Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

What i meant by intelligent he is should have seen a few weeks in that the midfield behind him (back in 2010/2011) were never going to provide him with Gerrard esque through balls bar Anelka once in a while, he should have adapted there and then.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just fucking bullshit. I would bet my life that if Danny was given HALF the trust and chances Torres has been getting, he would do TWICE as good.

You need to look at the 4th goal at WHL, Danny had desire to get in the box and score one of those famous tap in's, Torres was right on the edge of the 6 yard box.

On desire alone Danny has to be number 1 until January, if we sell him :rant:

I can't believe we were outplayed like this.

Everyone except cech had a bad or average day.

Cech - 9: saved 3-4 goals

Ivanovic- 6: nice assist but got a 6 becos lost more of the ball

Terry - 4 horrible for the 2nd goal, too slow for my liking

Luiz- 5 could have slid in to prevent the 2nd goal

Cole-6 average peformance

Mikel - 7 our only better player, on the pitch

Ramires-6 average, confused in his positioning sometimes

Oscar - 6- Horrible first half, was one of the worst players on the pitch in the first half. Played better in the 2nd

Mata- 6 he dissapeared, he was marked out, I didn't just see anything except a few dribbles

Hazard-7 I know he caused the 2nd goal with terry but, he was our only threat in this match

Sturridge-6 made better runs than torres and didn't lose the ball all the time at least. Nice pass to hazard, unlucky not to hav an assist.

Torres - 3 - worst player on the pitch

Anytime mata or hazard passes to torres, he falls then shaktar are on the counter.

He couldn't trap any ball well though out the match.

He lost possesion almost more than he kept it

He can't shoot, I'm almost about to give up on him

He produced his qpr peformance again

Shakter out pressed us and kept possesion in our 18yard box. Like WTF

I was so mad seeing them play like they were barcelona in front of our 18yard box.

This just exposed the disadvantages of playing our 3 attackin mids. None of them tracked back, especially oscar. I was dissapointed dimatteo started oscar, he clearly needed a rest, he didn't track back or move around in this match at all.

Bad match, horrible

When a player can't even trap the ball well he becomes an average player.

When a striker easily falls down well....

When a striker is scared to shoot while in front of the keeper then who can score?

When a striker stands in the box without making the run for the pass, expecting an inch perfect pirlo pass to where ever he is standing. Instead of making the run and creating space then it becomes indirectly 10 men in the pitch.

This is what fernando torres has turned out to be, I would even take demba ba over him right now

You need to look at the 4th goal at WHL, Danny had desire to get in the box and score one of those famous tap in's, Torres was right on the edge of the 6 yard box.

Selling Danny in january would be a huge mistake unless he is given some SERIOUS chances.

Ramires-6 average, confused in his positioning sometimes

Completely disagree with Rambo performance. He had a very decent game. Our double pivot was the only thing that worked in the game. 7

Completely ignoring the fact that Torres had been defending the corner, booted the ball forward from our own half and still was able to run all the way to join up with the counter.

Don't let something as simple as that, get in the way of your point though...

Completely disagree with Rambo performance. He had a very decent game. Our double pivot was the only thing that worked in the game. 7

I agree, Ramires was good. He made a couple dangerous runs into their half, made a good pass to Torres but he's too slow, and also won the ball back many times.

http://soccernet.esp.../id/218?cc=3888

"Where patience is running out is in the decision-making of David Luiz. Rarely a match goes by without the Brazilian playing a significant part in the build-up to an opponent's goal. His mistake for the opener in Donetsk was not quite as glaring as the one which saw Carlo Ancelotti chastise the defender for allowing Javier Hernandez to score in the opening seconds of a pivotal Premier League match at Old Trafford in May 2011 but it was just as costly."

What a clown, in fact Luiz is our most solid defender in this season, and only a fool would blame him for that goal, because after his mistake Terry and Ashley Cole were there to fix things, but both failed miserably.

And in terms of decision making, Terry was way worst than Luiz today, many time he left his position and got nothing but creating a chance for Shaktar. In the article there is no one single word about El Flop.

http://soccernet.esp.../id/218?cc=3888

"Where patience is running out is in the decision-making of David Luiz. Rarely a match goes by without the Brazilian playing a significant part in the build-up to an opponent's goal. His mistake for the opener in Donetsk was not quite as glaring as the one which saw Carlo Ancelotti chastise the defender for allowing Javier Hernandez to score in the opening seconds of a pivotal Premier League match at Old Trafford in May 2011 but it was just as costly."

What a clown, in fact Luiz is our most solid defender in this season, and only a fool would blame him for that goal, because after his mistake Terry and Ashley Cole were there to fix things, but both failed miserably.

And in terms of decision making, Terry was way worst than Luiz today, many time he left his position and got nothing but creating a chance for Shaktar. In the article there is no one single word about El Flop.

It's de rigueur for the media to chastise Luiz to the nth degree for any poor performance. Yet, when he's solid (which he's been most of this season), they can't seem to utter a single word of praise. Thus confirming suspicions that most journos are obsequious twits.

One major concern at the moment is our defending. We have looked sloppy and porous defensively especially when defending against wide players and at set-pieces. We just look a complete and utterly hopeless particularly on the latter. This has been utterly evident against Spurs and now Shakhtar. When the ball is being whipped in, either from corners or free kicks, you have players who are not picked up and allowed to have a free shot at goal or have time and space to pick out a passes. Not overreacting by any means here yet but worth remembering that RDM was sacked from West Brom because they were conceding goals from front, left, right and centre as well as from set pieces. RDM needs to ensure that this doesn't turn into an achilles heel for us again!

fuck the media, get off luiz back, his our best defender cahill might be more solid, but luiz is excellent in the air!

i stopped reading this forum awhile back especially the match day threads, seems everyone just picks on the one they see involved in replay more often then what not, some here also said, ramirez was average, our two defensive midfielders where the best players in this match!

RDM TACTICALLY MADE A MISTAKE JUST STARTING LAMPARD! HE KILLED THE WHOLE FLOW OF THE TEAM!