doesnt have any standout names but again brilliant organization and belief is helping you and that is the key sometimes and you have strikers who know how to put it in the back of the net unlike a certain one for us. Mulumbu is very underrated btw and Shane Longe, thought it for a while now is a fantastic all round striker

One of our hottest prospects is Donvervan Daniels - Getting rave reviews in the academy.

Thanks for the kind words, also. Shane Long had his nan pass away yesterday which just puts added perspective to how good his performance was. Yacob and Mulumbu cost £150,000 between them and would probably get into the majority of the sides in this league.

So bloody proud of our boys today, done our football club immsenely proud. I shall apologies in advance if this does offend you (although it isn't meant to). I appreciate some of you maybe a bit disappointed at the defeat and this isn't me gloating by any means.

I thought we were outstanding if I'm honest, we can play much better going forward, we're aware of that, but defensively, we were very good and although you had some good chances, it would have been bitterly disappointing had we conceded late on. It felt bad conceding late against Man City and I didn't want to experience those emotions today. Thankfully, the lads chucked their bodies on the line, played their hearts out and continued to do this football club proud. Shane Long lost his nan yesterday, yet went out and would have made her extremely proud today. Very dominant display alongside a well taken goal - He's been superb for us this season.

Again, Yacob and Mulumbu were terrific in the centre in disrupting your rhythm and protecting our back four. Mulumbu pulled his hamstring towards the end and signalled to come off yet he solidered on which was pleasing to see. Hopefully there's no lasting damage. Today's performance reminded me of a team "all in it together". Spirit, effort, willingness, passion, grit, strength, determination and quality in abundance and this is certainly the greatest Albion side I've ever seen. We'd be foolish not to enjoy this.

If Chelsea had a half decent striker, perhaps we would be cursing our luck and walking out with a defeat but such is football, it's never as easy as it's made out. You bumped into a highly motivated side who weren't going to give you an inch. Torres was poor, don't think he brought anything to the game. Hazard, undoubtebly your best player didn't get the ball enough, and Sturridge and Mata looked decent when they came off the bench - I have to pay credit to Boaz Myhill for some quite outstanding saves.

Atmosphere was very good too. Slightly disappointed with the Chelsea supporters as I expected much better in terms of noise, but The Hawthorns was rocking with 23,000 Albion supporters willing the boys on to get the victory.

Good luck for the remainder of the season

We know what we are!

Congrats. You have a very fine team there with a good manager in charge. I really rate Mulumbu, Odemwinge and Long.

We are going down boys. There's nothing worse than going home in a great mood and see such a result. Without having watched the game I may suppose that after taking the lead WBA have done great job defensively and my man Torres has been scratching his balls for I don't know how many minutes. Obviously, without Mata this team doesn't reach its potential but the good thing is that the next league game is again City at home. We should really find a way to get out of this bad series of games.

Guys it's obvious that Ashley's absence is a weakness for us, I'm not saying Ryan is bad but he's not as good defensively as Ashley. We've seen that now in 3 or 4 matches, most of the goals we conceded are from Ryan's side.

Some kind of joke: Go buy Anthony Pilkington since almost every striker is better than Torres.

262189_406671306072850_1698403863_n.jpg