Arsenal vs Chelsea

Jase

Hoping for a fair ref that doesn't automatically think that Hazard is diving.

Refs just can't keep up with the game anymore. We see bad calls time and time again. Bring in the replays for challenges on the verge of being red card offences and penalties that are tough to call

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when Roman paid a visit to Cobham it scared the shit outta Robbie. I'm guessing here but my feeling is Roman wants to see what he paid for in action. Its convenient that Lamps picked up a knock, that will make dropping him easier. JT is suspended so the back four pick themselves really. Arsenal have been more organized defensively and that Mannone kid looks like a real keeper, all of this tells me that Robbie will go for the win and play an open game and see who has the better team that way. They were decent against City at Eithad but City have gotten off to a poor start by their standards. Not a lot to draw from in the other matches so its gonna be interesting to see how they play against a team that has been playing very good attacking football lately.

-----Cech----

Ivanovic - Luiz - Cahill - Cole

----- Mikel - Ramires

Hazard - Oscar - Mata

---------- Torres

Cech - Obviously

Ivanovic - Only because I think he can be a real threat from set pieces with that zone their imploying

Luiz - Needs to stay calm but also be aggressive if that makes sense...

Cahill - Just be the rock, he needs to show he can be Terry-like in this fixture!

Cole - He'll be fired up for sure!

Mikel - Really needs to concentrate and get back to the form at the end of the season, He'll have an important job shielding the back 4 with this attacking lineup.

Ramires - ENERGY. Just run people off the ball, break up counters and use your pace!

Hazard - Needs to challenge that back 4 with those little bursts of speed and power we saw at the beginning of the campaign. His pace and dribbling has to be on display in this one.

Oscar - Keep doing exactly what you have been. Come deep to collect, be a ball winner in defense and the heartbeat of the squad

Mata - We need him to take the pressure off of the attacking players by getting on the ball and looking to move it quickly into dangerous areas. No more passing it around the 18.

Torres - .... Just... just occupy a defender. MOVEMENT WOULD BE NICE

I'm gonna say 2-0 Chelsea I think we have the team to control the game and really ask questions of their back 4. Oscar HAS TO START

-----Cech----

----- Mikel - Ramires

Hazard - Oscar - Mata

---------- Torres

Would be shocked if this happens. You can't play with no width against Arsenal. They'd murder us down the flanks. Also, we'd have an impossible time keeping possession in the midfield. Ramires was fine in there against Stoke because there was no defensive pressure at all, he was allowed to just walk the ball up the field. Against Arsenal, you need to be able to pass and Ramires can't do that well enough. If Lampard is unable to go, I'd rather see Oscar there. Even though the deep-lying midfielder doesn't make the best use of all his abilities, he has the right skills to be able to impact the game from there. I think we'll see Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Mata. The attacking 3 is the most up in the air. How does RDM balance it? Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Ramires, Bertrand, and Moses could all start.

Would be shocked if this happens. You can't play with no width against Arsenal. They'd murder us down the flanks. Also, we'd have an impossible time keeping possession in the midfield. Ramires was fine in there against Stoke because there was no defensive pressure at all, he was allowed to just walk the ball up the field. Against Arsenal, you need to be able to pass and Ramires can't do that well enough. If Lampard is unable to go, I'd rather see Oscar there. Even though the deep-lying midfielder doesn't make the best use of all his abilities, he has the right skills to be able to impact the game from there. I think we'll see Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Mata. The attacking 3 is the most up in the air. How does RDM balance it? Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Ramires, Bertrand, and Moses could all start.

Ya I'd rather us be proactive rather than reactive. Ramires has no presence AT ALL on the wing his legs are needed in the midfield without question. I don't mind Oscar deep and would think about taking off Ramires and bringing on Moses and dropping Oscar back in the pivot. All in all I think the best way to beat them is to attack them not sit back in a defensive shell and hope to beat them on the counter, City tried it and could hardly string together 4 passes.

You're not going to see Terry he's suspended. You'll likely not see Lamps he's got an ankle injury.

Ya I'd rather us be proactive rather than reactive. Ramires has no presence AT ALL on the wing his legs are needed in the midfield without question. I don't mind Oscar deep and would think about taking off Ramires and bringing on Moses and dropping Oscar back in the pivot. All in all I think the best way to beat them is to attack them not sit back in a defensive shell and hope to beat them on the counter, City tried it and could hardly string together 4 passes.

You're not going to see Terry he's suspended. You'll likely not see Lamps he's got an ankle injury.

I would love for us to go in guns blazing. Oscar in the pivot, Hazard, Mata and Moses behind Torres. Massive amount of creativity, pace and width.

Also think this is the lineup we are working towards. We know Oscar was bought to play as 1 of the double pivot. At first i didn't really understand but after watching his last games i do get why. Great passing range, comfortable on the ball, good movement, really loves to pass and move, lots of energy, doesn't mind chasing down the opposition, good defensive contribution. He has deeplying playmaker written all over him.

Putting Oscar into the pivot would solve a lot of the problems we've been having. We wouldn't be as congested in the centre of the pitch as Oscar would operate from a deeper position, leaving space for Hazard and Mata. Moses would stretch the defence and supply the width.

Hazard coming centrally wouldn't be a problem as Cole is more then capable of providing width on that left side. So we'd have width on both wings while having all three of our "magicians" on the pitch. Also it would help us play from the back more. We've hoofed the ball forward way too many times. This way we just keep giving away possesion.

I think when Roman paid a visit to Cobham it scared the shit outta Robbie. I'm guessing here but my feeling is Roman wants to see what he paid for in action. Its convenient that Lamps picked up a knock, that will make dropping him easier. JT is suspended so the back four pick themselves really. Arsenal have been more organized defensively and that Mannone kid looks like a real keeper, all of this tells me that Robbie will go for the win and play an open game and see who has the better team that way. They were decent against City at Eithad but City have gotten off to a poor start by their standards. Not a lot to draw from in the other matches so its gonna be interesting to see how they play against a team that has been playing very good attacking football lately.

-----Cech----

----- Mikel - Ramires

Hazard - Oscar - Mata

---------- Torres

Cech - Obviously

Ivanovic - Only because I think he can be a real threat from set pieces with that zone their imploying

Luiz - Needs to stay calm but also be aggressive if that makes sense...

Cahill - Just be the rock, he needs to show he can be Terry-like in this fixture!

Cole - He'll be fired up for sure!

Mikel - Really needs to concentrate and get back to the form at the end of the season, He'll have an important job shielding the back 4 with this attacking lineup.

Ramires - ENERGY. Just run people off the ball, break up counters and use your pace!

Hazard - Needs to challenge that back 4 with those little bursts of speed and power we saw at the beginning of the campaign. His pace and dribbling has to be on display in this one.

Oscar - Keep doing exactly what you have been. Come deep to collect, be a ball winner in defense and the heartbeat of the squad

Mata - We need him to take the pressure off of the attacking players by getting on the ball and looking to move it quickly into dangerous areas. No more passing it around the 18.

Torres - .... Just... just occupy a defender. MOVEMENT WOULD BE NICE

I'm gonna say 2-0 Chelsea I think we have the team to control the game and really ask questions of their back 4. Oscar HAS TO START

Do you really think Mikel and Ramires and Mikel can keep Cazorla and Diaby quiet ? If we use that starting XI we'll be totally thrashed! We need to play 4-3-3 imo..

If Lamps is fit we need him alongside Rami and Mikel to conjest the midfield and force Arsenal out wide to resort to crossing the ball in rather than splitting our defence with a killer through-ball cuz we're good in the air.

This is pretty much Atletico Madrid all over again... If there ever was a time we need to learn from what happened that night in Monoco, tomorrow is the day.. But this time a deadly striker in the form of 'El Tigre' isn't the concern, its a genius of a midfielder by the name of Cazorla we need to watch out for. If we can keep him queit we'll be just fine