West Brom 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man Of The Match   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

When fit, our best defence would be Azpi - JT - Luiz - Cole.

I'll never understand all the hating on Luiz. He's a talented defender, he just needs a more disciplined partner.

Luiz makes mistakes..but he always seems to make more mistakes/odd decisions when he's playing with Cahill. Maybe there's a communication problem/lack of understanding between them?

No.

No, he doesn't.

No and no.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a fuck what people think, so I'm just going to speak my mind.

Luiz is an absolute liability and should be sold. Torres was finished before we signed him, it's just taken until now for everyone to realise it. Can't wait til he leaves, a disaster of a signing for this club. All the fanboys/fangirls can fuck off as well, this is Chelsea FC and these pair are not good enough.

If Luiz needs to be sold then we only have 2 CB's left at the club. JT and Brana.

So would you all say that atm, our best defence is probably Azpi, Ivan, JT and Cole when all fit? I wouldn't have Ivan at RB and i wouldn't have Luiz anywhere near it. Our 3 CB's are Ivanovic, Terry and Cahill, end of story for me. Luiz imo could play CDM or even CAM too. I'd put him anywhere but CB.

Anyway it is gutting to lose and go 4 without a win. Losing happens but it's not nice when its part of a bad run of dropping 10 points in just a few weeks.

I'm just glad you're only a fan on this forum. Anyone with half a brain would stop and think before they suggest that Luiz could play as a CAM.

Cahill was poor. Not particularly solid and uncomfortable with Luiz. total defensive breakdown at times. Long and Morrison were incisive in their link-up.

David Luiz was also poor. But that's what i expect out of him now. Any decent centre forward can turn him inside out and his lapses of concentration is costing the club points. no point defending his ability if he keeps making mistakes EVERY single game

Iva-Cahill seems to be the way to go, unless Terry is fit ofc.

Send Luiz to midfield, could save us the 30mill being thrown around for Felliani if he works out, even tho i'd like to see felliani at chelsea,

Other then that, sturridge was wasteful and shite again

Must of been Torres's worst game ever to, poor basterd. I do feel sorry for to see such a good player fall from grace, unlike half the cunts here who go on like they enjoy his failings.

Iva-Cahill seems to be the way to go, unless Terry is fit ofc.

Send Luiz to midfield, could save us the 30mill being thrown around for Felliani if he works out, even tho i'd like to see felliani at chelsea,

Other then that, sturridge was wasteful and shite again

Must of been Torres's worst game ever to, poor basterd. I do feel sorry for to see such a good player fall from grace, unlike half the cunts here who go on like they enjoy his failings.

No one is enjoying it, i would have if he was playing for Liverpool...but his so called fall from grace is affecting the team, which is what matters above all.

When it comes to fans attitude Cahill is the new Torres

If he has a bad game it's covered up and the blame shifted on some else (Man.Utd, Athletico) if he has a good game (Barca at home) he's the second coming of Christ.

He has been just as unconvincing as Luiz in recent weeks yet gets no slack, im not defending Luiz his performances have been shite too, but it bemuses me how Gary is getting wrapped up in cotton wool.

I'll never understand all the hating on Luiz. He's a talented defender, he just needs a more disciplined partner.

I'll never understand this poor excuse. Luiz is just poor no matter who he plays with. His bad games far, faaar outweigh his good games. He hasn't improved one bit since arriving and if anything has gotten worse. He is too (annoyingly) carefree and 'la-di-da' to be a good defender. He looks uninterested after making mistakes and costing the team a goal.

Sometimes he seems like he even has a very slight smirk on his face. Much like people have lost patience with Torres, the same is, rightfully, happening with Luiz.

@KonohasOrangeFlash, The difference between Torres and Luiz is Luiz is still having good games in the poor form, Torres isn't. Luiz completely took Falcao out of the game for Brazil in midweek from what i heard. If Luiz goes a year without having a top game then we will rightfully give up on him.

Luiz is the sort of defender that needs a no nonsense partner, his truly bad games have only started occurring since Cahill has been partnering him.

His form lately tho has been unacceptable and if Alex was still around he would probably have been dropped by now, the reason he hasn't is Cahill isn't that good where as Alex was.

I'll never understand this poor excuse. Luiz is just poor no matter who he plays with. His bad games far, faaar outweigh his good games. He hasn't improved one bit since arriving and if anything has gotten worse. He is too (annoyingly) carefree and 'la-di-da' to be a good defender. He looks uninterested after making mistakes and costing the team a goal.

Sometimes he seems like he even has a very slight smirk on his face. Much like people have lost patience with Torres, the same is, rightfully, happening with Luiz.

At the start of the season, Luiz was probably our best defender. He and Terry seemed to have an understanding, then came all the injuries and suspension...and Luiz just started playing shit with Cahill.

Luiz makes mistakes and Cahill's an average defender who also makes mistakes..put the two of them together and you're left with one of our worst CB pairings of recent times.

I don't get why RDM persists in using the Luiz - Cahill pairing. I mean unless Brana needs a rest or he's injured, use Brana - Cahill...and when JT gets back, play him with Luiz.

Luiz completely took Falcao out of the game for Brazil in midweek from what i heard.

Lol he didn't, Falcao just played badly like he has been doing all month.

He has been just as unconvincing as Luiz in recent weeks yet gets no slack, im not defending Luiz his performances have been shite too, but it bemuses me how Gary is getting wrapped up in cotton wool.

So wrong. If Cahill was playing as badly as Luiz a lot of people would have pointed this out, but the fact is he isn't, and he surely does not make as many mistakes that lead to goals like Luiz.

So wrong. If Cahill was playing as badly as Luiz a lot of people would have pointed this out, but the fact is he isn't, and he surely does not make as many mistakes that lead to goals like Luiz.

Even if Cahill has a shit game, no one will say anything about him because he's English.

Seriously, the type of posts I read on this forum about Luiz, it's like he's the new Titus Bramble or something.

I'm not saying that Luiz doesn't make costly errors, cause at times, he's like a headless chicken but why is that he plays worse with Cahill?

I reckon a strong disciplined defensive coach like Clarke or Mourinho would make Luiz a solid defender. So maybe it's better for him, if he leaves Chelsea.

Cahill has been playing average sometimes badly, and he has made mistakes that has led to goals or match changing moments (ie Ivan's red card against United). Against Reading he was making Pogwhatitsface look like Drogba of 09/10.

Im not denying Luiz has been poor since the Arsenal game pretty much, but if Cahill has been better lately is really isn't by that much.

I'm not saying that Luiz doesn't make costly errors, cause at times, he's like a headless chicken but why is that he plays worse with Cahill?

It could be because they are both fairly new players. Cahill is a freshman, he isn't any kind of authority in defense. Neither of them is. Luiz is the kind of player who needs to play alongside a strong presence, somebody who takes him under his wing. Cahill is the same. They just play separately their own games, they don't lead or guide anybody. Either of them needs to be paired up with Ivanovic or Terry, preferrably JT.

I mean you can have two good defenders (which both of them are), but if none of them is dominant, then there will be a lot of bad gaps between the good defenders.

but why is that he plays worse with Cahill?

You tell me, because the idea that Luiz only plays badly with Cahill is getting on my nerves. Why can't he play well with anyone? isn't he a 25m defender?

I would understand this excuse if Cahill was always letting him down, but it's quite the opposite.

How does not marking Shane Long have anything to do with Cahill? this is not the fault of his partner, it's just downright stupid defending.

Cahill has been playing average sometimes badly, and he has made mistakes that has led to goals or match changing moments (ie Ivan's red card against United). Against Reading he was making Pogwhatitsface look like Drogba of 09/10.

Im not denying Luiz has been poor since the Arsenal game pretty much, but if Cahill has been better lately is really isn't by that much.

Out of 18 games you pointed out twice Cahill has cost us (There's probably one or two more minor ones tbf) But I can make a whole page for Luiz lol.

And i don't care if Cahill has been better than Luiz, you can't really say someone is better when we keep conceding goals, but Luiz has surely made more mistakes. And that's the only problem i have.