West Brom 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man Of The Match   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I watched the game whilst sorting out my dads laptop and i really dont know what to make of it.

i think we had some bad luck. dont get me wrong, we SHOULD NOT be conceeding 2 goals. Luiz is having a bad spell. shouldnt have been beaten for that first goal, he just didnt look determined. we really miss JT thre for his organisation and determination.

To be fair to west brom, they played a good game. they've have a great start to the season, and they are looking consistent. unlike ourselves. I must say, when i saw the line up today, I was relived. it was nice to see some rotation, it just didnt happen to work out. maybe mata should have started instead of Hazard and it may have flowed/been more organised. We missed some chances. Sturridge just looked as good as Torres infront of goal.... missed some sitters.

Normally i would say that we will be ok for the champions league. its a different competition and teams tend to perform well despite there form in other competitions, however, against shakthar we were dodgy, in thel eague we haven't won in a few. im worried about how we are going to do against Juve. Having said that, when Oscar, Ramires and Mata eventually came on, we did dominate so that is nice to see. Mata has become so influential, and when he comes on as a sub, its so noticeable, he's fantastic.

in the short term: We should have won this game, we shouldn't have conceeded 2 goals. but west brom played well and i dont think luck was on our side.

the long term effect: horrible result, we could have gone second in the league today and its continued our bad run in the premier league which builds negative pressure and effects future games.

Man united losing makes it a little better....

Roll on January and Roll on a new striker! (Even if its just getting Lukaku back!)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard? Really? Yeah, he scored the goal, but for me hasn't earned MOTM vote...in the 2nd half he seemed exhausted and unmotivated...

Hail Cesar, a fullback which can actually cross and defend! :D My MOTM vote goes to him.

Hazard should have been subbed early on in the second half. I don't think RDM had enough faith in Marin's match fitness to bring him on at a crucial point in the game.

On a bright note, RDM should have noticed how displacing Torres in favor of a mobile striker can help the team.(At least I hope he did..)

After sleeping on it and really dissecting the game in my head, I have come to the conclusion.

EL NINO IS FINISHED....

end of story.

I have no doubt we will buy in the transfer window. I'd like a shock swoop for somebody like Suarez, Rooney or Chicarito. I know most of you will read the last sentence and laugh but, how many of you expected us to sign Torres in 2011?

I could only imagine how much shit we would get if we bought in Falcao and he turned out like Torres. Besides, I think Falcao is too small to play week in and week out in the Premier League. In Europe he would carve up, but english teams would mark the shit of him. I'd rather two decent strikers for a good price then throw all our eggs into 1 basket. Also would love to finally nab Willian.

After sleeping on it and really dissecting the game in my head, I have come to the conclusion.

EL NINO IS FINISHED....

end of story.

I have no doubt we will buy in the transfer window. I'd like a shock swoop for somebody like Suarez, Rooney or Chicarito. I know most of you will read the last sentence and laugh but, how many of you expected us to sign Torres in 2011?

I could only imagine how much shit we would get if we bought in Falcao and he turned out like Torres. Besides, I think Falcao is too small to play week in and week out in the Premier League. In Europe he would carve up, but english teams would mark the shit of him. I'd rather two decent strikers for a good price then throw all our eggs into 1 basket. Also would love to finally nab Willian.

Apparently we enquired about Torres, just like United and Liverpool did whilst he was an Atletico player in 05/06...Atletico asked for 25 million and he ended up signing for Liverpool..

And then 5 years later, we end up signing him for twice the price tag. I'll never understand the Torres signing.

Seriously hazard getting almost the same votes as azpi? :fainthv9:

I know he scored but moses and mata were even better than him. :lol:

Azpi was the man of match

Even I voted for azpi. Not hazard, and that means something as a Hazard fan. azpi was a boss. Period.

Cech is really taking that captaincy thing serious. I feel he's very influential on our players.

Btw. Mikel, keep trying son, you're getting there. It's strange to see him shoot. What's next? Torres actually scoring?

I always wonder why cant mikel score even he tries so hard..........

Maybe Mikel is taking shooting and finishing lessons from torres , thats why... :ph34r:

fuck the league, im happy with qualitfying for the ucl, i want us to beat juve, not as bad, manure losing jutst helped me abit more about losing, hahaa were still title challangers hopefully we';ll scrap some wins withing next 4 leagues games, then torres can fuck off

So would you all say that atm, our best defence is probably Azpi, Ivan, JT and Cole when all fit? I wouldn't have Ivan at RB and i wouldn't have Luiz anywhere near it. Our 3 CB's are Ivanovic, Terry and Cahill, end of story for me. Luiz imo could play CDM or even CAM too. I'd put him anywhere but CB.

Anyway it is gutting to lose and go 4 without a win. Losing happens but it's not nice when its part of a bad run of dropping 10 points in just a few weeks.

Time for Chelsea to get off their high horses and get back in touch with reality. 2 points in 4 matches? Come on with the team we have this is unacceptable.

Worst thing is Torres's form and Sturridge misses ( easy chances). We don't have strikers.

Look at the Torres's stats..

All attempts: 0

Goals: 0

On target: 0

Off target: 0

Blocked: 0

Inside Penalty Area: 0

Outside Penalty Area: 0

Woodwork: 0

Free Kick: 0

That says it all no?

So would you all say that atm, our best defence is probably Azpi, Ivan, JT and Cole when all fit? I wouldn't have Ivan at RB and i wouldn't have Luiz anywhere near it. Our 3 CB's are Ivanovic, Terry and Cahill, end of story for me. Luiz imo could play CDM or even CAM too. I'd put him anywhere but CB.

Anyway it is gutting to lose and go 4 without a win. Losing happens but it's not nice when its part of a bad run of dropping 10 points in just a few weeks.

When fit, our best defence would be Azpi - JT - Luiz - Cole.

I'll never understand all the hating on Luiz. He's a talented defender, he just needs a more disciplined partner.

Luiz makes mistakes..but he always seems to make more mistakes/odd decisions when he's playing with Cahill. Maybe there's a communication problem/lack of understanding between them?

I don't give a fuck what people think, so I'm just going to speak my mind.

Luiz is an absolute liability and should be sold. Torres was finished before we signed him, it's just taken until now for everyone to realise it. Can't wait til he leaves, a disaster of a signing for this club. All the fanboys/fangirls can fuck off as well, this is Chelsea FC and these pair are not good enough.