Jase

Man Of The Match   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only seen the last 2 mins, so can not really comment over the game. I can say that Mata should have passed alongside him in that last chance, Hazard was in excellent position to shoot..

Now all our bonus is gone, luckely we stay third, but were giving ourselfs a hard time to finish top 3 like this.

We lost so as per usual loads of hate talk on TC is expected,proceed proceed....

Not really hate talk from me... RDM in general made the right decsion to rest players, and made the correct decision to take off torres and romeu, with half an hour left. I would have taken david off at half time but other than that this one really isnt on him... Its just the same old problem:

We create the chances, we don't convert them.

It's ridiculous. I think people expect strikers to score on every decent chance they get. Even the best strikers in the world don't come close to that. Everybody misses chances. Sturridge was great today. He wasn't particularly wasteful either. He forced a couple of very good saves and he really only should have done better on the last chance of the game, but that happens. We had a lot of shots today, but they were almost all poor quality opportunities. The team is heavily imbalanced and lacks any depth. We all want rotation, but we don't have good enough players to rotate. You can't blame RDM for this. What was he supposed to do? Play Mata every single game? The Manchester clubs can have a plan B because they have the players for it. We don't.

If he wants to be our senior striker he has to bang that chance at the end, but it was not like he lost the ball or something, overall he was great and most importantly, better than Torres.

RDM did a fine job, he tried to rotate and he changed quickly and they were excellent changes (although Oscar wasnt good today). We are in transition so I am not very worried with EPL (of course I want to win, but we all know we are the 3rd power in England right now). We need a CB, CM, ST and a better attacking variation and a defensive system. At least we are not Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs, who need 5-6 players to begin dreaming of a top squad.

Maybe something similar to this for a next year champion...

GK: Cech, Turnbull, Courtois

RB: Iva, Azi

CB: JT, ?, Cahill, Chabollah

LB: Cole, Bertrand

DM: Luiz, Mikel, Romeu

CM: ?, Ramires, Oscar, KDB

CAM: Mata, Marin, KDB, Oscar

RW/LW: Moses, Sturridge, Hazard, Marin

CF/ST: ?, Sturridge, Lukaku, Piazon

We lost so as per usual loads of hate talk on TC is expected,proceed proceed....

Its NOT hate - it's frustration...

Torres starting AGAIN was just stupid - it's like playing with 10 men - go ask Spurs how that worked out at Arsenal...

We could also have given Marin some minutes - so we'd know how he copes in the Premiership - and could then be used as a Super Sub when we need him, but again another chance wasted.

So it's the lack of Rotation (as discussed in the rotation, rotation, rotation thread) that is making people frustrated.

There were some positives - Our midfield trio linked up with Studge amazingly - so have real confidence when he finds form he will score and any other striker coming in will have lots of opportunities :D

Alright enough with the overreactions. I swear this forum is filled with drama queens :rolleyes:

We played very well, dominated and should have won. We created enough chances to win it which is impressive as we played with 10 men for 65 mins, but we wasted most of them and Myhill made some fantastic saves. WBA were very very lucky. They were as clinical as possible, lucky not to concede on numerous occasions and the timing for their goals were perfect for them not to mention a couple of pen calls that went their way.

Really a one off match that's not worth dwelling uppon..

Alright enough with the overreactions. I swear this forum is filled with drama queens :rolleyes:

We played very well, dominated and should have won. We created enough chances to win it which is impressive as we played with 10 men for 65 mins, but we wasted most of them and Myhill made some fantastic saves. WBA were very very lucky. They were as clinical as possible, lucky not to concede on numerous occasions and the timing for their goals were perfect for them.

Really a one off match that's not worth dwelling uppon..

LOL I'm gonna start a count of how many times you say - 'One off match' ;)

I agree - initially annoyed but their keeper was MOTM and they rode their luck well - what's positive is our Attacking Trio + Striker...

We need to start the team (except Luiz) that finished today's game against Juve... FACT! :D

Only if you believed we were involved in one in the first place.

I think we all expected a Top 4 finish, problem is - confidence breeds success - if we hit a bad run, we could drop out of the top 4... That would be unthinkable, especially if we need to attract players in the summer.