Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

To go the next level and actually think we can win the Champions League for a second time in a row, a new striker (Falcao) is needed asap. At this rate it is 50/50 that we even make it through our group and when we play the likes of Juventus we need a striker who is going to really give there defence a torrid time, something which I am sure Torres will not do considering our home game against Juventus. Think RDM should have brought on Moses in the latter stages though, rather confused why he didnt tbh. Quite annoyed how lacklusture we looked in attack tonight, consider our trouncing of Spurs. Must say was really impressed with Hazard when he came on though, that is how he started the season want to more of that where he tries to control the game by himself, showed some glimpses of quality tonight

Moses wasn't even on the bench, while 3 defenders were. :doh:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully Juve drew otherwise we'd be in real trouble, its going to be very tough to win the group now though. To even think about it we have to beat shaktar at home. I'm pretty confident we can do it though as I can't see them putting on another performance like that, I felt exhausted just watching them.

Moses wasn't even on the bench, while 3 defenders were. :doh:

That is some joke. I hope I find out that Moses was injured because if he was left out, quite a joke. RDM must know that Shakhtar are a very attacking team and Moses would have been useful for the counter attack. Well it is no shame losing, was always going to be a hard game, Arsenal lost there too, just annoyed that we didnt really show up today. Hopefully at the Bridge we give them a battering. BTW thanks god Juventus drew

Get Lukaku back and let him play . I bet he would have scored more goals than Torres with all the opportunities he gets but doesn't finish.

Oh, and btw, I'm no Torres hater, it's just a fact: he isn't worth 50 million.

Get Lukaku back and let him play . I bet he would have scored more goals than Torres with all the opportunities he gets but doesn't finish.

Oh, and btw, I'm no Torres hater, it's just a fact: he isn't worth 50 million.

No he woudnt. And everyone knows Torres isnt worth 50M.

Reminded me a lot of the Atletico game. Lots of pressure on us and dangerous counter attacks that just didn't let us play our game. Shame, especially for that early goal that changed the course of the game and opened up counter attacks for Shakhtar...

Oh well, a win against red twats who never give up will cheer us all up ;)

So what? he is poor. very poor. he can't keep the ball. he can't pass, can't score from good chances...

He is rubbish.

better to play with cahill there.

He has bad times but He is still great player.Keep calm.Btw We don't buy a new striker, We have Lukaku.

On the bright side, the reverse fixture against Shaktar is coming up next in the CL...It would have been hellish to play that one last, when its obviously going to be a crunch fixture...And the final game is at home against Nordsjaelland..

Then there's the Juventus game in between..Hopefully we can come away with a result there, making it easier..

Tonight was poor and after some excellent performances this season and heaps of praise in the process, the lads should be rightly criticised for what was an all round poor and lacklustre performance. Having said that though one poor performance shouldn't have people questioning Di Matteo or player's roles in the team.

What I have noticed this season is that we have yet to impress in any European fixture yet. The frenetic pace and attacking style within the Premier league suits what we are trying to create. However European football in a much slower, tactical style which is clearly going to take longer to get used to. It is no surprise that past Chelsea teams have seemingly been more suited to playing in Europe where the experience and strength within our squad counted for much more than it did in the Premier League, an opinion backed up by 4 times in the last 8 years being knocked out by fellow English teams in Europe.

Most of the successful teams in Europe have bundles of experience, and unfortunately as we move towards a new generation of players at Chelsea, it may take us a couple of years to get things 'right' when it comes to European competition. As a few have said, the Juventus draw tonight is a real blessing and still leaves us in the driving seat to qualify with two home games remaining - Shakhtar were good tonight, but they panicked when we scored late on and I really do see us winning comfortably at home if we can get a goal in front. The late goal might still be significant if this group comes down to a head-to-head remember.

One of the positives to take out of tonight is that this has hopefully brought the team back down to earth and been a kick up the ass to keep our early season form going. It should help focus us on beating United on Sunday. Whereas for United, I have lost count now of how many games they have fallen behind this season and come back to win. It might show great desire on their part but eventually they'll come up against a team that will take such a lead and not let go, hopefully this will be us on Sunday. Despite the poor result tonight, I still fancy us to lay down a marker against United at the weekend.