Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Mata seems a ghost is this forum. Anyone who did not watch the game will think he wasn't on the pitch at all. For me that sums it up.

He has been so key in recent weeks i probably would have rested him for sunday. Easy to say now i know after we have lost, but yeah he didn't really turn up as did a fare few of our players. Hazard was probably the best of our "AM TRIO", though he was far from exceptional which is saying something.

The biggest thing we could take out this game is that perhaps we are too reliant on one of them stepping up, and be the game changer. At the start of the season it was Hazard, then oscar did his bit vs juve etc and mata has been the man in recent weeks. Obviously today none of them looked close to their best but that is when you want the striker to stand up and create something out of nothing which i feel sturridge will offer us more than torres will.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We looked destined to lose even when Lampard was on. We were getting outplayed.

I think we were more solid and compact, especially on the ball. After Lampard got injured our passing was worse and players weren't focused. I personally feel that detail affected the game-plan because Ramires had to change his position and there is a reason why Robbie set him on the right. You saw that later on when Bane lacked protection and help from his partner on that side.

I laugh at the people who say Torres' problems are because of low confidence. No his problem is that he is a rubbish football player. Other than that he's great!

I cannot wait to see him leave. I am patiently waiting for the day we get rid of this joker. I am going to buy a massive calendar tomorrow and start crossing off the days until he leaves.

If Sturridge doesn't start on Sunday I will lose A LOT of faith in RDM.

A bit harsh.

I agree that sturridge deserves to start as he has shown in his very short appearances he can offer us something more than perhaps torres can. Don't really agree with the rest tbh. Yes he is playing pretty badly and it is very frustrating at times to watch, but it is unfair to actually want him to leave as he is putting in the effort, but is just not producing the final result. RDM picks him and torres does what he can. I think we are all passed the "torres will become what he once was phase", but he still has a role to play, especailly with us only having 2 recognised strikers.

I thought that was pretty obvious?

You dont vote someone MOTM for a tap in after a terrible game :ph34r:

A tap in or a super strike what's d difference if it proves important for head to head tie in the group. And if tap in's were so easy to come by why did we not get more tap in's then our problem would have been solved and we all would be smiling. A good player scores even when having a bad game e.g. Drogba in champions league final. My point is oscar's goal gives us a better chance of toppling shakhtar @stamford bridge as much as cech's saves...GIN

I laugh at the people who say Torres' problems are because of low confidence. No his problem is that he is a rubbish football player. Other than that he's great!

I cannot wait to see him leave. I am patiently waiting for the day we get rid of this joker. I am going to buy a massive calendar tomorrow and start crossing off the days until he leaves.

If Sturridge doesn't start on Sunday I will lose A LOT of faith in RDM.

The problem with Torres is he plays well in spades (Arsenal-Nord-Norwich week for example) and that would be good enough for a squad player but not close to being good enough for the number 1 forward role and its cringe-worthy how he seems to think he has some divine right to it or to play here.

Robbie had to sit with him on the plane home (where he should be celebrating being a European cup winning manager) for an hour to convince him to stay, with his form previous season and a half he should have been on his knees to Robbie begging to be in his future plans.

The problem with Torres is he plays well in spades (Arsenal-Nord-Norwich week for example) and that would be good enough for a squad player but not close to being good enough for the number 1 forward role and its cringe-worthy how he seems to think he has some divine right to it or to play here.

Robbie had to sit with him on the plane home (where he should be celebrating being a European cup winning manager) for an hour to convince him to stay, with his form previous season and a half he should have been on his knees to Robbie begging to be in his future plans.

He didn't play that well against Arsenal, it was more Koscielny who had a pathetic game in defence.

Hopefully now that Sturridge is fit, he'll get to start a few games (eg. United in Capital one cup..then Swansea..)

They were immense tonight, deserved the win. All over us.

We all know now that Mata IS human. Games like these I miss Drogba.

You could tell Willian was trying really hard to impress, make us feel like we missed a star player. He's good, but no where near worth over 25mill.

Onwards and upwards. Bring on those fucking United cunts. I wana see Welbeck get a two yellows for diving

I have just been thinking off the possible last day scenarios and this one seems most likely.

Chelsea beat Shakhtar at home, Juve beat Nords at home.

Juve beat Chelsea at home, Shakhtar win in Denmark.

Which will leave the table going into the last day looking like this.

Shakhtar 10

Juve 9

Chelsea 7

We will have a superior head to head record against Shakhtar but not Juve, which will mean we have to beat Nord at home and hope upon hope one of Shakhtar and Juve win their game as we will be screwed if it's a draw.

That is what i personally think the table will look like going into the last day.

I wana see Welbeck get a two yellows for diving

While were on that subject, despite the antics of Welbeck and Young, United have not had one single yellow for diving this season or last.

They were immense tonight, deserved the win. All over us.

We all know now that Mata IS human. Games like these I miss Drogba.

You could tell Willian was trying really hard to impress, make us feel like we missed a star player. He's good, but no where near worth over 25mill.

Onwards and upwards. Bring on those fucking United cunts. I wana see Welbeck get a two yellows for diving

A United player getting two yellows for diving..whilst Fergie is manager...that'll never happen.

I think With Terry's ban and Lampards injury, it could be a gift. We will ahve to see more of Cahill, and we will be able to bring someone else on as a sub in midfield instead of Frank. for the next few games I think we will be ok. I agree with 'Reddish-Blue' on that sturridge needs to play now he's fit and i think against United in the capital one cup is a great chance for him. and against swansea. then hopefully his performances are good enough that we start to see him a bit more, im certain he can do more than Torres. the only worry i have is htat he isnt as creative as torres, torres creates a lot of chances and a lot of good passes (but does give away the ball a lot as well...)

I would like to see Azpi as well in the very near future.

In this game, im only 20minutes in, and to be honest, its nothing special from us so far, but its nothing disasterous. Donetsk first goal had a fair bit of luck on it combined with some sloppy defending.

by the sounds of it and what ive seen so far, it was a below par performance and we should have at least got a draw from it. the formation is a little bit different as well. its very very narrow. Ramires is being pushed up further and its leaving us open at the back. seeing more of a 4-3-3. Hazard has just come on and i assume the formation goes to the usual 4-2-3-1.

Would have been a lot worse if Juve won. I shall carry on watching but i doubt ill need to change anything ive said. Cant wait for Man United. Im sure we will beat them. 3-2/ 4-3

It seems Willian is a good footballer and not as overrated as I first thought still he will look as great as he wants if we give him as much time and space as he fucking wants. Quite frankly an awful performance, big wake up call, Torres isnt good enough for Chelsea fc right now and Sturridge it still remains to be seen if he is worthy of the CF position. We have adapted the system for FT9 but he still doesnt excel in it, the problem isnt the system, its him. It always has been. big big big wake up call, we will need to win every CL game now to get through.

I have just been thinking off the possible last day scenarios and this one seems most likely.

Shakhtar 10

Juve 9

Chelsea 7

We will have a superior head to head record against Shakhtar but not Juve, which will mean we have to beat Nord at home and hope upon hope one of Shakhtar and Juve win their game as we will be screwed if it's a draw.

That is what i personally think the table will look like going into the last day.

We wont lose the match against Juve, as simple as that.

Shakhtar 10

Juve 9

Chelsea 7

What about the PL table in May? Can you give us a glimpse of that as well?

Shakhtar 10

Juve 9

Chelsea 7

I hope to pass the turn Juve and Chelsea...and bye bye shaktar