Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Hazard gave away the ball for the second goal, and he still got 5 votes for motm, well, 3 came from belgian fans. Oscar scored our goal, but he gave an assist for a Shaktar goal, but the guy missed, he was also far from superb today.

Funny thing is, Torres was way worst when he joined us, and back there he got a lot of support and people saying he was playing good. Now he became the new Bosingwa and Anelka: our scapegoat when nothing is working.

Torres doesn't need any defending at all, Hazard played well however Henrique, despite that.

We need to start controlling games more, still think we need one more player for that double pivot at least, it was very similar to Atletico Madrid defeat, obviously not the scoreline thanks to Cech, just getting overly dominated. No shit like 'it's hard to go to Ukraine', no that's just wrong. We have a very impresive attack but the back can be a let down.

T

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not relevant mate, don't get me wrong i agree with you on an extent as there shouldn't be any defendants what so ever. But Kalou was generally bad, he has nothing to his name as an individual, Bosingwa was a good at first and very good before he joined us, but he was consistently shit and was the leak of our defence. As for Torres I'll be honest he's put better performances in than those two, and he was one of the best strikers in the world about 4 year ago.

There shouldn't be defenders, but i wouldn't compare them with Bosingwa and Kalou, even on the defendants factor, as Torres has got his fanboys for a reason, even if they do sicken me by supporting this team because of him.

I know but they still did more for us than Torres has so far.

I remember this bloke that came on this forum after the Reading game (OssiesCorner) slated every one who criticize Torres saying we should support our players no matter what then went and slagged of Sturridge :doh:

I will support Torres like i do any other player and i did infact praise him after the Arenal-Nord-Norwich matches but the double standards towards him are incredible.

Anyway enough on that.

On today's match tho i will put it down to a freak, hopefully it will be back to normal against United on Sunday. The one thing i will say tho is compared to 2 years of sitting through Anelkalouda, this season has been absolute heaven.

Torres doesn't need any defending at all, Hazard played well however Henrique, despite that.

We need to start controlling games more, still think we need one more player for that double pivot at least, it was very similar to Atletico Madrid defeat, obviously not the scoreline thanks to Cech, just getting overly dominated. No shit like 'it's hard to go to Ukraine', no that's just wrong. We have a very impresive attack but the back can be a let down.

T

Hazard played good if you consider him an avarage player. I expect a lot more from the guy.

Hazard played good if you consider him an avarage player. I expect a lot more from the guy.

Someone said his finishing was poor, well whoever that was there right, he missed sitters against QPR as well.

Still better than Torres though.

Torres looks shot, His touch has deserted him and he has no confidence at all. :(

It's deserted him for the best part of two years.

am i the only one who's getting annoyed with all of this confidence bullshit? i thought Torres was decent today, but we're missing a striker like Drogba who thrives on being the main man.

Didn't watch the game. A few general thoughts.

1) Teams need about 14-15 regular outfield players. Chelsea now seem to have 12. RDM has to work some other players in. You can't play the same starting XI every match.

2) In all competitions, in games I haven't watched fully, Chelsea have 1 win, draw and 6 losses. In games I've watched fully, Chelsea have 8 wins, 2 draws.

Funny thing is, Torres was way worst when he joined us, and back there he got a lot of support and people saying he was playing good. Now he became the new Bosingwa and Anelka: our scapegoat when nothing is working.

Because back then the excuses for Torres were genuine. No break for 3 years, players around him off form, still has to settle into London etc etc, we thought with all those on the verge of getting sorted the following summer it was worth being patient and for a while under AVB it looked like we were getting rewarded, only for him to fall deep into another goal drought.

He may be performing better now, but still way off the mark of a number one forward, he is performing well in spades, good enough to be a member of the squad (which if he cost £10m from Feyenord that's all he would be) yes, but a number 1 forward? absolutely not.

It's deserted him for the best part of two years.

am i the only one who's getting annoyed with all of this confidence bullshit? i thought Torres was decent today, but we're missing a striker like Drogba who thrives on being the main man.

he is over. how is it that some1 who was so awesome just 3-4 years ago has become this blue clad zombie has made people come up with theories and the best one is that he has lost his "confidence". as far i see it, he has got nothin special to give to us which sturridge and lukaku cant.