Jase

Man Of The Match   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i can say is that we could have very well kept Mata and Oscar off this game... I was hoping to see Marin ... darn RDM :P

can't believe with so many talented players we lose to WBA, not that they aren't a good team but we are much better than them at least on the paper.

Ok firstly apologies to YouNameIt and HNKS and anybody else I offended.

I had just watched Arsenal destroy a 10 man Spurs - and I really hoped we would play with 11 men.

Then I saw Torres had started and that made me mad...

Then we conceded early on from a cross that made me even more MAD...

So - my points:

1) What are we practicing in training on crosses? Why can we suddenly NOT defend them?

2) Yes Sturridge should have scored, but at least he looked like a striker - maybe not a finisher, granted - but his movement for MATA and OSCAR was amazing. Unfortunately for us - it takes him a few games to get his 'eye in' - a bit like Andy Cole...

3) We really need to bench Torres - the team flowed much better without him and with a 'finisher' we could have WON that game

So really hope RDM & EN sort out (1) + (3) and I'm confident Studge can fix (2) - BUT we still need a striker!!!

Had loads of chances but couldn't make any count. Very unlucky, felt we def deserved something from this game.

I blame both goals on our double pivot. On the first one, no one picks up Morrison, Luiz can't do much about a cross like that, almost impossible to defend.

2nd goal all came cause West Brom were able to break cause both Mikel and Romeu went so far forward to press like idiots and with a simple pass forward WBA turned like a 3 on 6 into a 6 on 4. If the pivot wants to press, fair enough but the whole team has to press as well, you can't have your backline sit so deep and then also employ heavy pressing, stupid shit which shouldn't be happening.

Ok firstly apologies to YouNameIt and HNKS and anybody else I offended.

I had just watched Arsenal destroy a 10 man Spurs - and I really hoped we would play with 11 men.

Then I saw Torres had started and that made me mad...

Then we conceded early on from a cross that made me even more MAD...

So - my points:

1) What are we practicing in training on crosses? Why can we suddenly NOT defend them?

2) Yes Sturridge should have scored, but at least he looked like a striker - maybe not a finisher, granted - but his movement for MATA and OSCAR was amazing. Unfortunately for us - it takes him a few games to get his 'eye in' - a bit like Andy Cole...

3) We really need to bench Torres - the team flowed much better without him and with a 'finisher' we could have WON that game

So really hope RDM & EN sort out (1) + (3) and I'm confident Studge can fix (2) - BUT we still need a striker!!!

We all love this team and sometimes you get overwhelmed with feelings, this game was all about frustration for all of us really. So no offense taken there mate.

I agree with everything you say. I think the issue with Dannys finishing in this game is simply a lack of minutes on the pitch. I mean, Dannys finishing IS alot better than this, we all know this if we think about it. He needs to get a few more starts, get back on track and just start to get warm in his clothes.

If I see this stubbornness to stick with Torres again after this game, I will honestly be disappointed.

Sturridge was awful, should have put in at least 1 goal, specially that chance Oscar created

Excuse me but awful? How the fuck can you say that about him? He was more dangerous today that Torres has EVER been in a Chelsea shirt.

Yeah his finishing was poor, but how much has he played recently? He needs a few more starts.

Someone said in the locked topic that 2 points in 4 games is unbelievable. Well, its unbelievable only for those people who thought Hazard was going to be the best player in the world in the end of the season, for those people who tought our squad was the best in the league, and for people that believe Mikel is one of the best DM in the world.

Actually we have a lot of problem, as some people pointed in "real concerns" topic. Well, for some people everything is just fine.

Someone said in the locked topic that 2 points in 4 games is unbelievable. Well, its unbelievable only for those people who thought Hazard was going to be the best player in the world in the end of the season, for those people who tought our squad was the best in the league, and for people that believe Mikel is one of the best DM in the world.

Actually we have a lot of problem, as some people pointed in "real concerns" topic. Well, for some people everything is just fine.

Agree with you - I think our good start papered over the cracks...

I dont blame Mikel or Hazard though - I actually think Mikel is having his best season, but when Ramires isn't there next to him, we look exposed.

Either Mikel or Romeu should have stuck on Morrison - that old Man to Man marking, he is WBA creative spark...

I think most people thought we need a striker :)

We do actually have a decent squad if we recalled our 1 million loan players ;)

I'm really frustrated at the moment. We all saying from the pre season that we need to do something about our shity defense but but seems he is incapable to do so. Luiz is shitest than the last season Mikel act more stupid and Torres is fruitless and we said from the start of the season we can not rely on Torres for whole season cause he doesn't show anything expect he is a shit! we playey like a U19 team! our young players don't show that kind of maturity required in premier league and RDM is unable to do anything about it.

I think its time to let RDM, Torres and Luiz go!