West Brom 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man Of The Match   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Had loads of chances but couldn't make any count. Very unlucky, felt we def deserved something from this game.

I blame both goals on our double pivot. On the first one, no one picks up Morrison, Luiz can't do much about a cross like that, almost impossible to defend.

2nd goal all came cause West Brom were able to break cause both Mikel and Romeu went so far forward to press like idiots and with a simple pass forward WBA turned like a 3 on 6 into a 6 on 4. If the pivot wants to press, fair enough but the whole team has to press as well, you can't have your backline sit so deep and then also employ heavy pressing, stupid shit which shouldn't be happening.

Exactly. We play Juve soon and Marchisio basically has the same role as Morrison, told to get into goal scoring positions and get beyond the striker whenever we can. So if we can't pick up someone who is a quarter of the player Marchisio is we will struggle with Marchisio...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like the signings of january 2011 transfer window have finally come back to haunt us.. david luiz can not be taught how to defend he either needs to play as dm of needs to be sold.. and Torres who in his day back at athletico was my fav striker has to go.. if we are playing poacher 18yrd box goals 6mil hunterlaar or spend big for falcao.. or bring in cavani..but something needs to be done soon..

PS i hate november has to be the hardest month of the year to be a Chelsea Supporter

Exactly. We play Juve soon and Marchisio basically has the same role as Morrison, told to get into goal scoring positions and get beyond the striker whenever we can. So if we can't pick up someone who is a quarter of the player Marchisio is we will struggle with Marchisio...

Ok - so my understanding is this Instruction should come from the Manager... Am I wrong? Have I been playing too much FM?

Fair enough if RDM instructed that, and the players didn't implement it - but I just didn't see him barking orders from the touchline to keep Morrison out of the game...

I know I'll get stick for bashing RDM - but for me this is where he is tactically naive...

Best player today either Azplicueta or Mikel.

Ok - so my understanding is this Instruction should come from the Manager... Am I wrong? Have I been playing too much FM?

Fair enough if RDM instructed that, and the players didn't implement it - but I just didn't see him barking orders from the touchline to keep Morrison out of the game...

I know I'll get stick for bashing RDM - but for me this is where he is tactically naive...

You're spot on, Robbie didn't sit barking orders consecutively like we've seen Carlo, AVB, Mourinho, Hiddink, etc all do in the last 10 years. He just sits there looking cool and calm despite us losing. The players need to be shown video evidence of the game and look especially at the positions Morrison was picking up. Marchisico will be the same, hes always a threat for Juve in and around the box/just outside it so we need to address that. Also we need to either play a 4-2-3-1 with actual wide players and stretch teams or go back to a hard to break down and great offensively Mourinho-esque 4-3-3. Our 4-2-3-1 works for a while but gets extremely predictable and teams just set up two banks of 4 meaning the players drop extremely deep to get the ball.

Say hello to the good old November slump. Juventus and Manchester City next week, we better ready ourselves by getting some lube... :(

Sturridge was great, if only he was a better finisher then our problems up front would be solved. Danny has to start both games next week or I'm going to punch someone. Hell, if Di Matteo doesn't like Sturridge I would take even the 17-year-old Feruz from our youth team instead of Torres.

Some coments are so stupid that I am expecting something like this: "Cech should have scored when he had that chance, useless. Buy another GK!" :ph34r:

I think it's just frustration m8 - I went MENTAL in public earlier ;)

I'm REALLY encouraged though with HOW a Striker links up to MATA + OSCAR and HAZARD - if we had a REAL striker we would be top of the league...

After Danny's goals last season, I know he can do better - my firm belief (like YouNameIt) is he just needs a run of games...

Our defence needs serious work - IVA + TERRY or IVA + Cahil for CB - Luiz has to be transitioned into a DM - but again, he's quite lazy and never really works hard enough to get back... often seen jogging back...

Dunno - think RDM just needs to get TOUGH on the players and Torres needs to be benched for 4-5 games...

I am really disappointed like all of you. Nando was anonymous, had and awful game and I feel I can't defend him for much longer, Sturridge missed so many chances and had me swearing at him in front of my tv and finally with the absence of JT our defence is falling apart and I can't believe we let those goals. I am starting to get the feeling we won't be finishing any higher than 3rd place this season.

Agree with you - I think our good start papered over the cracks...

I dont blame Mikel or Hazard though - I actually think Mikel is having his best season, but when Ramires isn't there next to him, we look exposed.

Either Mikel or Romeu should have stuck on Morrison - that old Man to Man marking, he is WBA creative spark...

I think most people thought we need a striker :)

We do actually have a decent squad if we recalled our 1 million loan players ;)

I'm not blaming both players, that wasnt my point. For example, Hazard probably wil be one of the most voted for motm, despite his avarage game, and its not only in this match, even when he play bad he end up as 2nd or 3th most voted.

I expect a lot more from this guy, but some people make he look better than he already is, and its the same with our squad. At the end of the day our best player is still Mata, that is a Chelsea player since last season.

Bloody hell it hasn't taken long for the RDM out brigade to build up a force. Yet again its all the manager's fault and the players are completely not to blame. If Guardiola didn't exist it would be very interesting to see what people would want next. I have said it before and I will say it again, just because Guardiola would be the manager, does not mean that everything would be all perfect in a flash.

Credit to West Brom, they were great today, especially Shane Long. It is worrying how reliant we are on Mata.

Team vs Juventus:

Azpilicueta Ivanovic Cahill Cole

Mikel Ramires

Marin Mata Hazard

Moses

oh fucking god...... what the fuck is happening. I mean we cant make a bloody move without mata. I just hope we don't lose to juventus and get knocked out of cl. atleast sturridge showed us what having a striker with movement can do. he might finish atleast once in 90 minutes.