West Brom 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man Of The Match   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

We got played. It's as simple as that. People who say we dominated need to get there heads checked. Yeah we might have had more possession but that's exactly what they wanted. They crowded the center en pushed us out wide as it was the only way to move forward. They then simply waited untill we got fed up passing the ball around and took a shot on goal from a distance or decided to cross the ball in. They then kicked the ball long to long , no pun intended. Long basically man handled Luiz and Cahill all game long. Also it seems Morrison used some sort of experimental camouflage or something because that's simply the only way to explain what happened today.

Exacly!!! We just seemed to throw our players into the match and hope their skills fetch us the win. Didn't looked like we practiced any movements when in possesion. Smh

Hazard: didn't think he played well but in all fairness he wasn't helped by the fact that he had no distributor behind him causing him to receive absolutely no balls in the forward central area. He then had to constantly drop deep to pick up the ball and act like a distributor.

Now the thing is Hazard is a different kind of number 10 then Oscar or Mata. He's not a player that thrives on distributing the ball. He's a nr 10 that plays between the lines and wants to receive the ball in those tight areas. That's his game to get played in those tight central areas even when he's marked and hold that ball up so that other players can make overlapping runs or so he can turn away from his marker and try and beat 1, 2 maybe even 3 players on a good day so he can then run at the defence. Force the defence to tighten up leaving room on the side to exploit and then either play a throughball, take a shot or continue dribbling.

That's what you can expect from Hazard on the nr 10 however for him to be able to play that way he has to have someone playing in the pivot who actually has the abillity and the balls to play a ball into those tight areas and make a freaking forward overlapping run. Now you might have seen Hazard make some sort of hand movement multiple times during the game . A stretched hand pointing at his feet. For people who don't know hand signs that means " pass me the mother f****** ball."

He had to move to the wings to finally get the ball in a forward area but even then his dribbling just didn't seem to come off.

This is why I say we need a ball distributor in the pivot

Fernadinho in the summer for cheap. When they mark hazard in the first half and there wan no one that could create anything from the pivot, just sideways passing to the full backs :fainthv9:.

But hazard was averaged overall, moses was even more dangerous in dribbling :fainthv9:

When Oscar and Mata came on we looked more dangerous but we were just all over the place. I mean if i was a neutral fan watching the game and i didn't know the qualities of Oscar and Mata or the position they play then i would have had no clue where they were playing. Our attacking style is just random movement.

Like I said, no training practice just throw in all the attackers in the match to win the game.

I can't ever see a play and say "damn that was a well practiced move" we just hope on mata magic.

After rereading my comment i've kinda noticed i've come down pretty hard on Romeu and Mikel. To be clear i don't bame them for being conservative in possesion and not choosing to play the risky ball. It's what they were taught to do. I blame RDM for this. No manager in his right mind would choose to play 2 holding midfielders when he clearly has a better team then the opposition.

True we should have played either one of romeu or mikel. Both are too defensive minded.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech is really taking that captaincy thing serious. I feel he's very influential on our players.

Btw. Mikel, keep trying son, you're getting there. It's strange to see him shoot. What's next? Torres actually scoring?

Rubbish game, pathetic result.

Basically to sum up:

RDM uses Cahill - Luiz..even though it's our weakest CB pairing

RDM uses Mikel - Romeu..even though we didn't really need 2 DM's

RDM uses Torres who is just useless.

TO SUM UP: JUVE MID WEEK...

Haven't seen the game and tbh know fuck all about it but i don't need to. Our problem will always be the same, the striker position and until that gets sorted we aint gonna win fuck all. And tbh it's good that Torres was shit again because we need it to get under Robbie's skin and make him make changes. If he scores 2, yes we may win but that doesn't mean Torres is back to his best, it just means his goal drought timer starts again whilst biding him more fucking time that we can't afford. We can't carry him any more, he's finished, done, the Fernando Torres star striker story is just a story now, a story about how good he used to be once upon a fucking time. It's not necessarily his fault, he tries but he's not good enough any more. Seeing him suffer on the pitch is Robbies fault for always playing him. He came, he failed, he's got to now wave bye bye, sell him, release him, give him away, do whatever you need to do but get him the fuck out. My patience is over. Hate? Not really, i'm just fed up with backing him and hoping he's gonna play well knowing full well that it aint gonna happen, EVER. Our main striker is absolutely fucking hopeless and useless Fact.

Anyway Torres rant over, i'm never gonna talk about him again, i swear by it, i don't need to, you ALL know....

Our team, it's still young, it's pretty inexperienced and it will grow in the future. It was never gonna be an easy game or an easy season but we're still there. Man Utd have lost 3 as have Arsenal n Tottenham more (lol at them btw :D) and we're still with the Manchester teams, 3-4 points is nothing. We wont win the league so what's the problem? It's a reasonable start and we're going through our annual October-November shit spell but we'll bounce back. For this season, the main goal is to qualify for the UCL. I'd say we're well on our way to that if i'm honest. I'm sure we will soon get an adequate striker and sure up the back 4 because i'm not David Luiz's biggest fan either, never have been but he'll get better, he's young too.